Search for content in message boards

missing mother/Avril QUIBELL, London or USA

missing mother/Avril QUIBELL, London or USA

Rachel Parker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 1999 2:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2010 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: quibell
I am looking for any connection to Avril Iris Quibell(Adkins). She married my father approx. 1971-73. He was in the Air Force. She had two brothers, one named Paul in the London area. Her parents would most likely have passed away by now, were named Harold(Harry) and Iris(I think). They lived in Lincoln in Lincolnshire on Ford Street. Maybe 15 Ford Street. She is in the United States to the best of my knowledge, but would like to make contact with any relatives, anywhere. Thanks Rachel E-mail me

Quibell

Heather McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 4:44AM GMT
Hi ! I am helping my frien Elaine Czarnecki with her family research and have just discovered her QUIBELL family from Peterborough Northants and Lincolnshire and as quite an unusual name think Elaine is possibly be related to you. If we come your
accross your Avril will be sure to let you know you know
Heather Peterborough

Re: missing mother/Avril Quibell

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 5:44PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2010 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Quibell
I have Quibell's in my family as well. My grandmother was Vera Quibell with a sister named Edna & a brother Raymond or Charles. I believe they originated from Linconshire area and moved to Canada approx 1950.
I have further info as well you think there may be a connection.
Valerie

Re: Quibell

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 10:57PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2002 10:36PM GMT
My mothers maiden name was Quibell and her first name is Vera Born 22/9/1921 she had a sister called Adella and had 2 brothers 1 is still alive.
Hope this is useful if so please let me know.
Thanks Barry

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 11:03PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2002 10:36PM GMT
Hi
My mothers maiden name is Vera Quibell bn 22/9/1921
she had a sister called Adella and also has 2 brothers one passed away recently.
If this fits in to anybodys tree please let me know.
I can provide further info if needed.
Barry

valerie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2002 11:47PM GMT
I was surprised to see the name Vera Quibell as this is my Grandmother's name! Obviously not the same person but for informations sake she was born in England Sept 4th 1911 & currently lives in Victoria BC. Sisters name was Edna Quibell. both moved to Canada after WWII

Dana Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2005 9:39PM GMT
I am also looking for missing mother with same name. I am US citizen born in 1984. I have an American father and my mother gave me up for adoption at the age of 9. I was told she returned to the UK. I have been searching for a while. Not sure i am on the right track

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 9:29PM GMT
I don't know if you're still looking for your mother Avril and but I think she may be my cousin. My mother was born Frances Quibell and grew up in Lincoln living at 121, Goldsmith Walk. She had three brothers and three sisters. One of her brothers was called Harry. He married and had three children: Bruce, Paul and Avril. Could this be your mother? I was born in 1953, my sister in 1951 - I would guess that Avril was a year or two older and Paul about my age. I remember going up to Lincoln for holidays when we were quite young and visiting them all. My sister has a photograph of us all in the garden of Grandma Quibell's house. If you think I have the right Avril do contact me - I live in Sussex but keep in contact with two other Quibell cousins who have quite detailed family info. Jenny Frith

Posted: 6 May 2010 3:35AM GMT
I am not sure when my mother was born. However any help you can provide me would be fantastic! If you feel comfortable sharing the photo it may help me shed light on my search.

Thank you

Dana Hawkins

Re: missing mother/Avril QUIBELL, London or USA

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 6:08PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2012 5:23PM GMT
Hi Rachel. I don't know if you are still looking for your mum but I can give you some information up to when we lost touch in the early 1970s. Message me
Penny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions