Search for content in message boards

Info re: Clark A Gearhart of Clearfield . PA

Info re: Clark A Gearhart of Clearfield . PA

Posted: 30 Jun 2006 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gearhart, McDowell
Does anyone have a Clark A. Gearhart in their line of Gearharts? He was married to Willetta McDowell, they lived in Bigler twp., Clearfield PA. I would like to hear from you.
Thanks

Re: Info re: Clark A Gearhart of Clearfield . PA

Posted: 3 Jul 2006 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart,Shivery,Mcdowell,Smith,Showalter
Carol
Not my line; just wondering if Clark is a son of John Shivery Gearhart and one of his wives? I notice that son John Wesley Gearhart married a daughter of Elijah McDowell. Herb

Carol Tadlock (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2006 6:54PM GMT
Yes Clark A was a son ofJohn S Gearhardt and his second wife and I am aware that Elijah McDowell married a Gearhart also. My gr-grandfather was a brother to Elijah McDowell and Clark A was married to one of his daughters.
Are you related to any of that part of the Gearhart's?

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart,Justice
No, not related.. As a hobby, I collect all Gearharts nationwide. For about 20 years now..

My line starts with Adam Gearhart in Montgomery Co.,Va. in abt 1786. born in 1755 in Germany likely.. Could have been a Hessian mercenary during the revolution.. Married to Margaret Justice it is said.. Margaret at any rate.. Herb

John (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2006 1:20PM GMT
Herb, would like to chat, I lost my father when I was very young, and recently found out I have half siblings that I did not know about. Also during the passing years, my father's family passed away and I only found a sister of my father, who recently passed on.
In tracking my Gearhart line, I have only been able to go back to James Lee Gearhart, out of MO, married to Laura Anne Terry from TX.
Please let us know if you have any information on this line of Gearharts. Thank you

Posted: 27 Jul 2006 10:48PM GMT
herb. since you have studied the gearharts for so long i was wondering if you have any info on frank gearhart b. 1860 pa?
Judy

Posted: 30 Jul 2006 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Gearharts
John

I have only one James Lee Gearhart bn 1932 to Lee K. Gearhart in Pa.

Give me as much detail as you can. Dates , Mo. counties..

The Gearharts from Cumberland Co.,Ky and the Celina Tenn area went to Mo. in the 1830's. Some of my East Ky Gearhearts went to Eastern Kansas and western Mo. in the late 1860's. Herb

Herb Gayheart (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2006 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart
Judy

I have 40 Frank, Franklin Gearharts in my file. Approximately 10 of them might fit your Frank.. do you have any sibs, Pa Counties... Any other info.?. Herb

Herb Gayheart (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2006 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart
Judy

Was Clark A. Gearhart the son of John Shivery Gearhart and Elizabeth Ann Smith ? I do not see him in the household in the 1880 census of Clearfield Co.,Pa. Herb

Herb (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2006 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart,McDowell,Cowder
Judy

Guess I have answered my own guestion/ Clark Alvin Gearhart the son of John Henry Gearhart and Elizabeth Cowder of Clearfield Co.,Pa. ? Clark married Etta McDowell and had two other marriages? Herb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions