Search for content in message boards

Gorham

Gorham

Marcia Staunton (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gorham
Looking for Samuel Gorham/Gorum and wife Emily Lane, living in Perry, Geneese Co., NY 1827.
Daughter, Charlotte Melissa was born there 21 July 1827.
Were more children born there? Did they own land? Did they die there? Did they leave and move west, and when?
Any thing on this family would be a great help.
Thank you
Marcia
Portland, Oregon
Posted: 5 Mar 2003 4:48PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2004 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Gorham/Wilcox/McIntyre
I am not sure we can help one another but perhaps. My great grandmother was Auretta Alice Gorham McIntyre and she is born in East Pembroke, Genessee, NY in 1832. Her parents are ARam Gorham and Mary Wilcox. Aram and Mary are both born in the US and in NY i am sure. I just wanted to know if you have seen these names at all. thanks.

Re: Auretta Alice Gorham McIntyre

Joe Bradley (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2003 7:24AM GMT
I believe I have a fair amount of information on this line. I think you have the father's name off by a bit. Aaron Gorham, son of Stephen Gorham married Mary Wilcox. Stephen Gorham was born in Connecticut about 1775, went to Vermont around 1790 and about 1815 moved with his father and brother John Gorham and John Gorham Jr. to East Pembroke, Genesee County, New York. I don't have Stephen's wife's name but a number of researchers have traced lines from Aaron's brothers. Brothers appear to have included Israel, Cornelius and Charles. My line descends from Charles (married Emeline Clarissa Peck) and his son, George Gorham (married Margaret Auner) etc., etc. If you have additional information on the line from Auretta and/or any siblings of Auretta I would be pleased to add it to my list of descendants of Stephen Gorham. Myself and at least one other researcher are trying to develop a comprehensive listing of this family.

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Gorham/McIntyre
HI. i was so glad to get your information on Aaron Gorham and Mary Wilcox and all that you sent me. I just had seen Aaron's name as Aram. I can send you what i have for Auretta Alice Gorham McIntyre of course. And would love any information you could share with me on this Gorham line. Auretta was my great great grandmother and i do have several pictures of her. Auretta and her Husband, James McINtyre, lived around St. Mary's ONtario, Canada and had alot of children. I have only found some info for them and just a few lines. But i have my own family researched very well. If you email me,. i can send you Auretta;s line of course and please share what you have with me. Marilyn I know some about a few of Auretta's siblings but not all of course but always glad to share what i have.

Re: Gorham

Jill Gorham (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2003 2:23PM GMT
Our grgrandfather was Nelson Wilcox Gorham, youngest son of Aaron Gorham. I have Auretta Alice Gorham listed as Aaron's third child. Mary Wilcox's father was a veteran of the war of 1812 I believe. Do you have any info you could share? Thanks, Jill

Lois (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2004 3:21AM GMT
Aaron Gorham was my gggrandfather. Any information I have I would be glad to share . If you have any pictures of his family I would love to see them. Lois

Posted: 6 Nov 2004 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: Gorham/Wilcox
HI. Aaron Gorham is also my ggg grandfather. Aaron had a daughter, Auretta Alice Gorham, and she married James McIntyre and this is my mother's side of my family. Aaron married Mary Wilcox. I have traced now our Gorham line back to coming to the US on the Mayflower and have all the documents to prove this. I would love to know about your family and how we are related and will share all that i have. I have early pictures of Auretta but not of Aaron and Mary and i would love to have one of them, too.
Do be in touch. U can email me of course at suecek39@hotmail.com. WE can exchange alot of family history. Marilyn
Posted: 6 Nov 2004 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Gorham/Wilcox
HI. I would love to share what Gorham family info i have with you. Auretta Alice Gorham McIntyre was my great, great grandmother. I have alot on the Gorhams and about Aaron Gorham and about Mary Wilcox. I have now traced the Gorhams back to England and coming to America on the Mayflower. I have all the documents. Please be in touch and we can share our families. I did not have your great grandfather listed as a son of Aarons but do have other children but now have added u. Please be in touch .
Posted: 5 Jan 2007 2:27AM GMT
Hi, You answered my inquery back in Nov. 2004, unfortunately our neighborhood burned down a few days after I posted that and I haven't been on the computer since. We just finished building our new home and are moved in and starting to have a life once again. If you still have information for me about the Gorham family I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Jill
Posted: 19 Jan 2008 4:10AM GMT
Hi, Harris Gorham was my Great Great Grandfather, the son of Charles b. 1812, the son of Stephen b. 1775.
I have been trying to connect Stephen to John Gorham b. 1756 married to Ruth? and so far I haven't been able to.
Do you have any info proving that fact?
I could use any info you might have!
Thanks,
Anita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions