Search for content in message boards

Dowdy Family in Virginia

Dowdy Family in Virginia

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 May 2002 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: DOWDY, RICHARDSON, HARRELL
I am seeking any and all info on a James C. Dowdy and family--he was born about 1853 in the Montgomery Cty, Va area--he married a Nancy Nannie Richardson from the Pulaski County Va. area--her parents were Booker Richardson and Emilene Harrell. James and Nannie Richardson Dowdy had at least 2 children: Malinda-Lennie-Dowdy and Luther Dowdy--I have this line foreward to the present day and glad to share what I have--hope to hear from you soon--thanks--Bobby-n-NC

Re: Dowdy Family in Virginia

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2004 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Dowdy, Lafon, Martin.In Giles CO.Virginia.
Hi Bobby-n-NC. I am from the Dowdy's of VA. I don't have James C. Dowdy in my data. I am looking for Casper L. Dowdy from Giles CO. VA. He is in the 1900 Giles CO. census but i cannot find him after that. Casper L. Dowdy
b. 1855 the son of Elijah Dowdy.
Thanks
Billy M. Dowdy
Millbury MA.

Dorothy Dowdy Richeson (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2002 3:02PM GMT
Hello, I dont know if I can help you or not, but I will give it a try. I remember my grandfather mentioning a Nannie Dowdy when I was younger. I will talk with my Dad and ask him for some more information. My grandfather is Lawrence Witton Dowdy...born in Blacksburg, Montgomery County ...Please contact me if you wish...Ldy_hillbilly@hotmail.com

Keith Dowdy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2002 8:24PM GMT
I am a descendant of Daniel Dewey Dowdy, In fact I am is grandson. I have been trying my best to trace the family lines back but have ran into several roadblocks. I hope that you can help me out. I have traced back to Arthur Anderson Dowdy. I have gotten a copy of his Death certificate and Marriage Cerificate, and on both just list Sallie Dowdy as only parent. I have been unable to go any further. I have also ran into a stoping point with the Ratliff. On the prevous marrige certificate has her parents being Thos. and Francis Ratcliff. and on the death certificate her parents are listed as Tom ratliff and Susan Moore. I can get you copies of both forms if you would like them. I am also interested in the rest of the family. My father has little if any contact with the Dowdy's after Daniel's Death. If you like I can provide you any Info you need about us. I hope to here from you soon.

Lynn Ann Dowdy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 12:13PM GMT
Yes!!, I would like any information concerning that Dowdy family that, I can get. I don't know anything about the Dowdy family other than what was listed on my birth cert. I have been trying for years and years to piece together my pass, without success. Anything that you have would be a blessing. I am still trying to find out as much as I can, but I really don't know where to start, because I really don't have anything to go on. Thanks again, hope to hear from you soon. Here is my email address. winone93@hotmail.com

K. Warren (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2002 1:21PM GMT
By any chance do you have any information on a noah b harrell married to an elizabeth dowdy. They lived in Gates County, NC.

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Dowdy
Elijah Dowdy was my gg grandfather. I am looking for any information on that line that I can get. I recognized the name Casper. I would love to compare info. Please contact me at adelzama@yahoo. Sheri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions