Search for content in message boards

Amos/Phebe Potter; Christopher/Charlotte Potter in Rhode Island

Amos/Phebe Potter; Christopher/Charlotte Potter in Rhode Island

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 8:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Potter, Wade, Keech
Looking for information about Great,great grandfather, Amos Potter (b.1801 (in RI?) d. 1861 Cranston, RI).
-- Father of Henry Wade Potter(b. 1828 RI, d. 1911, Johnston, RI)
-- Husband of Phebe Anne. Little known about her; name does not appear with family in 1850 Census. Other research points to a possible connection with Wade or Keech(Keach) families.
-- His parents (according to RI Archives) were Christopher and Charlotte Potter. Of 3 possible Christophers either in Scituate or Glocester RI, 2 had wives named Elizabeth (re-marriage possible).
I am now living in Florida which makes research difficult; any help/information with Amos & Phebe or Christopher & Charlotte is greatly appreciated.

Re: Amos/Phebe Potter; Christopher/Charlotte Potter in Rhode Island

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 7:37PM GMT
I have an ancestor named phebe potter I believe buried insouth kingston r.i.

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 10:31PM GMT

I found the Phebe Potter, wife of Amos in a transcription of a section of an old family Bible, She was from Cranston R.I. and previously married to a John Paine. I don't know where either she or Amos were buried Do you have the names of others buried in SK ? Thaks for the reply.

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 9:32PM GMT
the cemetary is oakdell cemetary in peacedale r.i.sko37 It is located on oakdell st. in peacedale. IIt is a historic cemetary with a lot of vandalism, but there is a phebe.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions