Search for content in message boards

Large Database List of Old Photos With Geneaolgy Information.

Large Database List of Old Photos With Geneaolgy Information.

Bill Bronsch (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2004 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
PLEASE READ FIRST!!!
This is a large database I have started of identified old photographs dating from the 1850's to the 1950's. There are over 400 id'd photos I have databased in alphabetical order already. I have been busy saving listings from online auctions and antique stores. I've tried to find the ones with enough information to be clear for the researcher. I have also posted as much genealogy information I could find to include with the photo. I can provide a copy of the image and might be able to track down the actual photo if possible. If you are certain and SURE that there is an ancestor's photo or image you would like me to find for you, please contact me at Bronsch@integrity.com.
DO NOT reply to the posting. I have so many postings already that I don't have time to check them all the time.
The info you see below is listed in this order:

NAME-(name written on the photo or album) I've listed the last name first.

LOCATION photographed-(if it says unknown, there is no location noted)

DATE-(Date noted on photo or a guessed date by myself or dealer)

GENEALOGY Info-(All info I could find from dealer or written on photo)

NUMBER-(condition of image that I saved to my computer, not the condition of actual photo) I use a scale of 1-10. I being the least clear image to 10 being the highest. I am picky when it comes to clarity, so I have never listed an image as a "10."

GOOD LUCK browsing! Hopefully I can reunite some photos with family! I cannot guarantee that photo can be tracking. It may have been sold or the dealer may not want to sell it.

Sincerely,
Bill Bronsch
Bronsch@integrity.com

The list will be updated with more names as they are added.

Abram Richmond ,Mr. & Mrs Jackson, Michigan ca. 1891-94 The woman is Loricina Kennedy, sister of Hila Rozaltha Kennedy. Photo was taken in Jackson, Michigan by Steele, ca. 1891-94. have a photo of Allen Kennedy on eBay right; most likely this woman’s father. 8

Ackerson, Leah ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

ALBERTSON, DAVID unknown 1870s CARTE DE VISITE FORMAT,A CDV OF A MAN  5

Allen, John Sheboygan, Wisconsin Circa 1860-1870 ORIGINAL PAIR OF CDVS OF JOHN ALLEN WHO SERVED IN THE 39TH WISCONSIN INFANTRY. The civilian cdv reads across the bottom of the front : Photographed by H S Harmon, Sheboygan, Wis. and interestingly has a blue color lining around the rim(usually they are gold) Written on the back in pencil is John Allen worked for Hutchinsons (see elsewhere on ebay for a gemtype image of Ella Hutchinson). On the back of the civilian photo is a green tax stamp for three cents hand canceled with initials H S H. The military cdv was taken earlier but still shows the same posture and large ears.

Allen, Lon Lavonia, TX circa 1900 The inscription reads Lon Allen / Born: 12-4-1879, Lavonia, Tex. / Died: 2-17-1960, Hugo Ok. Below that is written what must be his wife's information: Nellie Bertram Allen, Born 7 -22 - 1997, Died 1962, Phoenix, AZ. 8

Allen, Washington unknown circa 1860-1865 CDV Photo of I.D.'ed CIVIL WAR VET with NO ARMS~~WRITING LETTER WITH HIS FOOT!~~!  Offered here with NO RESERVE is an 1866 albumen CDV photograph of a Union Civil War veteran, who is shown writing a letter with his foot! 8

Anderson, Archibald Philadelphia, Pa 1870 Bid is for two CDVs of Old Gentlemen - one is full length shot of old man holding walking cane with top hat on table, identified on reverse as, Archibald Anderson, Scotland, other is shot of old man seated in ornate chair who doesn't appear to have any teeth, Philadelphia, Pa. backmark, image mount cropped for album insertion 8

Anderson, John A. Corning, Iowa circa 1900 These seven old cabinet portraits present the John A. Anderson family of Corning, Iowa, from about 1875 to about 1940. #1. John A. Anderson at a young age. He was born about 1875. 5 by 7; Corning, Iowa studio. #2. John Anderson as a young man. 4 by 6-1/2. #3. John A. Anderson in 1911. 5-1/2 by 8-1/2; Pumroy Studio, Corning, Iowa. #4. Ida A. Belding Anderson---John's wife---in August 1909. 5-1/2 by 7-3/4. Ida was born 24 July 1876 in Corning, Iowa to Elmer Belding & Mary Luceta Callen (1852-1936). Ida and John married on March 11, 1902. #5. Unmounted 10 by 8, 1921 photo of John & Ida and their three children: Alfred born 22 Dec 1902 (married Gladys Kellogg); Alice Mary born 25 Dec 1904 (married Walter Cochran); & Louise Isabelle born 21 Nov 1912; died 13 Feb 1999 at age 72 (more photos of Louise are in another auction, including several in her WWII WAC uniform). 6. & 7. John A. Anderson and his grandsons Edward and Charles Anderson, circa 1940. 4-3/4 by 7-5/8, in folders; Pumroy Studio, Corning, Iowa. Fine condition. All seven photos for one bid.  8

Andress, Timothy unknown circa 1860 Tinted ambrotype of a young boy in his Civil War uniform, including kepi. Pants are tinted a light blue, cheeks are rosy, and metal is highlighted. He doesn't look to be more than 14 or 15 years old. Good condition in original case with notation on the inside identifying the boy as Timothy Andress My mother's own cousin, father's side. 7

Ansey, Maurice unknown circa 1860's Uncle Issac and Aunt Lizzie's son 8

Antemann, Julius Sr unknown unknown none 8

Anthony, Florence & Mary Columbus, Ohio  1890's Up for bids is this nice old identified Cabinet Card of two pretty little girls named Florence & Mary Anthony. They where photographed by L.N. Baker of Columbus, Ohio sometime around the 1890's to early 1900's.  8

Archer, Henry PA 1860's HERE IS A VERY NICE VINTAGE AND ORIGINAL CIVIL WAR SOLDIER CDV OF HENRY ARCHER OF THE 18TH PENNSYVANIA CAVALRY. ARCHER IS WEARING THE DISTINCTIVE AND UNIQUE SHELL JACKET OF THE ANERSON TROOP REGIMENT. INK INSCRIPTION ON REVERSE READS HENRY ARCHER IN FADED INK. NO BACKMARK. IMAGE HAS OVERALL SOILING BUT STILL A GREAT REPRESENTATION OF THE UNIQUE UNIFORM OF THE 18TH PA CAV 8

Archie Parker unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Armstrong, Charles Alliance, Ohio 1887-89 This is a cabinet card photo of a little boy identified as, “Charles Armstrong.” Photo was taken by Miller in Alliance, Ohio, ca. 1887-89.  8

Armstrong, H. Pauline Houghton unknown 1885-90 This is a tintype photo of 2 young ladies embracing. Stuck to the back of the tintype is a piece of tape and the name of one of the young ladies is written on the tape. She is identified as, “H. Pauline Houghton
Armstrong, Henry’s sister.” Photo was taken sometime between 1885-90. Overall size: 2 ¼” x 3 ½”. Some soft bends and image is dark near the bottom.  7

Atwell, John Macon, Georgia 1870's Group of three CDVs that were in an old album and have had their edges trimmed as a result. Thanks to some identification on the back and the archives of Mercer University we were able to find a little information on all subjects. The photograph of the single man 3 3/4 by 2 1/2, taken in Macon, Georgia by Haygood of Joseph B. Miller who has inscribed it Your friend and brother until death. The portrait of three has had the photographer's name trimmed off but was probably taken in Macon. The man standing in the back is Edward W. Butler, Morgan County, Georgia, Senior in 1872. The man seated on the left is the afore mentioned Joseph Miller. The man seated on the right is William T. Denham of Putnam County Georgia who was in the Mercer archives for the year 1870. The last photograph of the five men has also had the photographer's name trimmed. Standing in the back left is Edward Butler, standing right is John C. Weaver of Putnam County. Seated left to right are Joseph Miller, John Atwell of Jefferson County(Senior in 1872) and Joseph Miller. Please see our other auction for more Mercer students, faculty and 19th century Georgians. 6

Auger, Jim Ontario 1890's (RIGHT) is a child named Jim Auger-Photo on the front says: Morrice Madoc. Ont. These Children are Canadian or were Photographed there, as most of my listings are finds that relate to Canada. 6

Auld, Lucy Cason Baltimore, MD 1902-08 This is a mounted studio portrait of a young lady wearing a high collar blouse and pince nez eye glasses. She is identified on the back as, Lucy Cason (Auld). Photo was taken by Hebbel in Baltimore, MD, ca. 1902-08. Overall size: 5 x 7. 9

Ault, Annie Barr Sterling Bay City, MI unknown A nice portrait cabinet card, imprint of Sterling Bay City Mich. Shows a child on a upturned chair and a full photo albulm on the floor, photos are clear 7 visible. In origional as found condition with some wear/stain to edge and top right corner was torn and repaired with touch up by the photographer when laying the print. Name on back is Annie Barr Ault? 7

Babbidge, Mannie Elliott Tillamook, Oregon circa 1887-89 Description: Another lovely Victorian couple. The lady is Mamie or Mannie Elliott (Babbidge). I’m not sure which is her married name. Someone from Tillamook needs to do some genealogical research on this couple. On her dress notice the lovely white appliqué on the bodice and sleeves and the intricate lace around the neck. This is a lovely portrait of an Oregon couple. 8

Badson, Perry Bloomsburg, PA circa 1860's Identified as Perry Badson in an album that was mildewed beyond saving. Photo was taken in Bloomsburg PA by Rosenstock. Approx 4 x 2 1/2 inches. Clear, focused. VG, snall stains and wear on photo edge & mount. 6

Baeshore Reading, PA 1891-95

Baird Erville Cambridge, Ohio 1910 This is a real photo postcard of two young ladies and a young man. They are identified on the back as, “Erville Baird, Willmer Jaylor and sister.” Photo was taken by C.E. Valentine in Cambridge, Ohio, ca. 1910. Not sent through the mail. 8

Baird, David Oskaloosa, Iowa 1885-88 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man identified on the back as, “Uncle David Baird.” Photo was taken by the Elite Studio in Oskaloosa, Iowa, ca. 1885-88. Light soiling and some small stains 8

Baird, William Ridgeville Ohio, Warren Co 1860's Up for auction is an original signed CDV of Full Sergeant Major William Baird, On the back of card it is signed with his name and it looks like Ridgeville Ohio, Warren Co. Enlisted as a privite. Baird of the 79th Infantry Regiment Ohio Musterd in 1862 , under Henry G. Kennett. 7

Baker, Tina East Haverill, Boston, MA 1880 This is a cabinet card photo of an older lady wearing a dark velvet jacket over a satin dress. She is identified on the back as, “Tina Baker of East Haverill.” Photo was taken by Chickering in Boston, MA, ca. 1880 8

Ballard, Eva Adella Portland, Maine 1896 A very nice view in Cabinet card format of Eva Adella Ballard of Portland, Maine holding her violin, bow, and sheet music. Photographers mark of Jackson~Portland, Me. in bottom margin, and period ink identification on the verso 5

Balmforth, Grandmother Strand, W.C. 1890's Remember handsome Henry Balmforth? Believe it or not this is Henry's mother. On the back it is written Grandmother Balmforth.....i wonder if she was from the old country? Interesting fancy netting on hat? Nicely set brooch, etc. This cabinet photo was taken by Alfred Huges, Day & Electric Light Studios, 433. Strand, W.C. 5

Bannister, W.M. Troy, NY mid 1870's This is a CDV photo of a bearded man identified on the back as, W.M. Bannister. Photo was taken by Cobden in Troy, NY, ca. mid 1870s. 8

Barber, J. S. New York early 1860's Early 1860s albumen carte de visite (CDV) photograph with the imprint of David A. Foote of Wolcott, New York. Period ink manuscript inscription verso reads: Remember your teacher, J. S. Barber. 7

Barber, J.S. Wolcott, New York 1860's Under Foote, David Early 1860s albumen carte de visite (CDV) photograph with the imprint of David A. Foote of Wolcott, New York. Period ink manuscript inscription verso reads: Remember your teacher, J. S. Barber. Overall VG or better condition. 5

Barden, Tulley C. South Adams, MA 1860's This is a studio portrait of a little boy in a dress, whose name is given on back as, Tulley C. Barden. The young lad is supporting himself with a hand on the back of a carved chair.The outfit consists of a blouse with a jacket and skirt. 8

Barker, Ira Waverly, New York unknown The Civil War era CDV shows a seated man wearing what appears ot be military trousers. Item is ID'd in pencil on rear as Ira Barker. Backmarked Mead & Co., Waverly, New York. Records show that a man with this name served in the Fourth and Thirteenth New York Heavy Artillery regiments. Both units contained men from Tioga County, New York. Waverly is in Tioga County. 4

Barkley, Oman unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Barnard, Jennie unknown, possibly PA 1867 The girl is identified as Jennie Barnard. An inscription on the reverse states, Nellie from Jennie... Little Miss Jennie has big bright eyes and her cheeks have been tinted. She's wearing a dark color dress with plaid trim at the bodice, waist and cuffs. Nice look away pose. The lady is in a wonderful profile pose, but she is sneaking a look at the camera 8

Barnes Lyman W. Kansas 1860's Here we have a Civil War soldier, Union or Confederate??I don't know how to recognize the uniform. He is, as told by family we purchased from, Lyman W. Barnes of Kansas. The frame is only half. We are missing the front part that would have closed over him. It measures 3 x 2 1/2. The photo seems to be in good condition beneath the glass and frame. I'm sure he will make a great addition to someones collection 7

Barnes, Wilfred M Montreal 1890's Identified in ink as Wilfred M Barnes, 14 Lyme Street, MCPI 7

Barnett, William unknown 1800's THIS ITEM IS A NICE FULL CASED ID'D NINTH PLATE DAGUERREOTYPE OF WILLIAM BARNETT.  PERHAPS OF THE BOSTON SCHOOL, THE IMAGE SHOWS YOUNG BARNETT LEANING AGAINST A SHORT COLUMN, AS WAS POPULAR.  HE IS DRESSED IN A DARK SUIT, WHITE SHIRT, DARK BOW TIE AND A HUGE GOLD TINTED CHAIN.  9

Barr, Della & Fred COUDERSPORT, PA 1890's Portrait 2

Barrett, Armina Filson Cisne, Illinois 1890's Album-This is a lovely floral celluloid album full of family cabinet cards. The cover has scuffs, scratches and large corner chips and is in good, but used, condition. Although it is charming, the main charm of this album is the family history. The album belonged to Armina Filson Barrett from Cisne, Illinois. There are 25 cabinet cards and 8 smaller photos. Of the cabinet cards, 12 are babies, couples or groups and one memorial card from baby Armina (d. March 17, 1895). The pages are age-toned and slightly soiled but in good condition. The fabric on the spine and back cover is worn but intact. The ornate brass clasp works fine. The album measures 8.5 x 11 inches. 4

Barrone, Lynas unknown circa 1900 none 7

Bastable, Will Dusseldorf 1860's CDV of three woman and one man, Photographed by W. Severin, Dusseldorf 6

Bateman, Joseph NJ 1860's Civil War soldier photo-Infantry officer 8

Bates, Mary ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Bather, John James unknown 1860's Very nice 1/2 case of a gentleman identified as John James Bather, Born July 28, 1825. I don't know if this is what is called a dag or ambro as I don't really deal in them however I came across this at an estate in Michigan. The case is in very good condition. There is a raised outer metal looks like copper and then under the glass it is also metal. The case measures: 3 x 2 1/2. The photo is extremely clear. 8

Bausch, Carrie and Henry Babylon Long Island, New York 1893 Description: Meet Carrie and Henry Bausch on their wedding day. Carrie is wearing a very pretty frilly Edwardian outfit with ribbons and ruffles at the hem. Layers of lace dominate the blouse. She is wearing fingerless gloves. A little research in the US census tells us that Carrie was 22 when this photo was taken. Unfortunately Henry disappears from the records early on and Carrie is listed as a widow by 1930. They had at least one son: Henry K. Bausch who married a woman named Catherine in 1929 or 1930. Carrie remained in the Oyster Bay area. Be sure to take a look at our other original Edwardian and Victorian photographs. 7

Bauserman, J Newark, Ohio 1870's This is a CDV photo of an older man and his wife. I’ve kept the photo in the album page where I found it so you can see their name written beneath the image. They are identified as, “J. Bauserman and wife.” Mrs. Bauserman is wearing a ruffled apron over her dress. The photo was taken by Chase in Newark, Ohio sometime in the mid-1870s. On the back of the mount there is some information about what people should wear to a photo session. 8

Bean, George unknown 1860's This 19th century CDV has a wonderful photo of a bright eyed George Bean. The rear of the carte de visite has a pencil cancelled 2 cent revenue stamp and is in good overall condition. Seller in Mass. 7

Bedell Ida Albany, NY 1880's You are bidding on a 4 by 6 victorian cabinet card of a young woman identified as Ida Bedell, Coxsackie, NY. Photograph by Veeder, Albany, NY 9

Beetem, Martie Logan Carlisle , Pa 1860's Martie Logan Beetem - Daughter of William and S.j. Logan Beetem.South Hanover st. Carlisle , Pa.Nice case and Tinted Rose Cheeks.Original Paper indentification found behind photo, 8

Belfrage, Jennie Aurora Sioux City, Iowa 1890's Group of photos under Carson, Hattie Slates#1 Photo By E.E. George - Concord Block, Minneapolis, Kansas
Name on the back is -Hattie Slates Carson
#2 Photo By G. N. Glass, Sheridan, Ind.
Name on the back is - Ella Jones
#3 Photo By Gilbert Bacon, No. 820 Arch St. Phila.
Name on the back is - Dr. W.E. Matthews, Johnstown
#4 Photo By Genelli Gallery, Sioux City, Iowa,
Name on the back is - JENNIE AURORA BELFRAGE

Bell, Gracy Mass. 1870's Little black girl-some soiling as shown-such a beautiful innocent child-id as gracy bell (best i can read)--from mass photographer willis 7

Bell, William Indiana 1860's Antique Civil War photo in CDV format of a man in an officer's frock coat, identified on the back as Wm. Bell Co A 13 Indan...I believe this means Indiana. 3 cent tax stamp. 6

Bellingall, P.W. San Francisco, CA ca. 1869 This is a CDV photo of a handsome young man with a beard. He is identified on the back as, “P.W. Bellingall.” Photo was taken by Vaughn in San Francisco, CA, ca. 1869. There was a Peter W. Bellingall in Company “D” of the 45th Illinois Infantry. He mustered out in 1865. I wonder if he traveled to California after leaving the military. Today, there is a P.W. Bellingall Customs Brokerage Company in San Francisco. 8

Bencham, Willis Dr. Atlanta, Ga 1860's A cdv of a Georgia Doctor, needs a little cleaning.I will leave that to buyer. On the back in pincle is the name Dr. Willis
Bencham, Cattersville Ga. The photographer back stamp is that of Smith and motes, no.27 Whitehall Street , Atlanta Ga 4
Bender, Lt. David S. New Orleans 1860's CDV of Lt. David S. Bender of the 47th Indiana Infantry. For detailed info on the 47th CLICK HERE Backmark is Washburn's of New Orleans. Scan shows condition well. 9

Benedict Cara Canton, PA 1873-78 This is a CDV photo of a little girl wearing a plaid dress. She is identified on the back as, “Cara Benedict” of Canton, PA. Photo was taken in Canton by B.L. Wright, ca. 1873-78. 8

Benn, Edna May Zanesville, Ohio 1890's Victorian baby in a BIG BIG white dress. 6

Benn, Mrs Anthony London 1857 This is a rare tinted stereo Daguerreotype by T R Williams of Regent Street in London. It features a woman and a boy dressed as a girl. The woman has a book in her hands and the boy is holding what appears to be a tennis raquet or similar. The two plates are sandwiched between the glass and the backing, but part of the edge tape at the bottom has split so the plates appear to have moved. There is damage to the left of the left hand image. and some surface marks to both. Ideally it would need to be properly restored and the edge rebound. The woman is named as Mrs Anthony Benn and her 2nd son and is dated 1857. The daguerreotype comes with its own leatherette case with the photographers details in gold. 5

Benton, Lt. George H. NY 1860's NEW YORK. Lt. GEORGE H. BENTON of the 98TH NEW YORK VOL INF. Also has revenue stamp on back + ID. Chest view with ink signature on front and back. Reverse reads: Truly Yours, Geo H. Benton lst Lt. 98th NY Vols..35783 5

Benton, Ormen H NY 1860's A full standing pose of a Union Civil War navy officer. Photographer's imprint on front & reverse of this carte de visite. JOHNSON BROS 867 Broadway NEW YORK. Eagle with shield on the reverse. Name below the backmark in ink: Orsmen H. Benton. 6

Bergeman, Miss D. Chicago early 1900's woman is wearing a marksmanship badge 8

Bergfels, Annie New York City 1880 This is a cabinet card photo of an older lady identified as, “Aunt Annie Bergfels.” Photo was taken by Garber in New York City, ca. 1880. Three corners of the mount slightly chipped, otherwise very good condition. No bends, tears or significant stains. Very good contrast. 9

Bidlake, Thomas unknown mid-1800's Early Ambro side portrait ID'ed Thomas Bidlake, has in parentheses (F.T.B's grandfather) 4

Black Lt. Samuel North Manchester, Indiana 1860's TWO CDV PORTRAITS OF LT SAM BLACK AND HIS WIFE, NANCY JANE FREELS. HIS IMAGE WAS TAKEN BY JAMES BONNEY, PHOTOGRAPHER, SOUTH BEND, IND AND HAS A PARTIAL ORANGE 2 CENT REVENUE STAMP ON IT. IN PENCIL ONTHE BACK IT SAYS, MY GRANDFATHER, SAM BLACK. NANCY JANE'S IMAGE HAS ON THE BACK - J J MARTIN, PHOTOGRAPHER, NORTH MANCHESTER,IND. BOTH IMAGES APPEAR TO BE WARTIME OR VERY SHORTLY THEREAFTER. SAM SERVED AS A BRIGADE ORDNANCE OFFICER AND ALSO AS A QUARTERMASTER FOR HIS REGIMENT PER HIS NATIONAL ARCHIVES PENSION FILE. HIS IMAGE MAYBE MILITARY OR CIVILIAN.. 4

Black Nelson Chicago, IL 1890's Nelson Black, of Valley City, N. Dakota.

Blackburn, George Camp Meade, Pa 1899 Vintage lot containing (1) CDV & (1) Cabinet Card photographs of George Blackburn, Co. D, 41 Cavalry, Camp Meade, Pa., CDV features rifle, sword & scabbard, gunbelt with bullets, is not backstamped, is fine condition. Cabinet Card features George Blackburn some (30) years later, is dated 1899 on back, features rifle, empty sword scabbard & gunbelt, is fine condition. Winner to pay 1.00 First Class shipping in U.S. No reserve!

Blackman, Mary Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

Blake, Clark unknown 1860's This period photo of civil war soldier is in an oval frame. He is identified on the back as Clark Blake. Good cond Size of photo is 5x7 inches, 12x14 inches overall 7

Blalse, Thirza Boston, MA 1888-91 This is a cabinet card photo of an old lady. She is identified on the back as, “Aunt Thirza Blalse.” The notation also says she lived to be 97. Photo was taken by Hastings in Boston, MA, ca. 1888-91. Scattered foxing around edges, however this does not obscure the image. 8

Blass, John W. Iowa? 1860's Civil War Tintype Id'd Armed Iowa Soldier KIA
John W. Blass KIA Pleasant Hill, LA. Published! 8

Blogg, Julia Dusseldorf 1860's CDV of three woman and one man, Photographed by W. Severin, Dusseldorf 6

Blythe, Icie May unknown early 1900's This is a studio portrait of 2 friends named Icie May Blythe and Winnie Hendrix. They are wearing amazingly large hats.
Their names and the word Friends, had been written in pencil, but have faded almost into illegibility. Someone has written their names in ink at a later date to preserve them.

Bodle, Angelic Port Jervis, NY 1873-77 This is a CDV photo of a young lady identified on the back as “Angelic Bodle.” Photo was taken by Materson in Port Jervis, NY, ca. 1873-77. 7

Boedford, Walter Leroy Northampton, Mass 1860's This is a studio portrait of a little boy named Walter Leroy Boedford, 7 months old, dressed in his christening gown. 8

Bollis, John West Swanzey, N.H. 1890's The man is John Bollis, Christian Hill West Swanzey, N.H. The back has a stand so it sits up. The front is a cloth finish with branches with red berries. Very nice identified picture. West Swanzey is located just south of Keene, NH. 6

Borden, C.N. Unknown 1860's This is a studio portrait of a young man with lush dark facial hair, a full beard and moustache.
The man's name, written on back in pencil, is barely legible. I believe it says something like, Yours C.N. Borden, To Grandma.

Bosworth, Willie unknown 1840 id'd on the inside paper as Willie Bosworth and dated 1840.

Willie is wearing a little plaid jacket, white shirt, bow tie and dark trousers. Willie also has tinted cheeks.

I would say at some point Willie decided to carve his name on the back of the leather case! You can see that it was a childs hand that carved the name!

Boulware, Mette unknown 1910 5 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches, paper photograph on post card stock circa 1910 of a handsome full figured young lady in Gibson Girl style coif and sleeved blouse with dark jumper and laced bodice. Photo image is good, has some glue on back from previous mounting, has some silvering around the image consistent with its age. Identified in contemporary pencil as 'Mette Boulware'. 4

Bounds, Absalom A. Newark, Ohio 1866-70 This is a CDV photo of a young man taken in Newark, Ohio, ca. 1866-70. His name was written on the page of the album where the photo was found. The album was in very poor condition and had to be tossed out. However, I wrote his name on the back of the CDV so it would not be lost. Later I found more about this fellow on the Internet and realized that I’d misspelled his name – it is actually “Absalom A. Bounds,” son of Amy and Allen Bounds of Hanover Township in Ohio. Absalom had a twin brother named Leroy. They were born on Sept. 15, 1840. Absalom married Mary Johnston of Clay Lick, Ohio on Aug. 3, 1873. Photo was taken by Loveridge in Newark, Ohio. 8

Bowen, Narmie Richmond, VA 1883-87 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified as, “Mrs. Narmie Bowen.” Photo was taken at the Richmond Photo Co. in Richmond, VA, ca. 1883-87. 8

Boyce, Viola King unknown 1865-1880 This is a studio portait of a woman. Her name, Viola King Boyce, was written below
the photo in the album from which it was removed. The cheeks are hand
tinted, and the clothing is unusual. 8

Boyer, Sarilla Dayton, Ohio 1885 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady wearing a dark skirt and velvet jacket with large lace collar. She is identified on the back as, “Sarilla Boyer.” Photo was taken by Bowersox in Dayton, Ohio, ca. 1885. 7

Bradley Le Roy Colorado Springs, CO 1920 This 5 1/2 by 3 3/4 photograph of a gentleman and his wife has been mounted on a 10 3/4 by 6 1/2 backing and tripple matted with a unique cut at the edge and marked with a red wax seal and a gold Colorado Springs photographer's seal. The gentleman is identified as a Santa Fe Railroad worker on the back in both a hand written notation and in an attached obituary from the Santa Fe Railroad's Magazine of December 1923. The notation reads LE ROY BRADLEY AND WIFE AT SF EMPLOYEE 1818-9/1923, FIRST AS TRACK FOREMAN, THEN ROADMASTER 1891-1923. HE DIED ON DUTY AT 77 YRS. The Obituary, with a picture of Mr. Bradley at an older age, details his career with the Railway. This handsome photograph, which is in good condition showing a scratch to the matting near the seals, will make a nice addition to any collection.

Bradley, Sam Chicago, IL 1860's Two Civil War era carte de visites of the same fellow, identified as Sam Bradley. One shows him in a suit and wearing glasses. The other is a head shot of him in uniform. He appears to be without glasses. The CDV of him without a uniform is in good condition; the other one is faded with some wrinkles. The backstamp to that CDV is Brand's Art Galley, Chicago. See my other auctions for Civil War CDVs.

Bradstreet, Mary Kimball unknown 1800's Victorian deep walnut frame with a tintype of an old lady. She is identified on the back: Mary Kimball Bradstreet, wife of Moses Bradstreet, lived to age of 99 years. 7

Brane, Charles Frederick, MD 1860's The CDv was taken by J.R. Marken of Frederick, MD 6

Briard, William unknown 1895 Interesting identified photo found in Minnesota and was taken around 1895. Two young men sitting on the floor show off the bottoms of their shoes. One has his name Willie Briard spelled out on each sole in hobnails. A little checking came up with William Briard having a birth date of July 28, 1875 and passing away in Dec 1965. Playful and unique photo. Also listed on ebay is a classroom photo of Susan Briard Hall with her students which came with this particular photo. 6

Briggs, Elias J. NY? 1849 THE CASE IS MARKED ON THE INSIDE CANDOR, NY 1849. THERE IS A PIECE OF PAPER THAT WAS BEHIND THE TINTYPE THAT READS CANDOR NY JULY 12, 1849 DAVID WILLSON THE GENTLEMAN AT THE LEFT WAS BORN AND HE DIEID MAY 30, 1874. ELIAS J. BRIGGS DAVID WILLSON THE GENT AT THE LEFT IN THIS PICTURE IS THE ONE SPOKEN OF E J BRIGGS 8

Brock, James unknown 1900 nice early ca. 1900 cabinet card of seated Black Man in suit - old writing on reverse identifies him as James Brock 4
Bromwell, Mrs. Hiram Boston, Massachusetts 1890's 2 cabinet photos of named people. The photographer is Patten (?) and Stratton in Boston Massachusetts. The people are Reverend and Mrs. Hiram Bromwell. 7

Brooks, Burton Hotchkiss Meriden, Connecticut 1880 This is an original CDV photo of a young boy posed arrogantly with a hat, walking stick and striped socks. He is identified as Burton Hotchkiss Brooks, Feb. 2, 1880, age 5 years. The photographer was J. F. Green of Meriden, Connecticut. It measures about 4 by 2 1/2. It is in very good condition.

Brother, Benjamin Evansville, Indiana 1890's This Cabinet Photo, by J. W. Tharling of Evansville, Indiana, is identified as Benjamin Brother on the back. The three piece suit, watch chain, pocket hankerchief and the gentleman's pose, shows an air of confidence 8

Broughton, Susan Marshall Rome, NY 1894 This is a cabinet card photo of an older lady identified on the back as, “Susan Marshall Broughton.” Photo was taken in 1894 by Brainerd in Rome, NY. 8

Brown Luther and Charles Houston, TX circa 1900 Vintage cabinet photo of two brothers, identified on the back as Luther and Charles Brown, made by Harper and Co 507 1/2 Main Street Houston Texas. photo is in good condition 5
Brown Rhoda Lipe unknown 1860's I GET A LOT OF IMAGES AND THIS IS ONE OF THE SMALLEST WAISTS I'VE SEEN. IT IS IN A POTTER'S PATENTED SLEEVE AND SHE IS ID'D AS RHODA LIPE BROWN 7

Brown, Jim McComb, OK 1911 This is a real photo postcard of a young man a hat and western style tie. He is standing next to a child dressed in white. The postcard was sent to Ruth Hames in McComb, Okla. from the young men in the photo, Jim Brown. Postcard was mailed from Byars, OK on June 2, 1911. 6

Brown, Lidde Philadelphia, Pa 1866 Tintype, paper mtd, cdv size, Woman seated pose, great hair. Rev. Stamp on back has been canelled. , April, 1866. Her name written on back is Lidde Brown. Artist is Taylor and Lamson, Philadelphia, Pa 6

Buber, James N. Indiana April 1863 Very nice tintype in half a case of James N. Buber, 1st Sargent, Co. D, 73rd Indiana Volunteer Infantry, April 1863. The identification is in pencil on the case behind the image. His buttons have been painted in gold 4

Bunch, Albert Red Bud, IL 1890's Here is a nice clean Cabinet Photo of a Spanish American War Soldier Pvt~Albert Bunch ~ Co I, Unit 8, Illinois Infantry. with his wife, sister-in-law, sister, I just couldn't figure out exactly who they are. It might not even be him. I'm just guessing that this is Albert since this man lived so close to Red Bud. The Database states he lived in Cairo IL and probably took this photo before he went off to war in Red Bud IL. Theres 3 Dwyers in the database but there all from the Chicago area, I wouldn't think they would go to Red Bud to take a photo. The names of the girls are on the back of the card. Check photos for condition, maybe you can read the first womens middle name.

Bunting, Mattie E. NY? 1860's What great documentation! This is Mattie E. Bunting as old script in the case says. She was born in Binghamton, NY in 1830 (found by name in familysearch.com). The old script reads Mattie E. Bunting, taken 6 years ago and under my possession at present April (year illegible, signature illegible). (The name looks like P. Anuzheit or P. Anughut. Local historians may get it at once from 1850 census lists.) The case and mat are typical of 1844-1847. 7

Burbank, Maud and Della Newton Falls, Ohio 1890's This is a studio portrait of 2 young ladies dressed identically. They don't look like identical twins, but the age looks close enough. The girls are identified as Maud and Della Burbank.
This photograph came from a cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio

Burgess, Elizabeth Norwalk, Ohio 1890's You are bidding on a 4 by 6 victorian cabinet card of a young woman identified as Lizzie Burgess, Norwalk, Ohio. Photograph by George Butt, Norwalk, Ohio 9

Burke, Edmund D. Unknown 1870's Up for auction is a Very Nice Old Tin Type with a Handsome Young Man in a Half Case. Enclosed under the picture is a Note reading Edmund D. Burke - Died August 11, 1926 - Was about 26 when he was taken. He was Clara's Father. Grandfather to Maurice Gifford. Signed by Bernice Crandall. There is also a card saying Edmund D. Burke - My Grandfather - signed Maurice .I do not know where this tin type came from. I bought it at an auction in Charlotte about 3 years ago. 7

Burley, Elizabeth Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Burnap, Ettie Ogdensburg, NY 1889 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Miss Ettie Burnap”. Photo was taken in June 1889 by Jas. M. Don in Ogdensburg, NY. These notations are written in pencil on the back of the dark mount and I didn’t include a scan because it wouldn’t show up well. 8

Burroughs, William PHILADELPHIA, PA 1860's This auction consists of an AUTHENTIC Civil War Era CARTE DE VISITE (visitation card). It is HAND-SIGNED in PERIOD INK on the reverse: WILLIAM BURROUGHS. It was accomplished by WHITAKER & CO.-PHILADELPHIA, PA. William Burroughs INVENTED and PATENTED the FIRST workable ADDING & LISTING MACHINE in ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI in 1885 4

Burtl, Josie Rochester, New York Circa 1870's A vintage CDV photo of A YOUNG GIRL HOLDING A CORNET. The photo is from Rochester, New York. She is identified as Josie Burtl. The photographer is unknown but the photo was with others from the Rochester area.

Burton, F. L. Midland City, Mich 1860's two carte de visites...one is by b f hall of lansing michigan and on back of this in lovely ink handwriting is F. L. Burton Midland City, Mich...this is the smaller image as you look at the photos...the photo of the young man which shows his head shoulders and chest, is also from lansing michigan and photographer was phil engelhart...both images have some foxing...one has two lines of gold trim on outer edges, one has two lines of reddish brown trim maybe its purple? this by b f hall... 5

Burton, Henry David Wesson, Mississippi 1880's Albumen cabinet card photograph by Hardy of Wesson, Mississippi. Studio portrait of surveyor posing with his transit. Inscribed in period hand verso: Gr. Grandfather Henry David Burton - Husband of Susan Crump Burton. 6

Burton, Spotwood H. Unknown 1860's Offered is a seated Union Cavalry officer tintype in leather case. Image is clear with no bends or creases. Leather case is in two halves and original to each other. Cavalryman is identified as Spotwood H. Burton. I cannot tell what regiment he is associated with but worthy of further research. Period writing is under image from wife Mary Burton. Please see scan for condition and details 6

Bush, E. A. WI? 1860's? THIS IS A TINTYPE(4 X 3) WITH ID'D PAPER ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF THE TINTYPE AS C.L. GORDON AND E.A. BUSH. THIS TINTYPE CAME WITH A CDV ALBUM FROM THE GORDON FAMILY 3

Butler, George Williamsport, PA 1892 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man identified on the back as, “George Butler” of Williamsport, PA. Photo was taken right around 1892 by Rosse and Shemff in Williamsport. 8

Caldwell, Anna Hatfield unknown unknown This is a Tintype photo of Aunt Anna Hatfield/Caldwell, picture date is unknown.The picture has some minor scuffs and scratches. This picture is being sold for direct descendents of William Anderson Devil Anse Hatfield. Total size is 2 7/16 X 3 3/4.This picture is not independently authenticated,therefore it will be sold as is.

Caldwell, Omah Faye & Herman Richard unknown 1920's The children's' names are written on the bottom border, Omah Faye and Herman Richard Caldwell. The dog is not named.

Call, Everett Manchester, NH 1902-06 This is a cabinet card photo of an adorable little boy dressed in a suit with bow tie. He is identified on the back as, “Everett Call.” Photo was apparently taken by a relative, W.R. Call, in Manchester, NH, ca. 1902-06. 8

Camp, Emma Albany, NY 1890's a young woman identified as Emma Camp, Waterville, Oneida County, NY.. Photograph by Veeder, Albany, NY

Campbell, Boyd & Stella Little Rock, Arkansas unknown beautiful CDV of 2 adorable children sitting in a wicker chair. This is Boyd and Stella May Campbell. Boyd is cute as a button in his patriotic suit with high round collar and big boy short suit, Stella looks charming in her lace dress with big wide eyes and look of surprise. Both children are wear 3rd third finger rings. The photo is not dated, you cannot see the names on the back, I had to use a pencil sketch. The children are the niece and nephew of 'James B. Brickhouse' This is the same photo that sits on his desk in his Little Rock, Arkansas office. (J.B. was General Chairman for Missouri Pacific Railroad and a 1906 District 10 Canditate for Senator in Arkansas).

Cardwell, Arthur Long Creek, Oregon 1917 This is a real photo postcard of a young man identified as, “Arthur Cardwell” of Long Creek, Oregon. He was a summer school student at the Oregon State Normal School, 1917. 9

Carey, Alice Sharp Chicago, IL 1880's Under Hempler, Chalie #1 Photo By Gibson - 1019 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo.
Name on the back is -Charlie Hempler
#2 Photo By Lewis Gidson, An Arbor, Mich.
Name on the back is - O.B. Lundy, 21 years
#3 Photo By Gibson's, Alpena, Mich.
Name on the back is - C. B. Beackinavy, Jackson, Mich. Class '83
#4 Photo By Gittings, chicago, Ill.
Name on the back is - Aice Sharp (Carey) 6

Carnduff, Edgar & Wilbur San Jose, CA 1895 This cabinet photo is of Edgar and Wilbur Carnduff, two adorable little boys. Taken in San Jose, CA around 1895. There is a small line of water damage around the bottom edge of the picture, but is hardly noticeable. Wilbert A. Carnduff 1890 - 1944; Edgar J. Carnduff 1891 - 1971. Children of William Carnduff & Kate Archer. 5

Carr Florio unknown 1860's There is a name in pencil on the front which appears to be Florio Carr. The last name is definately Carr, but the first is hard to decifer.

Carr, Sarah & Otty Vermont 1865 This lot contains two CDV photo of sisters, identified on the back as, “Sarah Carr” and Otty Carr.” Photos were taken right around 1865. No photographer or location identified however they were found with other photos from Vermont so they are most likely from that state. Both are in very good condition; no bends, tears or stains. The photographer has added a hint of pink to their cheeks. 7

Carson, Hattie Slates Concord Block, Minneapolis, Kansas 1890's Group of photos under Carson, Hattie Slates#1 Photo By E.E. George - Concord Block, Minneapolis, Kansas

Carter, Alice Potter Co., PA 1864 Alice Carter, born May 5th, 1807. Age 57 years, 2 months, Potter County, PA 7

Carter, H.G. unknown August 10, 1946 This is a snapshot of a young lady flanked by an Army sergeant on the right, and a
private on the left, probably recently returned home from the war.
The Sergeant has an arm around the girl's waist, while the private has his arm
across the Sergeant's shoulders.

She has written on the back, Aug. 10, 1946 / Zeb Hill / Me / H.G. Carter.

Casey, Maurice unknown 1900 This is a studio portrait of a cute young boy, 7 years old. His name is Maurice Casey (as inscribed in the bottom border). Inscribed in the top border is: work scratched- but very much like Maurice.
The boy is wearing what appears to be a seersucker suit with knee pants.

Castleman, Harry Russell Co. Kentucky 1880's CDV with large toddler on chair. Harry Castleman...born Aug. 16, 1878 in Russell Co. Kentucky...is printed on front lower edge of CDV. 7

Catlin, Julia Ravenna, Ohio 1886 This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio. 8

Catlin, Lurnar Ravenna, Ohio 1886 This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio.

Chalafoux, Eli Salem, Mass 1907-1912 This is a cabinet card photo of an older man with a goatee and two ladies. The man is identified on the back as, “Mr. Eli Chalafoux”. Next to him is his sister, Mrs. Lapham and E. Rivers of Salem, Mass. Photo was taken at the Alley Studio in Salem, Mass., ca. 1907-1912. 6

Chamberlin, Cordie and Burt Ravenna, Ohio 1890's This photograph came from a cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio. 7

Chandler, A. B. Pleasantville, PA 1870's This CDV of a gentleman in an inset oval was photographed by J. West of Pleasantville, PA. A handwritten message on the backs identifies the gentleman as A.B. Chandler, Pithole, PA - Chorister M.E. Church. The message also reads S.Ada Hall, Organist. I have previously sold photographs of S. Ada Hall who was the widdow of an identified Civil War Veteran. 5

Chantal, Sister M. Wheeling, W.VA. 1870's old photo of a Nun from West Virginia. It says on the back: Faithfully yours in the Sacried Hearts Sister M. Chantal. This Photo was taken by Brown & Higgins in Wheeling, W.VA.

Chapin, Emma Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma
Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

Chapin, Maude unknown unknown Under Clifford, Mary.Small, 2 by 3, vintage original photograph of three young people, two women and a man dressed in clothes of opposite sex so you have two men and a woman. Identified on verso as Mary Clifford, Harry Livingston and Maude Chapin. 5

Chapman, Opal V. unknown unknown This is a studio portrait of a baby wearing a white gown with eyelet lace trim. The
name Caradine is written in pencil, and could be the owner's name, or possibly
a photographer's signature. The girl is identified on back as Opal V.
Chapman.

Chappler, Ben Coffman, Missouri unknown I can make out writing on the back:
Manington?, MO
Mr. Ben Chappler
Coffman, MO
Marvela?
CBG
Jule? Chappler
There is a question mark after the words I can't quite make out. The others I am certain about.
I have another photo listed of a black lady from Farmington, Mo., which is near Coffman. 8

Charlie Barkley unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Cheevers, Bridget Lebanon, PA 1893 It is from the Roshon Studio Lebanon PA. The notation on the back reads Nanny - Bridget Cheevers and Our Andrew C. 8

Childe, Carrie G. unknown 1903 This is an outdoor photograph of a woman named carrie G. Childe, standing on the sidewalk, holding her little pet dog, Wynken.
This is one of a group of photographs from an album containing images of members of the Cromwell, Childe and Germain families, living in and around Flatbush, now part of Brooklyn, New York. I believe the album originally belonged to Carrie Germain Childe

Christman, George Reading, PA. ca. 1875 This is a CDV photo of a man standing next to a chair. He is identified on the back as, “George Christman.” Photo was taken at the City Gallery in Reading, PA, ca. 1875. Very good condition; no bends, tears or significant stains. Good contrast. 5

Clapshaw, Harold & Dorothy Portland, Oregon 1912-1915 This is a real photo postcard showing two children sitting atop a white burro. A note on the back explains that a couple of men were going around the neighbor taking children’s pictures on the burro. These two children are identified as, “Harold and Dorothy Clapshaw.” No location, however I got this photo with some others from Portland, Oregon and it’s mostly likely from that area. Not sent through the mail. Very good condition; no tears or significant stains. One small crease in right margin. Photo was taken sometime between 1912-15. 5

Clark, Anna Perring Jamestown, NY 1890's Vintage cabinet photo of a victorian lady identified as Anna Perring Clark. The photo was taken by R.S. Stillman of Jamestown, NY. The condition is good with soiling/foxing. The upper and lower edges of the card have been trimmed.

Clark, Charles P. unknown unknown a daguerreotype of a young boy. There is an old tag attached which identifies him as Chars. P. Clark.
Clark, George Providence, R.I. 1860's Civil War era carte de visites (calling card photo) of a man in uniform, seated, identified as Geo. Clark, California as written on the album page. He is holding his kepi, which has a 1 over crossed sticks with an A under . The backstamp is Hurd, 19 Westminster St., Providence RI. This came out of the same album as the other Civil War images I have listed. 6

Clark, Greta May Waterbury, CT, & Hartford, CT. 1885-87 This lot contains two cabinet card photos of the same little girl taken at different ages. She is “Greta May Clark.” One photo was taken of Greta at age 4 months by Adt & Brother in Waterbury, CT, ca. 1885. The 2nd photo was taken when Greta was 16 months old by De Lamater in Hartford, CT, ca. 1886-7. Both photos are in very good condition; no bends, tears or significant stains. 6

Clark, Helen Linesville, Pa 1880-95 All Under Clark, Helen.1 Photo By W.W. Wilt, Linesville, Pa.> Name on the back is -Helen Clark
#2 Photo By C.A. Winsor, Galesburg, Ill.
Name on the back is - Mrs. E.e. Grodon/font>
#3 Photo By C.a. Winsor, Galesburg, Ill.
Name on the back is - Blanch Smith,
#4 Photo By J. Wiltse, Mitchell, S. Dak.
Name on the back is - Chester H. Long, 8 months old..

Clark, Suzanne Belvidere, NJ 1860's This is a CDV photo of a middle-aged lady wearing a satin dress with lace trim and holding a small book or CDV album. She is identified on the back as, “Suzanne Clark.” Photo was taken by Ketchledge in Belvidere, NJ, ca. late 1860s. 7

Clary, Cortland Wisconsin? 1860's Offered is a Gd condition Civil War era cdv id's on verso as Cortland Clary. No imprint but sharp image of gentleman holding what appears to be a photograph album. CDV came out of a Wisconsin collection.

Clayton, Arma, Edith Lottie,& Ruth unknown 1900 A handwritten message on the back identifies the women as Arma Clayton, Edith Clayton, Ruth Clayton, Lottie Rathbrin (?) Clayton at the Home of Mr. & Mrs. Stanton Clayton; and although the women in the photo are identified, the location is not. 4

Cleaver, V. Morean Philadelphia 1883 This is a cabinet card photo of a young boy in a white dress. He is identified on the back as, “V. Morean Cleaver.” According to information on the back, the child was born on March 20, 1883 and the photo was taken on Dec. 1, 1883. The child died on Dec. 2, 1884. Photo was taken by Morat in Philadelphia. 8

Clifford, Mary unknown unknown Under Clifford, Mary.Small, 2 by 3, vintage original photograph of three young people, two women and a man dressed in clothes of opposite sex so you have two men and a woman. Identified on verso as Mary Clifford, Harry Livingston and Maude Chapin. 5

Clifton, Charles W. Indiana? 1860's Superb period ink signed cdv of Charles W. Clifton of the 51st Indiana Infantry. A great uniform shot- look at those stripes! 8

Clinchy, Walter & Johny Linder NY & Yates Center, Kansas 1879 & 1888 These 3 photos have writing on the back that identifies them as babies from the Clinchy family. The two photos on the left are said to be Walter Clinchy at 6 mo. and 3 1/2 yrs. The photo of the 3 1/2 yr. old is dated 1879 They were both taken in New York.

The other photo is identified as Johny Linder Clinchy, one year old, 1888, June 19th. It was taken in Yates Center, Kansas.

Coad, George R. Salem, Oregon 1910-14 This is a cabinet card photo of a very alert looking child. He is wearing a white christening gown and seated in a wicker baby buggy. The little boy is identified on the back as, Roland S. Coad, son of George R. Coad. Photo was taken when Roland was 6 months old by Cherrington in Salem, Oregon, ca. 1910-14. 6

Cochran, Silas unknown 1800's DATE: These are c1860s These are unknown, but came with a large Philadelphia, PA lot. SILAS COCHRAN AND MAMIE SHRADER (sp).

Cockle, Mary Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win
Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah
Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Coe, Frank & Katie Ravenna, Ohio 1870's This is a studio portrait of a young couple identified as Frank and Katie Coe. Katie is wearing a nice example of a gown with a bustle, and she has been posed to show it off.
This photograph came from a cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio.

Coffey, Kate Albany, NY 1880's identified as Kate Coffey, Southfields, Orange County, NY.. Photograph by Veeder, Albany, NY

Commons, Jack unknown 1943 The interesting caption on the back, obviously written by a proud young lady, reads:
Jack Commons, 2/C Petty Officer, Gunners Mate. First sailor I went with in 1943.

Conaughty, Caroline ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Cook, George R. NEW YORK 1865 NEW YORK. GEORGE R. COOK, Corporal, 3RD N.Y. Light Artillery. Ink id with ‘Yours Truly George R. Cook to Miss Ophalia A. Debar March 23rd, 1865 Has revenue stamp and 24th Army Corps Photo backmark. He was promoted to Corporal the very day he sent this photo. 35610 6

Cooley, George P. Cambridgeport, Hastings, Boston 1889 & 1895 Two vintage cabinet card photographs of a distinguished looking Massachusetts soldier sporting a chest full of medals. Handwritten on the back on the first is George P. Cooley April 30, 1889 and on the second George P. Cooley Sept. 13. 1895. The mount of the first is marked Whitney & Son...Cambridgeport and the second Hastings...Boston. Cooley is wearing a large MASS belt buckle in both photos and a few more medals in the later photo. 9

Cooper, Emily & daughter Emily unknown 1850's This is a pair of ambrotypes featuring three named women. They are Emily Cooper Jnr, Fanny Piper and Emily Cooper. It is 3 1/2 by 3 inches (89x76mm). They are in poor condition 3

Cooper, Mary Kate unknown 1860-80 IDENTIFIED AS AUNT MARY KATE COOPER, GRANDFATHER MORGAN'S SISTER 5

Corby, Wesley ELMIRA, NY 1860's Corby is shown in uniform of 1st Sergeant with diamonds above his chevrons. The 1st NY Mounted Rifles were Dept. of Virginia and North Carolina, and Army of the James. As typical of many cavalry units the 1st was involved in numerous skirmishes and small battles from organization in 1862 until the end of the war. 7

Costello, Jeff New Lisbon, Ohio 1866-71 This lot contains two CDV photos of young men taken by G.S. Moore in New Lisbon, Ohio, ca. 1866-71. One young man is holding his cap. They are identified as, “Jeff Costello” and “Err Crawford.” No photographer’s mark on one photo but they were found together and were obviously taken in the same studio. 7

Cottrell, Joseph B. New Orleans, Louisiana 1866 From the Herb Peck, Jr. estate, this is a ca. 1866 albumen carte de visite (CDV) photograph taken at the Crescent Gallery at 99 Camp Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. Actual photographer was M. J. Hinton, and one source states that he ran this gallery at this address in 1866. The subject of the photograph wears a dark coat with a stand-up collar, but I'm unsure if this is a uniform coat or not. The name Joseph B. Cottrell is inscribed at bottom front of card. On the back in pencil is Ala Conf. Inscribed in ink verso is O. P. Fitzgerald San Francisco California. 5

Coumany, M. Honolulu, Hawaii 17 April 1879 This is an original carte de visite CDV photograph showing a Naval Captain in full uniform with medals. This captain is identified on the back in ink, and appears to be M.Coumany, Captain T.R.N., 17 April 1879, Hobsons Bay, and in other writing H.S.M. Corvette Izowmroud (I have trouble reading older script and may have made mistakes in my transcript). Hobsons Bay is the main port of Melbourne, Australia, and the collection that this came from was based in Melbourne, so this Captain was likely based from Australia.
Photographer: M.Dickson, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Date: 17 April 1879. 7

Cowan, Dora Richmond, VA 1887-90 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified as, “Miss Dora Cowan.” Photo was taken at the Vernon Gallery in Richmond, VA, ca. 1887-90. 7

Cowans, Gus W. Springfield, IL 1860's This is by the noted photographer G.S. German and from his National Gallery located on the west side Square, Springfield, Ill. 7

Cox, George B. Boston, MA 1880's This cabinet photo was taken by Holland, 10 Temple Place, Boston, Ma. The photo is of George B. Cox from Laconia, N.H. 5
Craig, Etta Woodsville, NH 1890-91 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Etta Craig” of Woodsville. Photo was taken by West in Woodsville, NH, ca. 1890-91. 8

Crandall, Gerald Harris Portland, Maine 1900-05 This is a cabinet card photo of a little boy in a long white christening gown. He is identified on the back as, “Gerald Harris Crandall” age 8 months. Photo was taken by Kennedy in Portland, Maine, ca. 1900-05. 7

Crawford, Err New Lisbon, Ohio 1866-71 This lot contains two CDV photos of young men taken by G.S. Moore in New Lisbon, Ohio, ca. 1866-71. One young man is holding his cap. They are identified as, “Jeff Costello” and “Err Crawford.” No photographer’s mark on one photo but they were found together and were obviously taken in the same studio. 7

Crawley, Thomas E. Springfield, Illinois 1860's Chest up CDV of Lt. Thomas E. Crawley of the 28th Illinois Infantry. Photographer was T.E. Harris of Springfield Illinois. 9

Crevling, A.W. New York City 1865 This lot contains two CDV photos of an apparently affluent man and wife identified as, “A.W. Crevling” and “Mrs. A.W. Crevling.” Mrs. Crevling is wearing a large bonnet with long sheer veil. She has a dark shawl and over it is a long fur pelt that extends down onto her lap. Photos were taken by Jordon & Company in New York City, ca. 1865. 7

Crombie, William unknown 1850's Offering a ninth plate daguerreotype of id'd man:William Crombie (as a youth). Born in Brooklyn, N.Y. 1833. Father of William B. Crombie Born in Penna., April 8, 1871. 7

Cromwell, Eleanor J. NY 1860's This is a studio portrait of a woman named Eleanor J. Cromwell. She is wearing a large plaited chignon with a bow and ribbon.
This is one of a group of photographs from an album containing images of members of the Cromwell, Childe and Germain families, living in and around Flatbush, now part of Brooklyn, New York. I believe the album originally belonged to Carrie Germain Childe. 9

Cromwell, William D. NY 1860's This is a studio portrait of a man named William D. Cromwell. He is wearing a high collar and a cravat.
This is one of a group of photographs from an album containing images of members of the Cromwell, Childe and Germain families, living in and around Flatbush, now part of Brooklyn, New York. I believe the album originally belonged to Carrie Germain Childe. 8

Cross, Lena Paul Plainview, Minnesota 1885-88 This is a cabinet card photo of a girl posed next to an open garden gate. She is identified on the back as, “Lena Paul Cross.” Photo was taken by Saxe in Plainview, Minnesota, ca. 1885-88. 7

Crowley, Clara Stockton, California 1915 Stunning young fashion model for Hales of Stockton, California. Clara Crowley stands poised on her elegant umbrella wearing a knee-length coat and a satiny dress peeks out of the bottom. Flirty hat is tipped off to one side to reveal her lovely face. name identification is handwritten at the base of the paper matte. Gorgeous example of lovely 1915 fashion 7

Crown, Oscar Choate Lebanon, NH c.1890-1900 This cabinet card mounted photo shows an extremely well dressed boy wearing an unusual plaid coat and cap with tassel, c.1890-1900. Photographer mark of Lewis of Lebanon, NH. Handwriting on the back identifies the boy as 2 year old Oscar Choate Crown 7

Currie, Ethel Montreal, Canada unknown Studio is Summerhayes & Walford Montreal (Quebec Canada)
Nice Baby portrait
Written on the front is Ethel Currie, so I am assuming that's who this is 6

Curtiss Great, Great, Grandfather Medina, OH 1890's? This is a studio portrait of a man with a white beard, clean shaven cheeks and upper lip. He is identified on the back as Great, Great, Grandfather Curtiss. 9

Curtiss, Adele & Caroline Meriden, Connecticut 1880's The girls are identified on the back in ink as Adele & Caroline Curtiss 7

Curtiss, Anson Youngstown, Ohio 1880's This is a studio portrait of an older gentleman named Anson Curtiss, with a wiry gray beard, but clean shaven upper lip.
This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio. 8

Curtiss, Ben and Ralph Ravenna, Ohio 1890's This is a studio portrait of two little boys identified as Ben and Ralph Curtiss. The boys are dressed in identical dresses, despite their difference in age.
This photograph came from a cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many 7

Curtiss, Frank Ravenna, Ohio Feb. 23, 1877 This is a studio portrait of a man with a moustache and chin whiskers, and a large bow tie. He has signed and dated the front of the photo.
This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio 7

Curtiss, Great G-Mother Dealing unknown 1880's? This is a studio portrait of a woman with an unusual hair style. She is identified on back of the photo as Great, Great Grandmother Curtiss. From another photo, I believe her maiden name was Dealing.
She wears a lace collar secured by a nice brooch 8

Curtiss, Harriet Greenleaf Ravenna, OH 1860's This is a studio portrait of a woman identified as Harriet Greenleaf Curtiss, Mother of Frank and Homer Curtiss, buried in Charlestown, OH. Here we see her in the 1860's wearing her hair pulled back, with a long ringlet over her shoulder, with a lace collar pinned with a cameo brooch. This photograph came from a cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information in the album, several of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio. 8

Curtiss, Harriett Willson Loomis Youngstown, O 1880's This is a studio portrait of a woman named Harriett Willson Loomis Curtiss. She is wearing glasses, an ornamental hair comb, and a nice bar pin, all with good detail
This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio 9

Curtiss, Homer and Julia Ravenna, Ohio 1880's This is a studio portrait of a couple named Homer and Julia Curtiss. Homer wears a long beard with a moustache. Julia wears a long watch chain.
This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio. 8

Curtiss, Mary Mahan Ravenna, Ohio 1880's This is a studio portrait by female photographer Ada Thompson, of a young woman with a lace collar and a nice bar pin. Her name is Mary Mahan Curtiss. The photo appears to be heavily artist enhanced, if not artist rendered. This photograph came from an cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio 6

Cushing, Charles Fitchburg, MA 1860's Id'ed from the album page as Charles Cushing, backmark is C. O. Gott of Fitchburg, Ma. I usually assume this pose is a business man of some sort. Great presence and attitude. 6
Daebelliehn, Dora, Sophie & Alvira Moline, Illinois 1880's ANTIQUE PHOTO OF A GRANDMA AND SOME YOUNGER GENERATIONS. THE BACK IDENTIFIES THE SUBJECTS AS GRANDMA
DAEBELLIEHN & DORA, SOPHIE & ALVIRA. In doing some checking, there was a Henry & Doris DAEBELLIEHN listed in the 1880 census for Moline, Rock Island, Illinois. If this is Doris, she was born abt. 1824 in Germany, and her husband was b. abt. 1821 in Germany. I did not see the other three names listed in the census. The picture was taken by Bonggren in Moline. 7

Daggett, Cornelia Hartford, Connecticut 1870's? This CDV is identified as Cornelia Daggett, mother of Calvin and portrays an older woman in a photo that fades to white around the edges. The photographer is identified on the back of the picture as St. John, of 368 Main Street Hartford Connecticut. I was able to find Cornelia in Andover, Tolland Connecticut in the 1870 and 1880 censuses with her husband S Henry Daggett and son Henry C (Calvin) Daggett, living next door to Henry's father Calvin and more of his family. I made photocopies of these documents, and will include them with the card for the winning bidder. I obtained this picture with a collection of pictures which included several Alvord's, Hirschboeck's, Dowlings and Cullens from Connecticut. I was not able to connect her to any of these families in the time I spent researching them. I was hoping to research them further, but time does not permit, so I am passing them on in the hopes that someone else will be willing and able to continue the research. If you know any Daggetts in Connecticut, or know of any families which have the name combinations mentioned above, please pass the information on to them. It would be great to be able to find a relative for this woman. The CDV is in very good condition, and the corners are crisp (top corners rounded, bottom corners square). There are a couple of dirt marks on the card but they do not impact the picture quality. Please check my other sales for more, and email me if you have any questions. 6

Dahl, Albert & Julia Lake Mills, Iowa 1904 Description: Meet Mrs. Albert and Mrs. Julia Dahl. This is a lovely Edwardian portrait of a young married couple on their wedding day. New hubby is sporting a handsome frock coat and some very curly hair. His new bride is wearing a beautiful bishop-sleeved gown with covered shoulders. 6

Dailey, Peter F. Boonton, NJ ca. 1895 This is a cabinet card photo of a middle age man with a full mustache and flower boutonnière. He is identified as, “Peter F. Dailey”. Photo was taken by Wendt in Boonton, NJ, ca. 1895. Dailey (1861-1908) was quite a famous comedy actor and singer on the New York stage. 5

Dale, Hugh Thomas Virginia 1860's a very nice 1/16th plate tintype, taken from life, of Hugh Thomas Dale. Tintype is housed in it's original leather, fold-over flap case, original mat, glass and preserver. The case has leather repaired ends, display most excellent, tiny little closure latch is intact and unbroken. This image comes with a handwritten letter dated 1998 This tintype picture is of Hugh Thomas Dale on fathers side of the family. He fought for the Virginia army in the Civil War. He was captured in 1863 and was released but he returned to service and was killed in combat at the Wilderness in 1864. He left behind a young wife and little girl. He was 20 years old when he died. Father said his wife was never the same and spent her life pining for him. He is buried in the family plot in Smyth County. signed Robert T. Dale. The tintype is backed by an albumen photo of a young woman and child, presumably his wife and daughter. The image is very clear and fine condition. It appears Hugh is wearing a Type 1 Richmond Depot jacket, at least the configuration matches that of records for this uniform. He is most definite a young reb. Records search finds that Hugh T. Dale enlisted 5/18/1861 at Smyth County, Virginia as a private at the age of 18. He mustered into Virginia 48th Infantry on the same day he enlisted. He is listed as POW 5/3/1863 at Fredericksburg, VA, confined 5/4/1863 at Washington, D.C., transferred 5/10/1863 to City Point, Virginia, and exchanged 5/13/1863. The next entry finds him killed in action 5/5/1864 at the Wilderness, Virginia. Everything matches up here, he is wearing an early war jacket and he enlisted 1861. 8

Dalex, Mary Glens Falls, NY 1895-96 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady wearing a puffy sleeve dress and large hair ornament. She is identified as, “Mary Dalex.” Photo was taken by Ingalls in Glens Falls, NY, ca. 1895-96. A bit of scattered light foxing, otherwise very good condition. 8

Danforth, Lewis unknown circa 1900 he might have been a professional gambler. Identified on the back as Lewis Danforth. No photographer markings. 6

Davenport, William S. NJ 1860's AMAZING Antique Collection of a Tintype Civil War Soldier, A Letter from him to Family, His Discharge Paper, and his Raise in Rank Certificate. This is a Great historical Lot from WILLIAM S. DAVENPORT. Starting with the Hand Colored Tintype, It comes complete in the Gold Gilt Frame. Blue Tinted Pants, Stripes on his Arms, a Red Cross on his left side. Then comes the Discharge Letter dated 1864 from Newark at that time he was listed as Sergeant of Captain Edwin W Hedges Company A 2nd Regiment of New Jersey Infantry Volunteers. He served Three years. Signed by Joseph M Locke at the bottom. The other Document is titled The Commanding Officer of the FIRST BATTALION 3rd Div. of New Jersey Rifle Corps. It is an APPOINTMENT, a Raise in Rank to SERGEANT MAJOR in the First Battalion 3rd Div NJ Rifle Corps(note how the Regiment is crossed at top and in the middle and written Battalion instead). It was done at Elizabeth, NJ in the Year 1866. Signed by the commanding Office bottom left Stephen M Lutz? and signed by David D Buchanan MAJOR on the bottom right. Last is a Letter written from Davenport to his Father about him Being SICK with BILLIOUS. Dont forget to check out my other INTERESTING PHOTOGRAPHY Auctions this week. 7

Davis, Ella Gloversville, NY 1878-83 This is a CDV photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Ella Davis.” Photo was taken by Scidmore in Gloversville, NY, ca. 1878-83. 7

Davis, Lydia Lord Ravenna, Ohio 1890's This is a studio portrait of a plump, pretty young woman. She is identified as Lydia Lord Davis
This photograph came from a cabinet card/cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio.

Davy, John Little Falls, N.Y. 1870 vintage cdv image, in origional condition with stain at top right edge. Man is holding a large themoplastic or gutta purcha case and his spectales. Imprint of W.H. Abbott Little Falls N.Y. also on back is written 1870 70 yrs. Uncle John Davy of Eli Davy. 5

De Boer, Jake unknown circa 1900 Identified photo of Jake De Boer. Photo in VG-cond. 4

Dean, Amelia unknown unknown CDV, subject is a woman inseated pose. She has some great curls. On the back it is written, Amelia Dean This card is smaller than normal CDV, could have been trimmed down 5

Dean, Ellen L. unknown unknown printed on the reverse : Ellen L. Dean, Age 18 years 8

Deane, Bertha Fanning New York City c1860s SHE IS IDENTIFIED AS BERTHA FANNING AND LATER AS MRS. JOHN H. DEANE. FABULOUS FEATHERED HAT AND A PRETTY OFF THE SHOULDER DRESS. 7

Deans, Jennie Delhi, NY unknown Fantastic old photo showing 2 young ladies holding hands. Great Hats and a HUGE Fan. Take a look and see what you think. The Ladies are identified as Bessie Lynch and Jennie Deans. Photographer Farrington of Delhi, NY. 5

Deidenger, Lanna Missouri 1860's Here is a daguerreotype of a little girl seated in a highchair, she was probably under two years of age. The case has 2 lilies on a cross-hatched background, the hinge is split. In the back of the case behind the image there is written in pencil, “Lanna Deidenger, born Jan.31st 1858, married Silas Hyre Nov. 9 1876, mother of- Laura Sollenberger, Maude Hoffman, Clyde a. Hyre; died Aug.25 1927”. This dag is from Missouri where there were a lot of early German settlers. 8
Dekui, Wilhelmina ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Della, Charley V. unknown unknown This is a studio portrait of a handsome young man, seated, with flowers, daisies,
poking in from the bottom right. The man's jacket and vest are open enough to
see his belt buckle.
His name, written on back, is Charley V. Della 8

Demarest, Estella Albany, NY 1880's victorian cabinet card of a young woman identified as Estella Demarest, Nenuet, Rockland County, NY.. Photograph by Veeder, Albany, NY 9

Dement, Mona Portland, Oregon 1910-16 This is a cabinet card photo of a little girl in a white dress holding a small ball. She is identified on the back as, Mona Dement. Daughter of Mr. & Mrs. John Dement. Photo was taken by Davis in Portland, Oregon, ca. 1910-16. Overall size: 5 1/2 x 11. 4

Demerest, Sarah Buffalo, NY 1860's This is a CDV photo of an older lady wearing a dark dress and a plaid knit shawl wrapped around her shoulders. She is wearing a small knit cap with long ribbon tassels. The photographer has added some pink color to her cheeks and darkened her hair. She is identified on the back as, “Sarah Demerest.” Photo was found with some others from the Demerest family who lived in and around Buffalo, NY. Photo was taken right around 1864-65. 8

Denham, William T. Macon, Georgia 1870's Group of three CDVs that were in an old album and have had their edges trimmed as a result. Thanks to some identification on the back and the archives of Mercer University we were able to find a little information on all subjects. The photograph of the single man 3 3/4 by 2 1/2, taken in Macon, Georgia by Haygood of Joseph B. Miller who has inscribed it Your friend and brother until death. The portrait of three has had the photographer's name trimmed off but was probably taken in Macon. The man standing in the back is Edward W. Butler, Morgan County, Georgia, Senior in 1872. The man seated on the left is the afore mentioned Joseph Miller. The man seated on the right is William T. Denham of Putnam County Georgia who was in the Mercer archives for the year 1870. The last photograph of the five men has also had the photographer's name trimmed. Standing in the back left is Edward Butler, standing right is John C. Weaver of Putnam County. Seated left to right are Joseph Miller, John Atwell of Jefferson County(Senior in 1872) and Joseph Miller. Please see our other auction for more Mercer students, faculty and 19th century Georgians. 6
DePaso, E.T. Memphis, Tenn 9-1-1893 Great CDV image of a young man identified as E.T. DePaso. Photographer is 'Deaue', Memphis, Tenn. Tennessee. Date on back of photo is 9-1-93 with E.T. DePaso 6
Depew, Harlan A. Chelsea, Michigan 1893-98 This is a cabinet card photo of a baby boy wearing a long white christening gown. He is identified on the back as, “Harlan A. Depew” of Chelsea; age 12 weeks and 1 day. 5

Derby, Helen Laurent Worcester Massachusetts circa 1910 She has a white christening gown and a lovely smile!
She is identified inside the folder as HELEN LAURENT DERBY aged 4 months 18days
Photographer is Louis Fabian Bachrach of Worcester Massachusetts Mass
Perhaps she was a descendant of the Derby family of Salem Ma 6

Dewitt, Herman El Paso, Texas 1890's Up for bids is this very nice old photo from El Paso, Texas. It is of a young man named Mr. Herman Dewitt and it was taken by A.J.T. Joslin, in El Paso, TX

Douglas, Matilda & Win Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan
Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Dugan, Frank Iowa 1880's This is a cabinet card photo of a dapper young man with thick mustache. He is wearing an overcoat, holding a large top hat, and wearing leather gloves. He is identified on the back as, “Frank Dugan” from Iowa. Photo was taken sometime in the early 1880s. No photographer identified 8

Dundore, Milton Lebanon, PA 1918-21 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man and woman. It could be a wedding photo. The couple are identified on the back as, “Mr. & Mrs. Milton Dundore.” Photo was taken by Wolfe in Lebanon, PA, ca. 1918-21. 6

Duratt, Ida unknown 1860's This young lady is identified on the back asung lady Ida Duratt.

There are no markings on front or back to identify the photographer or studio.

Dwyer, Ransom unknown 1860's Up for auction is a civil war cdv of Ransom Dwyer a Chaplain for the 2nd New York Vet Cavalry. This CDV is great because it shows what a chaplain would wear in the cavalry service. I do not know the significance of the plaid jacket he is wearing. The shoulder straps which show the rank of Captain have been tinted gold on the photograph and his piety is shown through wearing buttons that are not gold. He holds what I believe to be his Bible 5

Earle, Grace unknown 1860's or 1870's This is a studio portrait of Grace Earle before she grew up and became Mrs. Carl Hiatt.
This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 7

Easton, George Jr New Castle Pa 1880's This is a neat Cabinet Card Photo of two Bakers from New Castle Pa. The photo was done by Johnston. The back of the photo identifies one of the men aas George Easton Jr 1890. . Some staining to the edges. The cards is mounted on heavy board. 2

Eaton, Frederick & family Sabattus, Maine circa 1853 This is the rarest, nicest and last of the Eaton family (Sabattus, Maine) daguerreian portraits. This is a quarter-plate daguerreotype of five members of the Eaton family, including Frederick Eaton (shown at the far right and in the scan detail) who served in the Union army and whose tintype portrait (full uniform, sword, pistol) is being sold (ebay #2248490118) on Friday, May 11. This dag is IDed as to the maker, who stamped his name Gilchrest twice on the bottom part of the mat. I have not been able to locate this photogapher in my references. He could be a Maine or Massachusetts photographer. According to the family, these Eatons, at this time, had businesses in both Lowell, MA and Augusta, Maine, later settling in Sabattus, Maine. 4

Eberts, J. D. Plattsburg, Missouri 1885 Cdv photo of a man identified on back as J. D. Eberts. Dated 1885. Photographer G. W. Bryant, Plattsburg, Missouri. Photo dimensions 2 1/2 by 4 1/8 approximtely 3

Eddy, Lyman & Minnie Upsala, Minnesota 1897-98 Traditional Cab Card

Condition: Very good-few liquid splotches.

Photographer: J. Sw. Borgstrom

Year: 1897-8

Description: This couple has the arm behind the back thing down pat. Why photographers posed people like this is beyond me. It’s goofy enough when one’s doing it, but I’m a Little Teapot for everybody? This is Lyman Eddy and his wife, Minnie Eddy. Lyman, according to the back of the card, is the brother of William Henry Eddy Sr. Lyman’s wearing spectacles and his wife really is a cutie pie. I have a lot of genealogical info on Lyman. Here’s a short synopsis. He was born in 1874. Died in 1968. In 1880 had sibs named Ellen, Wm Henry, Susan & Emery Eddy. Father-Erastus Eddy, a farmer. Mom-Henrietta Altoff Eddy. Lyman’s father was in the military during the Civil War, Aug 1862-1865. Inducted at the age of 30 into H Ninth Regiment out of Carver, Minnesota. 7

Edwards, Benjamin Franklin Fayette, Indiana? 1936 This is a snapshot of a white-haired toddler in a wagon, petting his dog, who sits
beside him. An unpainted clapboard house is in the background. The
circumstances and the boy are identified through inscriptions on the border,
and also on the back. He is Benjamin Franklin Edwards, 3 years old, taken on
Easter Sunday, 1936, in Fayette, ID [Indiana? Idaho?] 6

Elkhardt, Mrs. St. Louis, MO ca. 1894 This is a cabinet card photo of a lady wearing a pleated dress with outrageously large puff sleeves. She is identified on the back as, “Mrs. Elkhardt.” Photo was taken by Roth in St. Louis, MO, ca. 1894. 7

Ellis, Lt. John M. MASSACHUSETTS 1860's MASSACHUSETTS. “Lt. Ellis, 35th Mass” reads this ink id on the front. About mid chest view of Lt. John M. Ellis who also seved in the 29th Mass Infantry. Forts Richardson & Lyon, Va backmark. Photo in MOLLUS and on CW Data System also. 4

Emrich, Mary Louisville, KY 1887-90 This is a cabinet card photo of a baby girl wearing a long white christening gown. She is identified on the back as, “Mary Emrich.” Photo was taken by Gregory in Louisville, KY, ca. 1887-90. Quite a bit of light soiling and contrast light over Mary’s white dress. Face and upper body can be clearly seen. Someone appears to be holding up the child’s head for the photo; perhaps the mother. 5

English, Joseph D. PenYam, NY 1870's? CDV, subject is a man in full view standing pose, wearing a priest robe. He is I'd as Father Josepth D. English. Artist is Gram, PenYam, NY 4
Ennis, Margaret C. Albany, NY 1885 victorian cabinet card of a young woman identified as Margaret C. Ennis, Pattersonville, NY. June Class of 1885. Photograph by Veeder, Albany, NY 7

Ersland, Nels Slaten, Iowa circa 1900 Identified photo of Nels Ersland Slaten, Iowa. Photo taken at the J.B. Hann studio in Whatcom, Washinton. Photo in VG-cond. Matt has a stain on the edge of the oval. 5

Evams, Will VALPARAISO, INDIANA unknown This CDV of a male is in very good condition, and was photographed by J.H. MCLELLAN, in VALPARAISO, INDIANA. There is beautiful art work on the back of this, and also the name written at the bottom in ink of WILL EVANS, SCOTSVILLE, ILL. I have photographed the back and front for you to see, and photo has been enlarged. Hopefully, someone is still living from this family. 7

Evans, Jennie Emporia, Kansas 1885 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady wearing a white lace dress. She is surrounded by baskets of flowers and there are books on the table along with a some type of banner. She is holding a closed fan. Most likely this is a graduation picture. She is identified on the back as, “Jennie Evans” of Emporia, Kansas. Photo was taken right around 1885. No photographer identified. 6

Ewer, Barnabas MA 1860's These are two outstanding images of Barnabas Ewer - first image of him as a Captain of Company I 3rd Massachusetts Infantry. Second CDV is of him two years later as a Major of the 58th Massachusetts. I have copies of all research on Ewer. I bought both of these from Henry Deeks about 12 years ago. Ewer was age 50 at enlistment, an oil refiner and resident of Fairhaven, Mass. Commissioned Capt. of Co. I 3rd Mass Sept. 15 1862. Mustered out of the 3rd Regiment June 26, 1863; Reenlisted as Major of the 58th Mass. Commissioned Oct. 27, 1863. Attached to 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, 9th Army Corp, Army of the Potomac. The 58th fought in such battles as Wilderness, Spottsylvania, and Cold Harbor - where Ewer was killed June 3, 1864. Ewer is mentioned in the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion numerous times. Nice period ink inscription on back of view of him as a Major. Any questions please e-mail. Image photographers are J.W. Black in Boston (Major) and M. Smith of New Bedford (Captain). 7

Ewing, Ella K. unknown unknown This great super clear and rich carte-de-visite photo by C.M. Husted shows a giant lady and her parents in an image where she towers her arms over the top of her father's head. It is entitled in pencil on reverse, Ella K. Ewing, Age 27, Weight 256 pounds, hight 8'4.This came from an old Virginia City Montana family collection. Many travelling acts went to the Montana Gold Camps and this young giant women apparently appeared there.$5 p/h 7

Falber, Henry Texas 1926 On back is written: Henry Falber & Connie Nelson / Sept. - 1926 / you both were very young & nice looking in this picture. Thought you would like to have one. 5

Farmer, Jim Norwalk Connecticut 1860's This CDV is identified as Jim Farmer and portrays a charming young boy in a simple but interesting suit. Notice that the coat has only one button, at the collar. He is wearing high boots and striped undergarments (socks?). The setting may be a photographers studio, as he is leaning against an unusual piece of furniture which is ideally suited to posing for the shot. The photographer is identified on the back of the picture as Readman Bros. of 13 Main Street Norwalk Connecticut. I obtained this picture with a collection of pictures which included several Alvord's, Hirschboeck's, Dowlings and Cullens from Connecticut. I was not able to connect him to any of these families in the time I spent researching them. I was hoping to research them further, but time does not permit, so I am passing them on in the hopes that someone else will be able to continue the research. If you know any Farmers in Connecticut, or know of any families which have the name combinations mentioned above, please pass the information on to them. It would be great to be able to find a relative for this young fellow 4

Farnum, George Port Jervis, NY 1888-90 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man identified on the back as, “George Farnum.” Photo was taken by Allerton in Port Jervis, NY, ca. 1888-90. A few small light stains, otherwise good condition. No bends or tears; not cut down. Good contrast. He looks like he may have some Native or Black American blood in his ancestry. 7

Farrington, Edward J. Canton, NY? 1891 This is a large cabinet card photo of a man leaning on a fence. There are trees and ivy in the foreground and in the distance I can see a house. According to information written on the back of the mount, the name is “Edward J. Farrington” and the photo was taken at Canton, the Summer of 1891 by Nelson W. Marra. Photo was found with some from New York so it could be Canton, NY but I can’t say for sure. Measures approx. 7 ½” x 9 ½”. Mount has some small holes and a chipped corner. There are also some small light stains on the mount and in the image 5

Fawcette, Jean Sackville, NB 1890's 3 cabinet photos of named people. Photographers are Merseneau and Morrell in Chatham, R.S. Pridham in Sackville and G.A. Burkhardt in Fredericton. The people are: Reverend Chapman, Jean Fawcette and Rev. John Allan. Excellent condition with minor foxing and soiling. 7

Fay, D.N. Norwalk, Ohio 1888-91 This is a cabinet card photo of an older man with white beard. He is identified on the back as, D.N. Fay of Norwalk, Ohio. Photo was taken by Crowell in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, ca. 1888-91. Very good condition; no bends, tears or significant stains. Good contrast.
I’ve got another cabinet card photo of a member of the Fay Family on eBay right now. It`s a photo of Marion V. Fay taken Dec. 1886 by a photographer in Madison, Wisconsin. She could be this man’s daughter, but I don`t know for sure 8

Fay, Frederick Leighton Natick, Mass 1908 Written on back is the lad's name and the date: Frederic Leighton Fay, 1908.
Written below that in another hand, is, Son of Amon & Jennie Fay (Amon was 1st
cousin to Grandmother Mary Jane Benson Dudley) Fred would be 2nd cousin
to my mother, Aunt Carie & Uncle James 6-7-88 8

Fehvenbach, Grant unknown unknown identified on the reverse: Grant Fehvenbach. 8

Fehvenbach, LaVerne unknown unknown vintage real photo postcard, identified on the reverse: LaVerne Fehvenbach. 6
Felton, Henry and Catherine Bird Island, Minnesota 1904 Meet Henry and Catherine Felton. Henry and Catherine were married in 1904 when they were 28 and 23, respectively. This is their wedding party portrait. What we’ve been able to learn about Henry and Catherine from the 1920 and 1930 U.S. Census lists is a lot. Catherine was born in Germany. Henry was a yardman in a stockyard. During these years they had nine children: Julia, Clarence, Raymond, Bertha, Mary, Loretta, Joseph, Florence and Bernard-so there should be a lot of Minnesota Feltons out there. In 1930, the kids were 23 years down to 7. 6

Ferry, Grace Marsh, and Samuel Bridgeport, Conn 1870's? This is a set of 2 Cartes de Visite. They are studio portraits of a husband and wife
named Grace (Marsh) Ferry, and Samuel Ferry.
Samuel Ferry is a very handsome young man with unusual facial hair, a moustache
and mutton chops, but a clean-shaven chin. He wears a suit, high collar, and a
vest or tie. Grace Ferry Wears a lace- trimmed dress with a flowered scarf and a pin at the
collar. Her hair is pulled back, but curled. The edges and corners show minimal wear (except for a slightly crushed upper left
corner on Mr. Ferry's photograph. The images are very slightly faded, but still
very clear 8

Field A. unknown unknown This is a tintype studio portrait of a handsome young man named A. Field. His receding hairline has been enhanced with a touch up by the artist. He wears a thick moustache and a striped tie.
The image is very clear 8

Field, Lizzie unknown 1870's This is a studio portrait of a young girl named Lizzie Field. She is posed with her arm resting on a draped table beside a photograph album with clasp. 9

Field, O. Middlebury, VT 1870's This is a studio portrait of a young man with a moustache identified as O. Field. He wears a suit with wide lapels over a wide tie. 7

Fields, Harold Lebanon, PA 1907-1914 This is a cabinet card photo of a little boy seated on the arm of a chair. He is wearing a double-breasted belted tunic dress and identified on the back as, “Harold Fields.” Photo was taken by Gates in Lebanon, PA, ca. 1907-1914. 6

Fieliegh, Abraham unknown 1870's? Tintype, paper mtd, cdv size, man in seated pose, on the backback he is I'd as Abraham Fieliegh No artist listed. 6

Fisher, Louis HORTON, KANSAS 1890's AN ANTIQUE PHOTO OF A MAN WITH A VERY COLORFUL TIE FOR HIS DAY! TAKEN IN HORTON, KANSAS, PROBABLY LATE 20TH CENTURY FROM THE LOOK OF HIS SHIRT COLLAR, THE PHOTO IS ID'D IN PENCIL ON BACK AS LOUIS FISHER. This picture was taken by Hoppe. 7

Flagg, Allie unknown 1860's This is a studio portrait of a cute young boy named Allie Flagg, according to the notation under the photo in the album. Contradicting this name, is the name written on back, C.C. Flagg. In addition, present for grandma, is written on the back. 8

Flagg, Charlie unknown 1860's This is a studio portrait of a cute little boy named Charlie Flagg. On the back is written, a present for Grandma. The boys cheeks are hand tinted. 8

Fleming, L.M. Duke Centre, PA 1875-80 This is a CDV of a young man with large mutton chop beard. He is identified as, “L.M. Fleming” of Duke Centre, PA. Photo was taken by Zuver in Duke Centre, ca. 1875-80. 7

Flemming, Theodore Topeka, KS Probably 1920's This is a photograph of two handsome young men, collegiate looking in dress. They are posed on what is probably a stairway to a building on campus, and are probably school buddies or roommates.
The name, Theodore Flemming, is written on the back, but I don't know which, if either, of the young men it applies to 7

Foote, Dell unknown 1887 This is a studio portrait of a very cute young lad wearing a tie with a horseshoe tie pin. The boy is identified on the back and Dell Foote, and the date as Oct. 6, 1887 8

Ford, Frank D. Washington, IL 1854 This is an excellent condition DAGUERREOTYPE of a young man wearing a hand tinted flower or 5 corner pin on his lapel, which has been nicely tinted. Full case 1/6 size with slight tarnish on the edges where the mat overlays the image. Unsealed back. In the case is a calling card hand written that says
FRANK D FORD Washington ILL 1854. There is history of a photographer by that name, which says that this may either be BY him, or OF him. Here is some history of Ford. a couple of months later Frank D Wood was in charge of the Oxford Daguerrean Gallery. Frank D Wood was a native of Greene, New York. He traveled extensively through New York and Pennsylvania over the following years during a long photographic career. By the end of September, he notified the public of his intent to vacate the gallery <Oxford Times, 30 May 1855 7

Ford, Fred unknown 1910 His name, Fred Ford, and his age, two years, are written on the bottom border. on the
back is written, This picture belongs to Frank Ford, and he must keep it. 8

Forehand, E. M. unknown 1908 This is an outdoor photo of a young farmer (wearing glasses) with his toddler son, watching the feeding of a large hog, and several hens. The corn and husks are visible on the ground. The man and boy are identified on back as E. M. Forehand and son Edwin. The date is given as 1908. 6

Forrester Portland, Oregon 1901 This is a cabinet card photo of a newly dug grave covered with funeral flowers. There is a plaque on the ground in the middle of the flowers that says “Forrester, 6-1901, 36 Yr.” The complete plaque is not showing so I can’t see a first name. Photo was taken by Lagerborg in Portland, Oregon at the time of the funeral. There are some pencil notations on the back, with the name Miss Effie Highsmith and another notation that says, “cousin Sadie`s sister`s grave” and another name, “Mrs. A.K. Hager.” 7

Fortune, G.B. Raleigh, NC unknown This is a cabinet card photo of a man identified on the back as, “G.B. Fortune” of Raleigh, NC. Photo was given to Mrs. J. R. Lucas of Camden, SC 9

Foulke, Clara Updegraff Kansas City, Missouri 1890's? Under Frampton, Mable Up for bids are these two nice old photos of two pretty little girls. The first photo does have one corner missing but in no way affects the photo. This little girl is named Mable Frampton age 12 April 25th 1889. This photo was taken in Walter G. Lewis Art Studio of Photograthy in Bath (England perhaps?).
The second little girl is Identified as Clara (Updegraff) Foulke. It also says: Clara b. 1877 m. 1906 (dau. of Louisa Jones Dunbar Updegraff) Louisa b. 1836-N.C. d. 1923 Pasa CA. This photo was taken by Hall in Kansas City, Missouri / MO. 1

Fox, Margaret & Mary Louise Montgomery County, Pennsylvania 1920's Here is an adorable photo of two sisters, identified on the back as Margaret Fox, 11-26-14, and Mary Louise Fox, 5-37-11. I think that the dates after the names are the girls birthdates. I did some research into the census records and found two sister with this name living in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and assume this to be them since this is where I found this picture. Photo itself has a 1/2 inch tear in one side, a bent corner and a missing corner, also some soiling, but still is a terrific photo for someone tracing this family, or who just collects old photos 7

Fox, Sarah A. Gouverneur, NY 1892 This is a cabinet card photo of a 70-year-old lady identified on the back as “Sarah A. Fox.” Photo was taken on Dec. 21, 1892 by Fisdell in Gouverneur, NY. 7

Fox, W. Henry Potsdam, NY 1888 This lot contains 2 cabinet card photos of W. Henry Fox. Both were taken in Potsdam, NY. One taken in 1888 and the 2nd one taken in 1889. These were obtained with some other cabinet cards of college students but I’m not sure what college they were attending. 9

Frame, William Albany, NY 1878-83 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man identified on the back as, “William Frame.” Photo was taken by McDonnald & Sterry in Albany, NY, ca. 1878-83. 7

Frampton, Mable Bath, England? 1889 Up for bids are these two nice old photos of two pretty little girls. The first photo does have one corner missing but in no way affects the photo. This little girl is named Mable Frampton age 12 April 25th 1889. This photo was taken in Walter G. Lewis Art Studio of Photograthy in Bath (England perhaps?).
The second little girl is Identified as Clara (Updegraff) Foulke. It also says: Clara b. 1877 m. 1906 (dau. of Louisa Jones Dunbar Updegraff) Louisa b. 1836-N.C. d. 1923 Pasa CA. This photo was taken by Hall in Kansas City, Missouri / MO. 1

Franchere, Mary Emma North Adams, Massachusetts 1889-91 This is a cabinet card photo of a baby girl wearing a white lace christening gown. She is identified on the back as, “Mary Emma Franchere.” Photo was taken by Hurd & Bordeleau in North Adams, Massachusetts, ca. 1889-91. 6

Freels, Nancy Jane North Manchester, Indiana 1860's TWO CDV PORTRAITS OF LT SAM BLACK AND HIS WIFE, NANCY JANE FREELS. HIS IMAGE WAS TAKEN BY JAMES BONNEY, PHOTOGRAPHER, SOUTH BEND, IND AND HAS A PARTIAL ORANGE 2 CENT REVENUE STAMP ON IT. IN PENCIL ONTHE BACK IT SAYS, MY GRANDFATHER, SAM BLACK. NANCY JANE'S IMAGE HAS ON THE BACK - J J MARTIN, PHOTOGRAPHER, NORTH MANCHESTER,IND. BOTH IMAGES APPEAR TO BE WARTIME OR VERY SHORTLY THEREAFTER. SAM SERVED AS A BRIGADE ORDNANCE OFFICER AND ALSO AS A QUARTERMASTER FOR HIS REGIMENT PER HIS NATIONAL ARCHIVES PENSION FILE. HIS IMAGE MAYBE MILITARY OR CIVILIAN.. 4

French, Eleanor Lukens Philadelphia, PA Dec. 18, 1896 This is a cabinet card photo of a 1-year-old little girl in a ruffled white dress. She is identified on the back as, Eleanor Lukens French. She weighed 33 1/3 lbs. when this photo was taken on taken on Dec. 18, 1896 by Gutekunst in Philadelphia, PA. 8

French, Frank S. Boston, MA 1880 This is a CDV photo of a young man identified as, Frank S. French. Photo was taken by Shaw & Chamberlain in Boston, MA, ca. 1880. 8

French, Myrtle Portland, Oregon April 24, 1898 This is a small cabinet card photo of a young lady wearing a plaid ruffled dress. She is identified on the back as, Myrtle French. Photo was taken by Mesarvey in Portland, Oregon on April 24, 1898. Mount is slightly cut down from its original size. It now measures 2 1/2 x 4. 4

Frey, Grandfather Omaha, Nebraska Aug. 22, 1893 This is a cabinet card photo of an old man with trimmed beard. He is identified on the back as, “Grandfather Frey.” Photo was taken on Aug. 22, 1893 by Gray in Omaha, Nebraska. 7

Frost, Mary E. NEW LISBON, OHIO MAY 1872 A WOMAN WEARING A DARK DRESS WITH A WHITE FRILLY COLLAR AND A CHECKERED BOW ABOUT HER NECK. SHE IS WEARING A NECKLACE AND HAS HER HAIR PULLED UP. SHE HAS ROSEY CHEEKS. 4

Fryer, Simeon Dyson England 1850's Born 21 July, 1825, Died Dec 10, 1855. This is a cased daguerreotype featuring a hand tinted image of a seated man. On the back his name is given as Simeon Dyson Fryer, son of Simeon Fryer who was a surgeon in Raistrick in Yorkshire, England. It is 2 1/2 x 2 inches (63x51mm). It has lost some contrast and has some marks on the underside of the cover glass which reflect off the image. 5

Fuller, Charles L. Williamsport, PA late 1870s This is a CDV photo of a young man with a thick handlebar mustache. He is identified on the back as, “Chas. L. Fuller.” Photo was taken by Nice in Williamsport, PA, ca. late 1870s. 8

Fuller, George H. Portland, Maine 1860's Civil War soldier photo 4

Fuller, Helen Willimantic, Connecticut ca. early 1880s This is a CDV photo of a little girl identified on the back as, “Helen Fuller” (married name Helen Lewis). Photo was taken by Townsend in Willimantic, Connecticut, ca. early 1880s. 7

Fulton, Hazel & Hattie E. Richwood, Ohio & Marysville, OH 1886, 1892 This lot contains two cabinet cards photos. One is a photo of a little girl identified on the back as, “Hattie E. Fulton.” The 2nd cabinet card is of Hattie a few years later with her younger sister Hazel. The earlier photo of Hattie was taken by Berger in Richwood, Ohio, ca. 1886-87. The photo of the two sisters was taken by Smith in Marysville, OH, ca. 1892. 6

Gaa, Paul Baltimore, MD 1891-93 This is a cabinet card photo of a little boy in a white lace christening gown. He is identified on the back as, “Paul Gaa.” Photo was taken by Ashman in Baltimore, MD, ca. 1891-93. 6

Gale, Reuben unknown 1850's Up for bids is a Very fine Dag photo that was found in my grams attic while preparing for the sale of her home. This photo was found it an old box along with many others (22). The tag inside of the case says that the person in the photo is of Uncle Reuben Gale. Now unfortunately I don't know who Uncle Reuben Gale is, other then he appears to be a very prominate man. He is dressed very professional like with a dashing black suit and black vest. His shirt is white and has a well defined collar that rises up to cover his whole neck. The suit is accented with a bow tie and what looks to be a very stylish pocket watch or gold pendent. His cheeks are tinted pink and is very well groomed with a well defined beard. He has a wonderful top hat with wide brim. The watch or pendent is colored gold and is very visible against the black suit. 7

Galoway, Hattie Kalamazoo ,MI 1890's? This is a studio portrait of a young woman named Hattie Galoway. She is posed so
that a hoop earring is visable, as well as a nice pin at her collar, and the knot of
hair at the back of her head 7

Gamble, Rufa Trimble, Tennessee 1900? So on the back of her new picture, she writes, When this you see, Remember me, The little girl from Tennessee. Rufa Gamble from Trimble, Tennessee 5

Gano, Ema Philadelphia, PA 1860's tintypes 8
Gardener, Ted India WW1 This is one of a number of photos that I have listed this week featuring India and British troops in India. They were taken around the time of World War 1. This is a photo of an officer named Ted Gardener and it has a postcard back 9

Gardine, Edward unknown circa 1870's This is a studio portrait of an elegantly dressed gentleman named Edward Gardine, or Uncle Ed. Hair parted in the middle, he wears a thick, walrus moustache. He is dressed in a suit with vest and wide tie with pin. There is also a pin in his lapel 8

Gaskell, Ada Ashtabula, OH 1880's This is a studio portrait of a young woman wearing a dress with very broad sleeves,
lots of lace, and some nice jewelry 8

Gayle, Henry Owenton, Kentucky 1891-94 This is a cabinet card photo of a baby boy wearing a crocheted sweater. He is identified on the back as, “Henry Gayle.” Photo was taken by Wilder in Owenton, Kentucky, ca. 1891-94 6

Gelling family UK 1858 Tinted Ambrotype of father with children in leather case.
This comes with a dated itemized bill for 1858 which was folded up in the back of the case & says Castletowers Dec 6 - 1858 for Portrait in Case of Mr Gelling ect 10 shillings, To portrait Mr Gelling ect 9 shillings, 2 Portraits on Canvas 3 shillings. 4

George, Myrtle Jamestown, N.Y 1890's 19th century black and white cabinet photograph showing a cute young girl sitting in a wicker chair. She wears a sailor-type dress with a large bow in her hair. There is a name written on the back that I assume is her's..Myrtle George, Jamestown. The name of the photographer is imprinted in the front..FENTON & ANDRUSS., Jamestown, N.Y. 5

Germain, Carrie Augusta New York 1860's This is a studio portrait of a young girl named Carrie Augusta Germain in the 1860's. She is wearing a cross on a chain around her neck. The cross and chain have been hand gilt.
This photograph has been pasted onto the photographer's card stock in an unusual way and cut to the size of a CDV. A round Kodak print has been glued to the back. The man in this photograph is identified as Cromwell Childe circa 1888. Carrie Germain married Mr. Childe when she grew up.These photos are from a group of photographs from an album containing images of members of the Cromwell, Childe and Germain families, living in and around Flatbush, now part of Brooklyn, New York. I believe the album originally belonged to Carrie Germain Childe. 8

Germain, Margarheta Brooklyn, E.D. 1870's This is a studio portrait of a woman named Margarheta Germain. She wears a braided chignon on the top of her head. Her collar is trimmed with fluted lace, and she wears a large white bow pinned on the collar.
This is one of a group of photographs from an album containing images of members of the Cromwell, Childe and Germain families, living in and around Flatbush, now part of Brooklyn, New York. I believe the album originally belonged to Carrie Germain Childe 7

Gibbs, Ebenezer Watertown, N.Y. 1880's Offered here is a photograph of Ebenezer Gibbs, taken by photographer Chas. S. Hart, Over Post Office, Watertown, N.Y. Shown is a distinguished gentleman who appears to be wearing a toupee. My brief searching on line shows that a man of the name Ebenezer Gibbs resided in the Town of Worth, and that there is an Ebenezer Gibbs who was buried in the Town of Pamelia long before this late 19th century photograph was taken. This man would be younger but possibly related. He might be I.E. Gibbs, farmer, age 55 in the 1880 census of Watertown. 7

Giebler, Florence unknown unknown Up for auction is a real photo postcard. Florence Giebler is written on the reverse. 4

Giebler, Gladys unknown unknown Up for auction is a real photo vintage photograph. The little girl is identified as Gladys Giebler. 6

Gilbert, James P. Hartford, Conn early 1900's The photographer was Randall Y. Blackmore, 11 Pratt St., Hartford, Conn.
On the folder is a note that reads Sincerely yours James P. Gilbert 7

Gilman, H. Harold Port Henry, NY 1893 This is a CDV photo of a chubby baby boy identified on the back as, H. Harold Gilman. Photo was taken on July 9, 1893 by Bigalow in Port Henry, NY. Harold was 8 weeks old at the time. 8

Gilmore, Lt. James A. Chillicothe, Ohio 1860's For your consideration is this identified CDV of Lieutenant James A. Gilmore, Company I, 63rd Ohio Infantry. Among the regiment's many engagements were New Madrid, Missouri, Island Number 10, Farmington, Mississippi, Corinth, Mississippi, Grant's Central Mississippi Campaign, Parker's Cross Roads, Atlanta Campaign, and Sherman's March to the sea. Gilmore mustered into the regiment as a 2nd Lt. on January 17, 1862, was promoted to 1st Lt. on February 13, 1863, and to Captain on October 4th, 1864. He declined this promotion and was mustered out of service on December 26, 1864. His residence was Chillicothe, Ohio. In the Official Records, Gilmore is mentioned for his gallantry at the Battle of Corinth fighting near Battery Robinett. Colonel John W. Sprague of the 63rd Ohio wrote in his report of the battle,
Second Lieutenant James A. Gilmore received a painful wound in the hip, but insisted that the more severely wounded should be cared for first. His conduct during the fight was most gallant.
The CDV is in good condition, and is signed on the back, Truly Yours Jas. A. Gilmore 1st Lt. Co. I, 63rd Ohio. There is also a brief description of Gilmore's service written on the back in pencil by a previous owner. 7

Ginoicho, Filomonella Naples, Italy 1870's? PHOTOGRAPHY:GRILLET
LOCALE: NAPLES ITALY
CONDITION: EXCELLENT
OTHER: GORGEOUS WOMAN FILOMONELLA GINOICHO 3

Goble, Hiram Tulsa, Ok early 1900's This is a studio portrait of 4 young men. They are all dressed in shirt sleeves and ties.
The name, Hiram Goble, is written in the lower left, so he might be one of the subjects. 8

Goldammer, Fred & Paul Menominee, MI ? WW1 1918? two vintage solider photos.These are both ID on the back of the photos 7
Goodin, Smith II & Mary Ellen Marshall, Michigan 1892-95 This lot contains two cabinet card photos of an older man and woman. Along with the photos was a paper identifying these people as possibly, “Smith Goodin II and his wife, Mary Ellen.” Photos appear to have been taken the same day, by Young & McKay in Marshall, Michigan, ca. 1892-95. 8

Goodknight, Lyda Rowbowtham unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a very well-dressed fisherwoman. She is identified on the back
as, Great Aunt Lyda Rowbowtham Goodknight. She is dressed in expensive
sports clothes for fishing. She holds a collapsible cane pole against her lap. 5

Goodwin, Benjamin, Mary & Alta Marye Kankakee, Illinois 1880 This lot contains two cabinet card photos of members of the Goodwin family in Kankakee, Illinois. One is a photo of Benjamin and Mary Goodwin, taken in 1880 by Knowlton. The other is a photo of Alta Mary Goodwin, taken in 1881 by Knowlton. 6

Goodwin, J.H. NY 1889, 1892 This lot contains two cabinet card photos of J.H. Goodwin. He may have been an actor or some type of entertainer as both are very artful poses taken by photographers who often photographed celebrities. One of the photos was taken in 1889 by Sarony and the other was taken in 1892 by Falk. Goodwin wrote an inscription to his cousin May on the back of the 1892 photo. His name and date is also on the back of the earlier picture but it doesn’t look like the same handwriting. 8

Gordon, C. L. WI? 1860's? THIS IS A TINTYPE(4 X 3) WITH ID'D PAPER ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF THE TINTYPE AS C.L. GORDON AND E.A. BUSH. THIS TINTYPE CAME WITH A CDV ALBUM FROM THE GORDON FAMILY 3

Gordon, Mrs. E.E. Galesburg, Ill 1880-95 All Under Clark, Helen.1 Photo By W.W. Wilt, Linesville, Pa.> Name on the back is -Helen Clark

Gosset, Franland Oxford Sept 1910 CDV of a British soldier in uniform the image is by Soame of Oxford. The soldier is identified on the verso as Franland Gosset Sept 1910. 6

Gotthilf Family STUTTGART GERMANY 1860's?? Ordinary old photographs aren't particularly hard to find, but this one certainly isn't ordinary. It was taken in STUTTGART GERMANY (photographer's raised imprinted seal discretely at bottom of cardboard frame), and shows 13 family members. Their names are under the photo: gotthilf, louise, otto, gottlob, ernst, paul, wilhelm, grandma, grandpa, etc: 4 little children, 2 teens, 5 adults (including one in a military uniform), and 2 seniors. Pencil notes on back: Friedericka (my mother) not on here. The names are as uncle earl told me. The ones I marked with a check are still living, or were when he told me about them in Detroit. 1

Gould, Charley & Walter Hampton Beach Aug 1855 Pleasing daguerreotype of two well-dressed men, one of whom wears a white summer hat and appears to be holding a cigar (though it's difficult to see). Identified inside case: “Taken at Hampton Beach, Aug 1855 Charley Gould and Walter.” Sixth plate in size 5

Graff, Jacob G. Harrisburg, PA 1886 This is a cabinet card photo of a man with a thick goatee. He is identified on the back as, “Jacob G. Graff.” Photo was taken right around 1886 by H. Kraus in Harrisburg, PA. 8

Granger, Walter Winchendon Massachusetts 1881 Identified on reverse as ALICE GRANGER's brother WALTER 7

Grant, Charles Norwich, NY 1885 This is a cabinet card photo of a man identified on the back as, “Chas Grant” of Norwich, NY. Photo was taken right around 1885. No photographer identified. 9

Grant, Jacob Norwalk, CT 1860's just recently removed these two photos from a Civil War CDV album that show a Ct. soldier and his wife and children. Research shows that Jacob Grant of Chester, Ct. was a member of H Co., 8th Ct. Vols. He was mustered in on 9/14/ 1861 for two years and relisted in a Veterans Regt.on 12/24/1863 and was mustered out on 12/24/1865. Both CDV's are identified in ink. Very uncommon to have photos of a Civil War soldier along with his wife and children. 7

Graves, Norman Unknown 1894 Under Hiatt, Lena. This is a studio portrait of 2 couples. Their names are, Lena Hiatt, Norman Graves, Marnie McNaughton, and Ed Hiatt. This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 4

Gray, Charles C. Rhode Island 1860's Up for auction is an Ink signed Civil War CDV of Charles C. Gray. Charles is seen as a Lt. holding a sword when he was in Company D of the 1st Rhode Island Artillery 19th Army Corps. The image is signed at the top in period red ink and has a period pencil ID at the bottom. 7

Gray, John Arthur Louisville, Kentucky 8/1/1900 This is a cabinet card photo of a very distinguished looking southern gentleman. He is identified on the front as, “J.A. Gray.” His full name, “John Arthur Gray” is written on the back of the mount. The photo was taken 8/1/1900 by Johnston in Louisville, Kentucky. 9

Gray, W.O. Louisiana, Missouri 1885-89 This is a cabinet card photo of a bearded man identified on the back as, “W.O. Gray”. Photo was taken by Pritchard in Louisiana, Missouri, ca. 1885-89. 8
Gregory, Grandfather Trenton, NJ ca. 1891-95 This is a cabinet card photo of an old man with small white goatee. He is identified on the back as, “Grandfather Gregory.” Photo was taken by Krauch in Trenton, NJ, ca. 1891-95. 8

Grey, Beaulah Corning,N.Y. 1880's beautiful little girl angel with bottle curls. In excellent condition,clean and sharp. ID'd on the back as Beaulah Grey by Crocker, Corning,N.Y. 6

Gridley, H. J. Rock Island, IL Oct 12, 1863 or 66 I recently purchased several lots of old CDV's, cabinet cards, tintypes and ambrotypes. I will be listing them over the next few days and am happy to combine items to save on shipping expenses.
This auction is for a wonderful old ambrotype of a young gentleman who is identified inside the case. The handwriting is a bit difficult to read but I make it out as H. J. Gridley, Oct, 12, 1866 (could be 1863), Rock Island Ill. I tried to research this young man and came up with a possibility that fits the name and location. I do not know for a certainty that this young man is in fact Horace Jared Gridley, but based on census searches, family genealogy forums, etc., this was the only possible match I was able to find.
Horace Jared Gridley, born in 1839 in Erie, New York to parents Jared Clement Gridley and Celestia Almeda Talmadge. On Aug. 21, 1861, Horace married Phillis Jane Cooper in Rock Island Illinois.
There is a Horace J. Gridley who was a Private in Company C of the 102'nd Illinois Infantry.
This unit was organized at Knoxville, Ill., and mustered in September 1, 1862. Moved to Peoria, Ill., September 22, thence to Louisville, Ky., October 1. Attached to Ward's Brigade, Dumont's 12th Division, Army of the Ohio, to November, 1862. Ward's Brigade, Post of Gallatin, Tenn., Dept. of the Cumberland, to June, 1863. 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, Reserve Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to August, 1863. Ward's Brigade, Post of Nashville, Tenn., Dept. of the Cumberland, to January, 1864. 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 11th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to April, I864. 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 20th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, and Army of Georgia, to June, 1865. 4

Griffith, Herman J. Duluth, Minnesota April 3, 1904 This is a cabinet card photo of a baby boy dressed in a white christening gown. The child is identified on the back as, “Herman J. Griffith”, born January 6, 1904. The picture was taken on April 3, 1904 by Lweifel in Duluth, Minnesota. 5

Guise, S. F. Evansville, Indiana 1882 This auction is for 2 CDV's of men who are both identified. The handwriting is hard to read, but I believe the one on the left is id'd as S. F. Guise, and is dated 1882. it was taken in Evansville, Indiana. The one on the right is written on the back and is id'd as either Laurens or Terrens Kraus. This one was taken in Sullivan Ill. 4

Gulley, Bert India WW1 This is one of a number of photos that I have listed this week featuring India and British troops in India. They were taken around the time of World War 1. This is a photo of an officer named Bert Gulley and it has a postcard back. 8

Gutch, Mrs. Henry New Orleans, LA 1860's CDV, subject is a woman in seated pose. Her blouse is a double breast coat with rows of brass buttons like an officers coat. She is I'd as Mrs. Henry Gutch. The artist is E. Jacobs, New Orleans, LA.
There was a Capt. Henry B. Gutch, Co. F., 75th New York that was stationed in New Orleans during the war for sometime. Being an officer, his wife could have come to visit him in N.O. . You can make that connection if you wish. I am selling an I'd woman, in N.O. wearing a military style blouse. 6

Guyer, Arthelia Boston 1880's Her name is Arthelia Guyer. (Written on back as, Arthelia, Grandmother
Guyer). 7

Haggerty, Charles Potsdam, NY ca. 1889 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man with a thick handlebar mustache. He is identified on the back as, “Charles
Haggerty.” According to information I received from a fellow member of the eBay community, Charles graduated from the Normal School in Potsdam, NY in June 1889. Photo was taken by Stone in Potsdam, NY, ca. 1889. 8

Hahn, D. Hilda Louise Rochester, NY ca. 1892-96 This is a cabinet card photo of a very proud father showing off his baby daughter, who is seated in a wicker chair. On the back of the mount, the child is identified as, Miss D. Hilda Louise Hahn. Photo was taken by Bacon in Rochester, NY, ca. 1892-96. 8

Haig, Theresa Edna & Ethel New York State 1890's but we think it's from New York State, probably in the Canton, Ogdensburg, Potsdam area as most of the photos I got with it were Here's Theresa Edna Haig and her new sister Ethel. In this photo Theresa is 5 yr and 2 mos. (and no happier than she was at 4 yrs 8mths See other Auctions) Now Theresa has a new reason to be unhappy: Ethel who is 15 ms and 26lbs
It also says Granpa Haig on the back on this 4

Haley, Mant Wooster, Ohio 1860's This is a studio portrait of a young woman wearing a plaid bow tie pinned with a
brooch.Her name is Mant Haley, and she is further identified as Friend of Grandma Sharp's 7

Hall, Charles Westfield, Mass 1879 This is a CDV photo of a handsome young man identified on the back as, “Charles Hall.” Photo was taken in 1879 by M.O.T. Coleman in Westfield, Mass. 8

Halligan, Alice ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Hamilton, Edward & Alice Greencastle, Indiana ca. 1891 This is a cabinet card photo of a boy and his younger sister. They are identified on the back as, “Edward and Alice Hamilton”, age 9 and 6 years. Photo was taken by Kerr in Greencastle, Indiana, ca. 1891. 7

Hampton, Ivern St. Louis ca. 1900 Black lady photographed by Lexton & Maxwell, St. Louis. Written lower left corner,
Mr. & Mrs. S. Brown
-Ivern Hampton 7

Harding, Sarah Wilkes Barre, PA ca. mid 1870s This is a CDV photo of a young lady. She is identified on the back as, “Sarah Harding”, wife of Jon (or Yon) Harding. Photo was taken by Stearns in Wilkes Barre, PA, ca. mid 1870s. 8

Hargrave, Stanley Petersburg, VA ca. 1901-07 This is a large cabinet card photo of a boy dressed in a long white tunic with large collar and white belt. There is a navy anchor on his undershirt. He is wearing white bloomers and dark tights. Standing on an ornate wicker chair. He is identified on the back as, “Stanley Hargrave.” Photo was taken by the Columbia Photographic Co. in Petersburg, VA, ca. 1901-07. 5

Harold, Barkley unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Harris, Almon, Sheldon & Edwin MA? 1850's? QUARTER PLATE DAG. IN HORIZONTAL FORMAT OF THREE GENTLEMEN IDENTIFIED AS BROTHERS SEATED IN A ROW FACING THE CAMERA. TWO ARE BEARDLESS, THE OLDER SPORTS A SMALL BEARD AND MOUSTACHE. THEY ALL WEAR DARK SUITS AND TIES. THEY ARE IDENTIFIED ON ATTACHED CARD AS ALMON, SHELDON AND EDWIN HARRIS 8

Harris, Capt. James B. PA? 1860's 2ND PA INFANTRY. CAPT JAMES B. HARRIS. Knee up seated view wearing kepi and gloves. 5

Harris, Edith Rich Hill, MO? 1870's? This is a cabinet card photo of a little girl who doesn`t look too happy about having her photo taken. She is identified on the back as, Edith Harris, Neena`s cousin, sister to Leola. Photo was obtained with others from the Stofer family in Rich Hill, MO so I’m guessing it is also from that area. No photographer or location identified. 4

Harris, Ella Providence, RI 1880's? Terrific photographer's ad on reverse from an engraving for P H ROSE in his elegantly appointed studio. Shows building on a Providence street with horse and carriage horses and people walking. It is the Conrad Building. It even states that there is an Elevator! The sttudio is stated to have opened June 1886. Hope to find a relative or descendant of this woman
See my other auctions for more HARRIS family members 7

Harris, Frances P & Alfred Perego, William Jarvis Montclair, New Jersey April 1891 This is a cabinet card photo of a young mother and her two little boys. There is a lot of information about these people written on the back of the photo. The woman is Frances P. Harris (Mrs. John M.), born 1862, died 1932. This boys are Alfred Perego Harris (born 5/14/1888) and William Jarvis Harris (born 2/4/1890). Their ages at the time of the photo are also written on the back. Photo was taken in April 1891 by Thomas in Montclair, New Jersey. 8

Harrit, Almanzie unknown 1870's? This is a CDV photo of a lady wearing a dark, knit bonnet with long ribbon ties. On the table next to her is a CDV album with one clasp. The lady is identified on the back (see scan). 7

Hart, Fannie Ballston Spa, NY ca. 1885-88 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Fannie Hart” of Ballston Spa, NY. Photo was taken by Arnold in Ballston Spa, ca. 1885-88. 8

Hart, Hallie Ballston Spa, NY ca. 1885-90 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Hallie Hart” of Ballston Spa, NY. She is wearing a photo pin cameo. Photo was taken by Arnond in Ballston Spa, ca. 1885-90. 7

Hartwell, P. New York 1870's This is a portrait of a gentleman with a white beard and a dark head of hair (which is
very likely a wig). He is very portly, and is well dressed. He is identified on the back in pencil, as Elder P. Hartwell. 7

Haskell, Catherine Tonawanda, NY ca. 1892-95 This is a cabinet card photo of a baby girl in a long white christening gown. She is identified on the back as, “Catherine Haskell.” Photo was taken by Clench in Tonawanda, NY, ca. 1892-95. 4

Hassell, G. Dover, Maine 1870's? This is a studio portrait of a man identified as Mr. G. Hassell. His distinctive facial hair, a long wiry set of chin whiskers, is his distinguishing feature. He wears a suit coat with vest and tie. 8

Hassell, Harry Shelburne Falls, Mass 1860's & 1870's This is a set of 2 studio portraits, one is a Carte de Visite, the other a tintype. They are both portraits of a young lad identified as Harry Hassell. The tintype was taken when he was a bit younger. 8

Hassell, Mattie Dover, Maine 1870's This is a studio portrait of a woman wearing a large chignon, high lace collar, and a bit of lace at the throat. She wears a long watch chain. She is identified as Mattie Hasssell. 7

Hassell, Mrs. G. Dover, Maine 1870's This is a studio portrait of a very strong looking woman identified as Mrs. G. Hassell. She wears and ornamental hair comb, and a ruffled lace collar, and bit of lace at her throat. 8

Hatfield, Willis unknown 1870's This is a Tintype photo of Uncle Willis Hatfield, picture date is unknown.The picture has some minor scuffs and scratches. This picture is being sold for direct descendents of William Anderson Devil Anse Hatfield. Willis is said to be the son of William Anderson Devil Anse Hatfield 6

Hayes, D. S. Pennsylvania? 1860's? It's always preferable to seek out and own identified images, especially Civil War images. This carte de visite is period ink identified as D. S. Hays, Surgeon in the 110th Regiment of Pennsylvania Volunteers. It carries a canceled revenue stamp Jun 28 1865. The 110th was a 3 year outfit that fought in many campaigns including Gettysburg. 8

Haynes, James LAFAYETTE IND 1890's A PICTURE OF JAMES HAYNES OF MIAMI INDIANA, IN MIAMI COUNTY, AS THE SIGNATURE READS ON THE BACK ON THE FRONT MARGIN IS THE PHOTOGRAPHERS ENNIS AND JOHNSTON, OF LAFAYETTE IND. 7

Hazlett, Mr. G. Niagara Falls, Canada 1886 Cabinet card photograph by F. Barnette of Niagara Falls, Canada or New York (I'm not sure which side the photographer worked on). Studio view showing two individuals posed before a painted backdrop depicting theWhirlpool Rapids just downriver from the actual falls. The printed title below the print reads as follows: The rescue of Mr. G. Hazlett and Miss S. Allen, at the Whirlpool, Canada Side, after their perilous voyage through the Whirlpool Rapids in their barrel, on November 28th, 1886. 4

Headley, Laura PHILADELPHIA, PA 1890's INFORMATION ON THE BACK READS LAURA HEADLEY, OUR 1st NEIGHBORS 1509 POPLAR ST. OURS 1570, A DARLING GIRL, FAMILIES FRIENDS THRU LIFE. THIS PHOTO IS OUT OF THE BLANCH ESTATE 9

Heathcote, Mary unknown 1880s . Circa 1880s young lady decked out in fine gown with elaborate corsage and gloves. Handwritten note on back identifies her as “Mary Gate (or Kate) Heathcote.” 7

Heckman, Giddian & Sarah Kittanning, PA late 1880s This is a cabinet card photo of a man and wife identified on the back as, “Giddian & Sarah Heckman.” Photo was taken by Shadle in Kittanning, PA sometime in the late 1880s 6

Heilman, Calvin York, PA ca. 1888-93 This is a cabinet card photo of a man identified on the back as, “Calvin Heilman”, a reformed minister. Photo was taken by Shadle & Busser in York, PA, ca. 1888-93. 7

Hemenway, S. Northampton, Mass 1860's This is a studio portrait of a gentleman with dark hair and beard, named S. Hemenway. The cheeks are hand tinted. The man has very strong facial features. 7

Hempler, Charlie Kansas City, Mo 1880's Under Hempler, Chalie #1 Photo By Gibson - 1019 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo.
Name on the back is - Alice Sharp (Carey) 6

Henderson, Ogden New Concord, Ohio 1868 Ambrotype, featuring the Images of two Young men, Who apparently are middle classmen at Muskingum College in New Concord Ohio, Period ID in ink, in case behind Image, Id reads in script as follows:
Henry A.Beerinan ?( Hard to decipher) & Ogden Henderson, Ms.Coll,Class of 68 May 31th Only 4 more weeks before we are juniorsImage is housed in a full wood case, some chipping /wear on exterior, full matt and preserver ,glass, spine split on case however repaired with tape, subjects in image are clear and strong,although has some haloing effect around periphials, bearded man appears(I cannot tell for sure) to be missing lower part of right arm, however may just be subjects positiong of limb. Subjects may be Civil War veterans, But I have done no research on them, I will leave that to the buyer. This is a very interesting School/Higher Education related item, Muskingum College in New Concord, is Located Between, Cambridge, and Zanesville,on old RT40 in SE.Ohio, and is one of the older institutes in Ohio 4

Hendrix, Winnie unknown early 1900's This is a studio portrait of 2 friends named Icie May Blythe and Winnie Hendrix. They are wearing amazingly large hats.
Their names and the word Friends, had been written in pencil, but have faded almost into illegibility. Someone has written their names in ink at a later date to preserve them.

Henry, David Paris, IL ca. 1878-83 This is a CDV photo of an older man with a goatee. He is identified on the back as, “David Henry.” Photo was taken by Young in Paris, IL, ca. 1878-83 5

Herin, Celestin France? 1864 CDV identified as Celestin Herin and dated 1864.On back is info about this gentleman written in French. See images 4

Herlacher, Sarah Orwig Lock Haven, PA ca. 1874-79 This is a CDV photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Sarah Orwig Herlacher.” Photo was taken by Parsons in Lock Haven, PA, ca. 1874-79. 8

Herring, Annie unknown 1860's This is a studio portrait of a little girl with long blond curls. Her name is Annie Herring.
This is one of a group of photographs from an album containing images of members of the Cromwell, Childe and Germain families, living in and around Flatbush, now part of Brooklyn, New York. I believe the album originally belonged to Carrie Germain Childe. 8

Herstein, J. Nashville, Tennessee 1860's From the Herb Peck, Jr. collection, this is a CDV size tintype ca. late 1860s showing a photographer in his studio with his camera. On the back of the paper mat is the following imprint: From The Nashville Gem Gallery, 25 Public Square, Nashville, Tennessee. The owner/operator is one J. Herstein. Quite likely, it is Herstein himself in this image. The paper mat is damages as can be seen from the scans. I believe the camera is some type of wet plate bellows camera that would date to the 1860s 4

Hetherington, Anna Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

Heuer, Herman W., Jr St. Louis, Missouri ca. 1893-94 This is a cabinet card photo of a little boy wearing a white dress with puff sleeves. He is identified on the back as, “Herman W. Heuer, Jr.” Photo was taken by S. Roth in St. Louis, Missouri, ca. 1893-94. 7

Hiatt, Carl and Grace unknown 1890's This is a studio portrait of 2 couples, Carl and Grace Hiatt with friends. They are dressed formally and elaborately. This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was
Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri. 6

Hiatt, Ed unknown 1870's This is a studio portrait of a young man named Ed Hiatt, identified in the album as Uncle Ed. He seems to have very large hands. This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 6

Hiatt, Grace Earle Unknown 1893 Under Hiatt, Grace Earle. This is a studio portrait of 2 women, Grace Earle Hiatt and Minnie Reeves, taken in Springfield, Missouri, in 1893. Grace Hiatt is identified in the album as Mother and Minnie Reeves, as Aunt Minnie. The 2 women are expensively and elaborately dressed in the height of 1890's fashion.
This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 5

Hiatt, Lena Unknown 1894 Under Hiatt, Lena. This is a studio portrait of 2 couples. Their names are, Lena Hiatt, Norman Graves, Marnie McNaughton, and Ed Hiatt. This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 4

Hibbard, Llewellyn Eugene Portland, OR Nov 21, 1889 This cabinet photo is signed on the back by L. E. Hibbard (Llewellyn Eugene) in Portland, OR Nov 21, 1889. Llewellyn was born 1863 and died 1944 7

Hickam, Albert H. Los Angeles, California 1890's The child is identified on the front of the cards as Albert H. Hickam. The photographer was Sunbeam Art Gallery of Los Angeles, California. 5

Hickman, Silas Kendallville, Indiana ca. 1889-92 This is a cabinet card photo of a little boy wearing a striped dress and cloth booties. He is identified on the back as, “Silas Hickman”. Photo was taken by Crofoot in Kendallville, Indiana, ca. 1889-92. 6

Hicks, George B. Nashville, TN 1860's Signed CDV of Enlisted Captain George B. HICKS of the 79th Infantry Regiment, Company I Ohio vol., Musterd in 1862. 4

Higgins, Eda May Philadelphia 1870's This Victorian era CDV shows an attarctive young woman wearing a dress with lace trim. Her hair is curled in front and sides. Photo by Mahan & Keller, Philadelphia, but written, faintly, on rear is Here are my directions - 304 Cooper St., Camden, N J - Eda May Higgins. 4

Hightower, E.L. Paris, Texas 1900? A nice portrait cabinet card, imprint of S. Lynn Paris Texas. Name on back is E.L. Hightower. In origional as found condition, mat dirty and stain to mat lower left 1

Hilbush, Josie & Rufus PA? ca. 1895 is a cabinet card photo of two babies in white christening dresses seated in a rocking chair. They are identified on the back as, “Josie and Rufus Hilbush”, age 6 months. Photo was taken by the United States Photo Company, ca. 1895. No location identified however I obtained this picture with some other photos of the Hilbush family from Shamokin and Mahoney, PA so I assume it is from that area. 4

Hill, Ada Wolcott, NY ca. 1878-82 This is a CDV photo of a little girl wearing a ruffled dress. She is identified on the front as, “Ada Hill.” Photo was taken by David Foote in Wolcott, NY, ca. 1878-82. 5

Hill, Zeb unknown August 10, 1946 This is a snapshot of a young lady flanked by an Army sergeant on the right, and a
private on the left, probably recently returned home from the war.
The Sergeant has an arm around the girl's waist, while the private has his arm
across the Sergeant's shoulders.

She has written on the back, Aug. 10, 1946 / Zeb Hill / Me / H.G. Carter.

Hills, Walter Ohio? 1860's Walter Hill aged 24 years is ehat is written inside the case. There were two Walter Hills in the union cavalry: one from the 2nd NY veteran Cavalry and this soldier of the 12th Ohio cavalry. Very nice and very clear image of this id'd trooper in regulation shell jacket and kepi holding his cavalry sword and scabbard. Comes in a sixth plate union and constitution thermoplastic case. 8

Hinckley, Lt. Asa NY? 1860's NEW YORK ZOUAVE. Full standing with Sword, Sash, Kepi, etc is Lieut. Asa Hinckley, 162nd Vols and so written in ink on reverse. The Unit was D’epineuil’s Zouaves. 1

Hiner, B. H. Franklin, West Virginia 1860's? This is a great image of an identified black man from West Virginia Also reads Miss Erin Dyer, Inn Town, Crayon 6

Hinschlom, Bernie Sedalia, MO 1880 This is a stduio portrait of a cute young boy dressed in a tailored jacket and skirt, with
leggings and high button boots. His suit has a lace collar.
On back is written in ink, Bernie Hinschlom [?] Age 4 1/2, 1880. 7

Hird, Mary UK? 1860 This is an ambrotype showing a thirteen year old girl named Mary Hird. It was taken in 1860. These details are in pencil on the back. The frame appears much newer than the ambrotype and was probably reframed at a later date. 6

Hite, Francis Harper's Ferry 1888 8 years old 6

Hoelter, H. Allegheny, Pa 1860's This is a studio portrait of a young gentleman with thinning hair, but a lush, thick moustache and beard. He wears a pair of nearly invisible wire rimmed glasses. His suit jacket is buttoned to the top button over a vest and tie.
He has written on the back, Yours Truly,, and signed the card, H. Hoelter. 8

Hoffman, Cardine A. unknown 1860's stunning young woman from the 1860's. On the inside of the case, attached to the red velvet lining is a note written in period pencil. Cardine A. Hoffman, Died aged 23, 1863 4

Holden, Frank Providence, RI 1860's Civil War era carte de visites (calling card photo) of a man in uniform, with sergeant stripes, identified as Frank Holden as written on the album page. He is holding a sword. The backstamp is S.B. Brown 101 Westminster St., Providence RI. This came out of the same album as the other Civil War images I have listed. I can include the album page with the man's name if you want it or just send the photo. 8

Holley, Albert unkown 1860's This is a studio portrait of a very cute little boy, identified as Albert Holley, dressed in a fancy gown with light colored trim and a lace collar. 7

Holliday, Joseph Edward Bunceton, MO early 1900's On the back is written,
To Mr. & Mrs. Chas. Holliday-1912. It is written on paper on the back of the cabinet card. The paper used to be part of a folder that enclosed the photo. It does not say where it was photographed.
The second one is of a little boy. It was photographed by Peters in Bunceton, MO. On the back is written,Joseph Edward Holliday to Mr. Chas Holliday. 5

Hollingshead, Charlotte Philadelphia 1860's This woman in this cdv is identified on the back as Charlotte Hollingshead. It looks like she is possible wearing a hoop skirt, due to the fullness of the fabric. The back identifies the photographer as F. Gutekunst Photographer 704 & 706 Arch St. Philada 2

Holmes, Harley Trudsdel NY 1891 I am offering this photo of identified little boy in his dress with his little dog and boot beside him, he has high top shoe's on. The back identifies him as Harley Trudsdel Holmes about 1891. The photograper is Fred F. Crum Art Photgraphy cor Main & Jacob sts. Penn Yan N.Y. 2

Holmes, Helen Saratoga, NY 1887 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady identified on the back as, “Helen Holmes,” Class of 1887. Photo was taken by E.A. Record in Saratoga, NY, ca. 1887. 9

Holton, Belle Westfield, Mass 1897 is a CDV photo of a young lady with a large velvet bow in her hair. She is identified on the back as, “Miss Belle Holton.” Photo was taken in 1879 by M.O.T. Coleman in Westfield, Mass 8

Hoover, Blair Huntingdon, Pa 1890's This is a studio portrait of a young lad named Blair Hoover, who is 16 years old. He is a handsome youth wearing a suit with vest and a tie with a large knot and a dotted pattern 6

Hoover, Mateel unknown 1890's This is a photograph of a proud mother holding up her baby, Mateel Hoover, who is 3 1/2 months old. The baby is wearing a long white gown and a bonnet, and wrapped in a blanket. 6

Hopkins, Ruth ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Housen, David N. Tory, NY 1865 This is a CDV photo of a baby boy wearing a white dress with embroidered trim. He is identified on the back as, “David N. Van Housen.” Photo was taken by Pine & Bell in Tory, NY, ca. 1865. 2

Howe, Charles Shedd Chicago, IL ca. 1894-97 This is a cabinet card photo of a very happy little baby boy. He is identified on the back as, “Charles Shedd Howe.” At the time the photo was taken he was 6 months old, weighed 20 lbs., and was 29 inches in length. Photo was taken by Huszagh in Chicago, IL, ca. 1894-97. 8

Hubbard, William New Haven, CT 1860's Great full standing CDV of a Union soldier of the 15th CT Infantry wearing an overcoat. I've checked the 15th CT roster and the only name that comes close to the lettering on the back of the CDV is William Hubbard who was from New Haven. Backmark is I.G. Steiger's Photograph Gallery New Haven CT. 8

Hufman, John C. Reading, PA 1860's There was a Civil War discharge at this estate auction, which probably belonged to this soldier. His name was John C. Hufman or Reading, PA and he enlisted June 6, 1863 and was Honorably Discharged August 12, 1863. He was held in Emergency Reserve with Company B of the 42nd Regiment of the PA Volunteer Infantry under Captain Samuel Warner 6

Hutchinson, Flossie ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8
Hutchinson, Ruth Bluefield, West Virginia ca. 1889-94 This is a cabinet card photo of a little girl wearing a white dress. She is identified on the back as, “Ruth Hutchinson” age 7 months, 17 days. Photo was taken by Atkins in Bluefield, West Virginia, ca. 1889-94. 4

Ingham, Sarah Haverhill, Mass ca. 1892-95 This is a cabinet card photo of a lady with wire rim glasses. She is identified on the back as, “Aunt Sarah Ingham” of Haverhill, Mass. Photo was taken by Miller in Haverhill, ca. 1892-95. 6

Irwin, John Coatesville, PA ca. 1873-77 This is a CDV of a young man. He is identified on the back as, “John Theodore Irwin”, born 1850 and died 1900. Photo was taken by Gibson in Coatesville, PA, ca. 1873-77. 8

Ivarles, Mr. Danville, VA ca. 1892-96 is a cabinet card photo of a young man. He is identified on the back as, “Mr. Ivarles, telegraph operator at Boswell.” Photo was taken by Blunt in Danville, VA, ca. 1892-96. 6

Jackson, Lane Ventura 1966 This is a photograph of a Ventura High School baseball player, named Lane Jackson, who was 15 when this photo was taken in December of 1966. His 16th birthday was coming up in February, of 1957.
Lane is wearing his East Ventura Lions baseball uniform and a glove on his left hand. 6

Jacobs, Adele ROCHESTER, NY 1910? SHE IS IDENTIFIED AS ADELE JACOBS AND THE PHOTO TAKEN IN THE IVAN LUCE STUDIO, ROCHESTER, NY 4

Jacoby, Frank San Diego, CA 1890's This is a studio portrait of a big-eyed young lad named Frank Jacoby. His name, as
well as the name Aunt Aliminia, appear on the back 9

Jansen, Jasper G. Milwaukee, WI 1869 This is a wonderful photograph of a solder in uniform fully identified as a member of the Milwaukee Light Guard, Milwaukee, Wis. At the bottom of the photo written in pencil script is the following: Taken Mar 10th, 1869, Age 23 years 7 months 7 days. Yours Respectfully, Jas. G. Jansen, Member of the Milwaukee Light Guard, Milwaukee, Wis. On the back written in pen is James Gabriel Jansen, taken March 10, 1869, Married Margaretta Allis, Oct. 27, 1869. He is posed in uniform holding his hat and gloves. I believe he has a rank of sergeant. 8

Jaylor, Willmer Cambridge, Ohio 1910 This is a real photo postcard of two young ladies and a young man. They are identified on the back as, “Erville Baird, Willmer Jaylor and sister.” Photo was taken by C.E. Valentine in Cambridge, Ohio, ca. 1910. Not sent through the mail. 8

Jenkins, George Melbourne, Australia 1860's This is an original carte de visite CDV photograph showing a vignetted portrait of a ship's captain. This captain is identified on the back in ink as Capt. G.Jenkins, Ship: Lady Jocelyn. I can find records of George Jenkins being the Captain of the Lady Jocelyn in 1873 on a trip to New Zealand.
Photographer: A.McDonald, St George's Hall, Bourke St East, Melbourne, Australia.
Date: Not dated, Archibald McDonald was active in Bourke Street East from 1855 to 1873 8

Johns, Cornelia & Sanford Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C.
Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C.
Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Johnson, Paul Nashville, TN ca. 1889-91 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man identified on the back as, “Paul Johnson.” He is wearing a fraternity pin on his vest lapel. Photo was taken by Mahon & Taylor in Nashville, TN, ca. 1889-91. The photo studio was close to Vanderbilt University, which is most likely where this young man attended college. Photo was found with some others from the Johnson family of Franklin, Kentucky. Most likely a relative. 8

Jone, Ella Sheridan, Ind 1890's Group of photos under Carson, Hattie Slates#1 Photo By E.E. George - Concord Block, Minneapolis, Kansas

Jones, Clara G. Waterville, Maine 1894 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady. She is identified on the back as, “Clara G. Jones.” Clara was a student at Colby College in Waterville, Maine, class of 1894. Photo was taken by Preble in Waterville, Maine, ca. 1894. 8

Jones, Frank Unknown 1890's REMARKABLY EVOCATIVE AND VISUALLY STRIKING MOMENTO OF BUFFALO BILL'S WILD WEST AND CONGRESS OF ROUGH RIDERS OF THE WORLD IS THIS FABULOUS ORIGINAL 19TH CENTURY CABINET PHOTOGRAPH OF ONE COWBOY PERFORMER; THE DEPICTED FRANK JONES, WEARS TYPICAL PERIOD COWBOY GARB AND HOLDS THE ROPE OF HIS TRADE. THIS IS ONE OF SEVERAL ITEMS I AM RELINQUISHING IN TANDEM WITH A MASSIVE ON-GOING HOME REMODEL....SEE MY LISTINGS FOR OTHERS. FRANK JONES WAS BORN IN DOWNINGTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA IN 1860; 3

Jones, Rev. Sam P. New York 1880's none 7

Jones, W.L. Waterville, Maine ca. 1893-94 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man with a thick mustache. He is identified on the back as, “W.L. Jones,” a student at Colby College, class of 1894. Photo was taken by S.L. Preble in Waterville, Maine, ca. 1893-94. 8

Joyner, Etta Colebrook, NH ca. 1891-95 This is a cabinet card photo of a young lady seated casually in a chair. Behind her is a folding screen with flowers painted on the panels. She is identified on the back as, “Etta Joyner.” Photo was taken by Annis in Colebrook, NH, ca. 1891-95. 6

Justin, Sam none 1890's? According to the inscription in pencil on the back, the man's name is Sam Justin 7

Kalb, Helen ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Kargile, Mary Portland, Oregon ca. 1912-18 This is a real photo postcard of a woman and two children. They are identified on the back as, Mary Kargile, Esther Pfaff and Ruth. Photo was taken by Hofsteater in Portland, Oregon, ca. 1912-18. 5

Kearney, Herbert & Arthur Ironwood, MI 1886 to 1895 This lot contains 4 cabinet card photos of members of the Kearney family of Michigan. One is of Mrs. Herbert Kearney (taken in Detroit). Another is of Herbert Kearney (location unknown). There a photo of Arthur Kearney (taken in Ironwood) and a photo of an older lady (probably the mother of Herbert and Arthur), identified as “Mrs. E.J. Kearney.” No location on the mother’s photo. Photos range in date from 1886 up to 1895 8

Keeler, Evelyn Glady Canton NY 1890's Studio is Runions Canton NY
Unusual Photo of Baby with (probably) Mom Back says Evelyn Glady Keeler aged five months 5

Keene, Jennie Scranton, PA late 1880s This is a CDV photo of a woman wearing a black dress. She is identified as, “Jennie Keene.” This name was written on the album page where the photo was found. Photo was taken by DeWitt in Scranton, PA, ca. late 1880s 7

Keiser, Florence & Louise, Minnie Norfolk, VA 1910 to 1924 This lot contains 7 real photo postcards of Florence Keiser and her family. The earliest photos of Florence are from Flint, Michigan and the later photos are from Norfolk, VA. There is also one photo dated ca. 1910 of Florence’s father H.E. Keiser, taken in Flint. Photos range in date from 1910 up to 1924. One shows Louise, Minnie and Florence at their home in Flint, Michigan. I’ve scanned the backs of each of the photos so you can see the identifying information written on the back. 8

Kelly, James Philippine Islands ca. 1900 Nice original cabinet photo (hand-tinted) of standing U.S. Army Officer in uniform holding sword. This is a wonderful pose with beautiful tinting. Photo is maker marked in lower left corner: Slolsenburg Studio - P.I. (Philippine Islands). Photo is identified on back to James Kelly, Auburn, Indiana.
Photo shows some wear and ageing. Please see auction photos for best review.
This beautiful photo was found at an estate sale in South Bend, Indiana.
Great addition to any Spanish-American War collection! 7

Kerryon, Phenix Freddie Providence, R.I. 1870's? very pleasing CDV image in fine condition of this little boy in high button shoes and his dog. Identified on the verso as Phenix Kerryon ( Freddie ) 12 cds June 30~ (19) 13. Photographers mark of Morton~Westminster St.~Providence, R.I. 4

Kewley, Clyde Philadelphia, PA 1877-82 This is a CDV photo of a little boy wearing a dress with buttons down the front and a matching lace jacket. He has long hair done in sausage curls. He is identified on the back as, “Clyde Kewley.” Photo was taken by Fisher in Philadelphia, PA, ca. 1877-82. 3

Kilmer, David Connecticut 1860's The family written records state: An Original Tintype of David Kilmer - mustered into Co G 19th CT regiment of infantry on Aug. 18, 1862. A resident of Cornwall, CT. 7

Kilmer, Philip Indiana? 1870's gem sized tintype of a young boy fastened to a card with the boy's name written on it. 3

King, Norris & Julia Ohio? 1880's This is a studio portrait of a couple named Norris and Julia King. cdv album containing portraits mainly of members of the Curtiss, Mahan and Loomis families of Ravenna, Ohio. According to information gathered from the album, several, if not many of the family members are buried in Youngstown, Ohio. 7

Kingman, Elia A. Spicer Providence, Rhode Island ca. 1890 This lot contains 3 small cabinet card photos of a little girl. She has very short hair and is wearing a flowered hat in two of the photos. She is identified on the back as, “Elia A. Spicer.” Her married name was Mrs. E.A. Kingman. These were found in a small envelope that has the following notation on the front, probably written by Mrs. Kingman, “Pictures were to be taken by my father before long curls were cut (not after).” Photos were taken at the Goodwin’s Studio in Providence, Rhode Island, ca. 1890. 8

Kinney, Theo. H. Waterville, Maine 1894 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man with full mustache. He is identified on the back as, “Theo. H. Kinney”, a student at Colby College in Waterville, Maine, Class of 1894. Photo was taken by Preble in Waterville, Maine, ca. 1894 8

Kinyon, Miles W. & A. B. Stillwater, and Marine, Minnesota 1870's These two images came with a group of images of the Kinyon family of Stillwater, and Marine, Minnesota. Miles W. and A. B. Kinyon are among the names. We feel confident this is a Minnesota Tintype and the men are of the Kinyon family 8

Kirkland, Don Corning, NY ca. 1905-15 This is a mounted studio photo of a young man. He is identified on the back as, “Don Kirkland.” Photo was taken by Hewitt in Corning, NY, ca. 1905-15. 5

Kirsch, Mrs. M. San Francisco 1860's Kirsch, Mrs. M., Walnut Creek, Contra Costa Co., Cal. 5

Knitted, Olive Memphis, MO 1890's The woman's name is Olive Knitted 9

Koch, Henry Reading, PA ca. 1885 This is a CDV photo of boy standing next to a photographer’s chair. He is identified on the back as, “Henry Koch.” Photo was taken by Strunk in Reading, PA, ca. 1885. A bit of light soiling, otherwise good condition 4

Kohn, W. S. unknown ca. 1900 IDENTIFIED ON BACK AS W. S. kohn 7

Kombindt Emil Chicago, IL ca. 1882-86 This is a cabinet card photo of a young man identified on the back as, “Emil Kombindt”. Photo was taken by Gehrig in Chicago, IL, ca. 1882-86. 8

Ladov, Cornelius & Edna Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Livingston, Harry unknown unknown Under Clifford, Mary.Small, 2 by 3, vintage original photograph of three young people, two women and a man dressed in clothes of opposite sex so you have two men and a woman. Identified on verso as Mary Clifford, Harry Livingston and Maude Chapin. 5

Long, Chester H. Mitchell, S.D. 1880-95 All Under Clark, Helen.1 Photo By W.W. Wilt, Linesville, Pa.> Name on the back is -Helen Clark

Lundy, O.B. Ann Arbor, MI 1880's Under Hempler, Chalie #1 Photo By Gibson - 1019 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo.
Name on the back is - Aice Sharp (Carey) 6

Lynch, Bessie Delhi, NY unknown Fantastic old photo showing 2 young ladies holding hands. Great Hats and a HUGE Fan. Take a look and see what you think. The Ladies are identified as Bessie Lynch and Jennie Deans. Photographer Farrington of Delhi, NY. 5

Mandell, H.E. Ohio? 1880's Listed under H E Mandell. THIS IMAGE IS CRYSTAL CLEAR AS YOU CAN COUNT EVERY WRINKLE ON THE OLD VETERANS FACE. GAR LAPEL STUD ON JACKET. H.E. MANDRILL ENLISTED AT THE AGE OF 19 ON 10-11-1861 AND MUSTERED INTO THE 67TH OHIO INFANTRY. 9

Marion Barkley unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Matthews, Dr. W.E. Philadelphia, PA 1890's Group of photos under Carson, Hattie Slates#1 Photo By E.E. George - Concord Block, Minneapolis, Kansas

Maynard, Kate A. Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

McKechine, Addie Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

McNaughton, Marnie Unknown 1894 Under Hiatt, Lena. This is a studio portrait of 2 couples. Their names are, Lena Hiatt, Norman Graves, Marnie McNaughton, and Ed Hiatt. This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 4

Miller, Joseph B. Macon, Georgia 1870's Group of three CDVs that were in an old album and have had their edges trimmed as a result. Thanks to some identification on the back and the archives of Mercer University we were able to find a little information on all subjects. The photograph of the single man 3 3/4 by 2 1/2, taken in Macon, Georgia by Haygood of Joseph B. Miller who has inscribed it Your friend and brother until death. The portrait of three has had the photographer's name trimmed off but was probably taken in Macon. The man standing in the back is Edward W. Butler, Morgan County, Georgia, Senior in 1872. The man seated on the left is the afore mentioned Joseph Miller. The man seated on the right is William T. Denham of Putnam County Georgia who was in the Mercer archives for the year 1870. The last photograph of the five men has also had the photographer's name trimmed. Standing in the back left is Edward Butler, standing right is John C. Weaver of Putnam County. Seated left to right are Joseph Miller, John Atwell of Jefferson County(Senior in 1872) and Joseph Miller. Please see our other auction for more Mercer students, faculty and 19th century Georgians. 8

Mumford, Angelica ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Nora Barkley unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Pearlie, Parker unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Perkins, Anna C. Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

Pfaff, Esther Portland, Oregon ca. 1912-18 This is a real photo postcard of a woman and two children. They are identified on the back as, Mary Kargile, Esther Pfaff and Ruth. Photo was taken by Hofsteater in Portland, Oregon, ca. 1912-18. 5

Pierce, Himan Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Piper, Fanny unknown 1850's This is a pair of ambrotypes featuring three named women. They are Emily Cooper Jnr, Fanny Piper and Emily Cooper. It is 3 1/2 by 3 inches (89x76mm). They are in poor condition 3

Porter, Adelaide ELMIRA, NY 4-Jun-13 Under Ackerson, Leah MEASURES 7 X 9 AND WHAT MAKES IT REALLY SPECIAL IS THAT ALL OF THEIR NAMES ARE ON THE BACK INCLUDING NICKNAMES (SEE 2ND SCAN). IT IS DATED JUNE 4, 1913 8

Quinby, Ella F. Springfield, Massachusetts 1870's Under Hetherington, Anna. Offered are 8 GD-VG condition 1870s Springfield, Massachusetts cdvs. They are very clear; some have been trimmed slightly but no big deal. Ladies are identified as M. Johnson, Emma Chapin, Kate A. Maynard, Anna Hetherington, Addie McKechine, Anna C. Perkins, Mary Blackman and Ella F. Quinby. 3

Reeves, Minnie Unknown 1893 Under Hiatt, Grace Earle. This is a studio portrait of 2 women, Grace Earle Hiatt and Minnie Reeves, taken in Springfield, Missouri, in 1893. Grace Hiatt is identified in the album as Mother and Minnie Reeves, as Aunt Minnie. The 2 women are expensively and elaborately dressed in the height of 1890's fashion.
This photograph is from an album that belonged to Maurine Roberts, of Portland, Oregon. Her maiden name was Hiatt, and the subjects of the photos in the album are mostly from the Hiatt and related families. The album focuses on Maurine Roberts parents, Carl Oren Hiatt and Grace Earle Hiatt, during the 1890's and early 1900's, in Kansas and Missouri 5

Ruby Barkley unknown 1920's This is a snapshot of a family group. The children are barefoot, and the adults are dressed in work clothing. They are posed in front of an unpainted wooden house. 7

Sackett, Mr. NY City 1880-85 Under Elder Sackett,is a cabinet card photo of a man with full beard. He is identified as “Elder Sackett”. Most likely he was an elder in the church. Photo was taken by Lane in New York City, ca. 1880-85. 8

Smith, Blanch Galesburg, Ill 1880-95 All Under Clark, Helen.1 Photo By W.W. Wilt, Linesville, Pa.> Name on the back is -Helen Clark

Whelan, Jackie Tullamore, Ireland 1900 Under Greene, JP. From the 1800's... This image is slightly larger than a CDV and smaller than a cabinet card. In any case, this cute little boy is dressed in a starched white shirt, dark knee pants, stockings and boots. His hair is neatly parted in the middle and combed back. In his hands he is holding either a leather or rope whip. The surface of the image is shiny and there is a bit of foxing and a corner piece missing from the card mount. Photographer stamp on the reverse J.P. Greene of Tullamore, Ireland. Ink writing on the reverse identifies the child as Jackie Whelan. 7

White, Charles Watertown, NY 1860's Under Hart, Chas. CDV, Young boy standing by a chair, he has on a nice uniform style suit. Note his hat or cap he is holding. On the back it says Charles White, Watertown, Jeff Co. cousin Artist is Chas S. Hart, Watertown, NY 5

White, Marilla & Charles Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Young, Cleora Hinesburg, Vermont 1870's? Under Johns, Cornelia. It came from the Eddy Family estate in Hinesburg Hinesburgh Vermont. There are a total of 24 pictures, 6 cdvs and 18 tintypes. Small leather album with clasp measures approximately 3 1/2 x 5. From start to finish the names identified are: Cornelia Johns, Grandpa Ladvo, Grandma Ladvo, Win Douglas, Marilla White, Henry Norton, Elizabeth Burley, C. Ladvo, Matilda Douglas, Sarah Doekey?, Edna, Sanford Johns, Mary Cockle, Cleara Young, C. Ladvo, Himan Pierce, Cornelius Ladvo, Edna Ladvo, Geo. White, Edna, Chas. White + young lady, Willie, Hattie & Mother, Charles Eddy. Just a note...I'm not sure if the family name is Ladvo or Ladov. 6

Re: Large Database List of Old Photos With Geneaolgy Information.

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Janet Preston Parker
I am interested in the photo of William T. Denham you mention
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions