Search for content in message boards

Starkey in England

Starkey in England

Lina Moffitt (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 3:49PM GMT
Has anyone gone back to Europe with the Starkey's. I've just started researching this line and have Maria Isobel Starkey born 1877 (in Australia) - parents Joseph Starkey and Elizabeth Lucas who married 1872 (dont know where) - are the Starkey's from England? If so what area?

Starkey's from England

Posted: 15 Nov 2000 1:18PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 6:57PM GMT
Yes some Starkey's came from my group did I have John Starkey, born abt 1638 in England and emigrated to America in the late 1600's in early 1700's he married Elizabeth Boyle in Hallow's Parrish, baltimore, MD He died 1737. He origenated from Stretton, England.
dont know what line you are with but if you are any of my relation would be happy to share what I have
my e-mail is KathyWev@aol.com

John Starkey

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 9:39PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2005 4:27PM GMT
I am a descendant of John Starkey and Elizabeth Boyle. Line goes: John Starkey Jr-Ann Greer: Joel Starkey-Jane Jackson:Jarvis Starkey-wife unknown:Bennett Starkey-Mary Thompson:Elizabeth Starkey-John Roach:Laura Roach-Isaac Thomas:George Thomas-Nevada Coffey:Elzora Thomas-Alfred Yocum:me

Re: Starkey's from England

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starkeys
Kathy, I have been working on The Starkeys and want to back further than John William and Elizabeth Boyle. You say they came from Stretton, England----can you tell me where you got this information. Another person states that he cam from Doretshire, England. Do you know his parents name?

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 3:30PM GMT
The main line of Starkeys/Starkies/Starkys originate in Stretton, Cheshire in the 13th Century, information derived from Omerod's History of Cheshire which shows printed pedigrees generated from Herald's Visitations of Cheshire. There are several lines descended from there. There is a family coat of arms featuring one, three or 6 storks depending on which line the arms belong to.
If you have a map of the UK look for the crossing of the M62 and M6 motorways then check the South East quadrant of the intersection for Stretton.
Several Starkeys were Sherrifs of Lancaster and their coats of arms are on display in the Shire Hall in Lancaster castle.
I have a pedigree of these Starkeys if you are interested. E-mail is alan_starkey@lineone.net

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 1:23AM GMT
Hello There Starkey!! I looked up my family name and it went back far has England. I saw the crest and family name. Im from Detroit, Michigan and my father, Father was born in the south. I have spoke to sveral peopleabout our family namecause it is not common. And someone down the blood line own slaves, Thats were they say we recieve our name from. I spoke to a lady in Tennessee I beleive she owns a Bed and Breaksfast.The house she conduct business out is her family plantation. She was suppose to look up her family tree. But havent heard from here. Tracing your roots you will fine out alot so Good Luck and Happy New Years

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 1:22AM GMT
<< I spoke to a lady in Tennessee I beleive she owns a Bed and Breaksfast.>>

Where in Tennessee does this lady live? And is her last name Starkey? I live in East Tennessee on the weekends and in Nashville during the week. I may look her up if she's not too far from me.

Posted: 6 Jan 2011 1:20AM GMT
Not for sure found here on the internet

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: starkey lawrence hibbs inman
I am interested in that line of pedigree because I believe I am a decesndant of his. please email me back @ jimmymartin4@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions