Search for content in message boards

Elfego Baca

Elfego Baca

Janelle Baca (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2005 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
I ma a direct decendant of the acclaimed Elfego Baca.He is my grandfathers great grandfather.My family base is out of New Mexico.I have alot of information on the Baca family.Originally the last name Baca was Cabesa de BACA.Which was derived from the fact the the Baca ancestors would leave the head of a cow to indentify territory,the name was shortened throughtout the generations.any info please contact me at the email specified

Re: Elfego Baca

Posted: 6 Jun 2005 8:00AM GMT
My name is Anna Baca-Reed.
My grandmother told me of Elfego Baca.
He was my grandfathers 3rd cousin.
My grandfather's name was Eulalio Baca, born May 6, 1899.
Disney made a movie about Elfego, and I've been researching info on the whole family. My great grandfather was Justniano Baca. He was a land commisioner in Santa Fe. My aunt Tina(84 yrs old) remembers of a statue of Our Lady that was apparently in a bombing with Elfego. Tell me all you know. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George C' de Baca (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2005 4:06AM GMT
Janelle; Just saw your posting on Elfego Baca. Although I know about Elfego, (I have a book about him), I can senf you a brief history of the Baca/Cabeza de Vaca name. Send me you e-mail address If you are interested.

Posted: 16 Jul 2006 4:28PM GMT
You can read more about Baca,by going to Newspaper Abstracts on the web and doing a search in New Mexico.
Just regular mentions and stories about him in the newspapers of his day.

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 7:22PM GMT
My name is Mark Sebastian Ivey. I am 16. My surrogate Grandfather is Ricardo Eugine Baca. He married Nicki jo Eagalston (or how ever you spell it, I never asked her), My grandmother, who told me I was his like 6th cousin, By marriage. I did a project in the 6th grade on him and told what I knew on his past. It was'nt Much but enough to do a report on him.

Posted: 22 Mar 2009 6:21PM GMT
elfego baca was my great uncle. my grandmother was orfita baca. i am interested in any history you have about the family. my father was rolly garcia. his parents were orfita baca and john garcia. my maiden name is frankie garcia. my father was born in socorro new mexico on feb. 22 1916. he used to tell me stories about his uncle elfego. i live in oceanside california which is in san diego county.

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 5:51PM GMT
hello
my name is elicia lobato, i am trying to research my family, but sinse my mother and father separated when i was very young i dont know much and i am having a hard time finding out much. my grandmothers name was josepha baca and she had a brother with red hair that rode for the pony express she married someone named i think elmer lobato. my aunts and uncles names are as follows. elmer, eddie, emily, yvonne, marie, clara, jimmy, gerald, to the best of my knowledge.

do you know if we are related, or maybe any of my relitives?
thank you for your time
elicia lobato
Posted: 3 Apr 2010 5:47AM GMT
My great grandmothers name was also Josefa Baca. I recall a story about three bros. who died at a very young age, all at the same time in a train accident. What's interesting is that I also had an aunt Clara and uncle Jimmy. I also recall of my grandma talking of some one named Yvonne. We seem to have a lot of names in common.

Posted: 2 May 2010 3:32AM GMT
I am interested in knowing the siblings and parents of Elfego Baca. My grgr- grandfather's name was Jesus Maria Baca. His father was Jose Alejandro Baca who was married to Maria De La Luz Ortiz. I'm thinking they may have lived in Socorro. Jose Alejandro was born about 1814. Jesus Maria Baca was born about 1839. Jesus lived most of his life in Jarales, Belen, and Los Lunas, where he died 28th of March, 1918. Interested to know if any of these names sound familiar to anyone.

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 4:50AM GMT
I just wanna let you know my name is Janelle Baca too! I bet we're related. That's crazy. I just googled my name and found all this. My grandpa is Mike Baca.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions