Search for content in message boards

Gerard Lockwood connection

Gerard Lockwood connection

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a Gerard that married Mary Lockwood, possible name of Adolphus Vincent, married abt 1858. Children of that union are Dean D. b 30 April 1859 in Mich, d 18 Sep 1927. Leroy V. b June 1862 in Mich. Found a burial record for Adolphus as being in Cornell Cemetary in Buckley, Wexford Co., Michigan but didn't find the grave. Any help please???????

Mary married Volney Cross after first husband died.

Re: Gerard Lockwood connection

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 2:26PM GMT
Mary Rohama Lockwood is my Great Great Grandmother. She married Henry Vincent Gerard/Jerard c.1858 and had 2 children, Dean and Leroy Vincent. Leroy V is my Great Grand Father. Mary is the daughter of Charles Lockwood and Hannah Goldie Gwin/Guin. Henry V was originally from Theresa, Jefferson Co., NY and migrated to Michigan where he met Mary. In 1861 Henry enlisted in the 9th Michigan Infantry and was subsequently captured during the battle of Murrfreesboro, TN. He was sent to Camp Chase, OH as a parolee and from there deserted. Upon returning to Michigan to find his wife, he found that she had moved back home with her family, and that he was no longer welcome. From there he went back to his family in NY where in 1863 he married Hester Ann Wright. I don't know if his first marriage was ever disolved or not. Henry later moved with his new family to Clark Co., WS where he died in 1897. Mary married Volney Cross in 1876 and moved to Wexford Co., MI where she died in1928.

I hope that this will aid you in your reserch.

Larry Smalley

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 11:42PM GMT
How is Leroy V. Gerard connected to Mary R. Lockwood? I was doing some family research and come across them. She was born in Townsend, Huron, Ohio and died on 9, June, 1928.

Thank you
Amy Kushmaul

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 1:14AM GMT
Thank you for posting this interesting information on Mary Lockwood Gerard. Volney Cross is among the members of my tree and this information was helpful. What is the source?

Thanks,

Anne Cross May

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 9:09PM GMT
Ann,
Contact me @ krisdalley@hotmail.com have info for you

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 9:10PM GMT
Amy,
All you have to do is call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions