Willing to exchange info on all of the above
Creek/Chickasaw Families.I have much info on
most of the above Families.

Creek/Chickasaw Families

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor
We have heard that a gg-grandmother, Celie Taylor might be Creek Indian, however we have not been able to establish the degree. She was born in 1814 in Georgia, married my gg-grandfather William Henry Page in 1833, died 1896 in Treat, Pope Co, Arkansas. They had 10 children. Is any of this info coincide with your info on Taylor sirname?

Indian Williams

Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2002 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Smith
I am hunting info on my grgrgrandfather his last name was Williams. Stories say his indian name was White Cloud and he lead a group of indians from OK and settled in Oak Grove, AL. He married Josephine Smith. They had at least 4 possiblly 6 children. I have information on Josephine and most of the children, but have hit a dead end on Williams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coon

Edward Walters (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coon, Peavy
Looking for information onmPeter Coon from the Covington Co. area and later Monroe Co.
His daughters were :
Carolyn
Amanda
Sarah

Creek Family

Duncan Fields (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McGhee, Semoice
I would appreciate any information you can give me on Lynn McGhee Escambia, County Alabama or Semoice family from Alabama

James Richard Taylor

Lucy Mannion (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Forrester
Looking for any info on these two grandparents. James Richard Taylor (b. 7 Jan 1827?) and his wife Mary A Forrester (b. 3 May 1833?) Some other N.A. surnames I have some info on are Colbert, Moniac, Ward.

WILLIAMS

Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Baker, Wolf, Conner, Tusekiah,
I am a WILLIAMS on my grandmother's (BAKER) side. Her grandparents were HANNAH WOLF/WILLIAMS (FANNIE?), b. ~1850, Creek, and KINKEHEE NATHAN BAKER, b. ~1850. The WILLIAMS and BAKER names may have been selected/assigned in Oklahoma.

Hannah's parents are listed on the Dawes rolls as Bettie & Neddie. Neddie may be NED (OLD MAN) CONNER or TUSEKIAH MICCO. There are CONNERS in Alabama during the removal.

Kinkehee's parents are listed as CHOFEGE (JOPHEGA/ECO FEKE) and HOLOCHETSE. His family may have come from Florida, but when & where is unknown.

Coon family research

Peggy Scott Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coon
I am researching the names-Coon, Coons, Gohn. . .I know that one of my grandfathers married a Native American. My relatives with the above referenced surnames lived in IL, OH, PA,MO and Germany. Some given names were Michael Alonzo, Jacob, John and Johannes.

Any matches?

Dees

Laura Champion Paulk (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2009 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Paulk, Dees, Deese
I am trying to research for my husband. His grandmother was Mamie Dees (Deese?), married to Jack Paulk. We have been told there was a grandfather a few generations back who was Indian but do not know which side of the family. Mamie's father was Alex Dees/Deese. I believe she was from the Cottonwood, AL area, and would have been born about 1890, give or take a few years(trying to pin down her exact date). My husband is very interested in learning who his Native ancestor(s) are. Anything on this line? Thank you.

WEATHERFORDS

SUE BURLESON BARNHART (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEATHERFORD, BURLESON
HI STEVE, DAVID BURLESON MARRIED URSULA WEATHERFORD. HER FAMILY WAS WILKERSON AND WILLIAM WEATHERFORD. SHE IS SAID TO BE THE NIECE OF RED EAGLE(wILLIAM). THEY ARE BURIED IN MURFREESBORO, TENN. I AM DESCENDED FROM THESE TWO PEOPLE. I ALSO AM RELATED ON MY FATERNAL (BOTH THESE ARE) TO THE HUGHES AND POPES WHO ARE PART CHEROKEE. WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE. THANKS,SUE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions