Search for content in message boards

Wild Family- Dormitz, Germany late 1800s

Wild Family- Dormitz, Germany late 1800s

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wild
Hi, i've just come across some more information.

My great grandfather was Ferdinand born 1877 in Dormitz. Ferdinand's wife name was Sarah Wild, just found out Ferdinand's father was Isaac Wild who died in Dormitz. Ferdinand's mother was Amelia Uhlfelder Wild. Ferdidnand's other siblings were Getti (Getty), Max, Philip and Ignatz. Unfortunately seems most died in the holocaust. My grandfather was Josef (Dormitz), and my father is Fernando born in Uruguay. We now reside in the U.S.

Re: Wild Family- Dormitz, Germany late 1800s

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 9:35PM GMT
here I posted some informations:

http://schulz-europe.eu/wild_dormitz.htm
http://schulz-europe.eu

best regards

Reiner

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 10:40PM GMT
Riener,

thank for the links, I actually had been sent the links by my father who has been in contact with Elizabeth Ida Posva. But again thank you so much. Thank you so much also for the work in putting this together.

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Wild
I just saw you post and the pictures and information that Reiner posted as well. I am the granddaughter of Ferdinand and Sarah (the daughter of michael) and I currently live in Israel. I am very interested in the family history and would love to be in touch. you can contact me directly at varda at eshbel dot com.

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 10:37AM GMT
Surnames: wild
Hi,
I just saw your post. I am David Wild grandson of Leo Wild. My great grandfather was Heinrich who was a brother to Philip and Ferdinand. So we are related. My grandfather emigrated to the US in 1929 and got all of his siblings here eventually. So there are a lot of us. Most of us live on long island. Where in the US do you live? Do you a lot of your cousins?
You can contact me at dwild@coloracookie.com

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 10:53AM GMT
I read your post again and when you mention Ferdinand's siblings you didn't mention Heinrich, my great grandfather. I don't know if you know about him or not. He is also a son of Isaac and ahmali.
Below is a link to a tree showing the family. My branch is all the way to the right.

http://www.alemannia-judaica.de/images/Images%20238/Wild_Des...

Dave

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 10:13PM GMT
At the time I wrote that I wasn't aware. But I try and stay up to date with information that my cousin Elizabeth Ida Posva gets. She is really doing great things putting pieces together of our family. Well my father passed away this past January. My brother lives in the Tampa, Fl area. I currently live in Texas but I am moving back to Florida in a couple of weeks. I am more familiar with some cousins that live in South American and Israel. I know there is family around the UK as well ( my father mentioned a cousin he had there) I did meet Margret and Max who lived up in NY. Do you have a Facebook page or an email where we can stay in touch? I know Elizabeth would also like to get in touch.

Fernando

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 10:41PM GMT
I know Max and Margot. Haven't spoken to them for a long time. Where does Elizabeth live? Can I see the family chart you have been working on? Also, I would love to hear about the family in Israel. My father mentioned someone in England too, but I don't know anything about them. My father is going to Florida this winter and maybe could meet up with that part of the family. We went together to see the opening of the Museum in Cronheim about the three religions. He could tell you more about that. Does anyone still have the last name Wild?

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 11:17PM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2011 12:35AM GMT
Elizabeth lives in Brazil. She actually as everything listed on her Facebook site. She is actually going to send update charts. I don't have an updated tree yet. Elizabeth can give you the information that she has gotten about the Wild family. She has pictures and copies of documents that she has found on the family. She's been really active with our genealogy. I know she also has done research on other relatives connected to the Wild family through marriage such as Amalie Uhlfelder. Well my brother and I are Wild. Have half cousins who are also Wild ( in Uruguay) and also Argentina.

my Facebook page This is the easiest way to stay in touch.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=29629004

I'd like to meet up with your father and I'm sure my brother would as well. Do you know where in Florida he will be?

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wild, Uhlfelder
Lostrunt recently mentioned that his sister did research on the family of Amelia Uhlfelder. She married Issac Wild per lostrunt I have an Amelia in my files but have not yet connected her to parents. My Uhlfelders also come from Dormitz, Germany......and they have scattered over the world to freindly countries.

If you can tell me more or if LostRunt could contgact me....it would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions