Search for content in message boards

HENDERSON x PARTIN - 1700 NC> 1800 TN> 1840s KY> 1860s IN>

HENDERSON x PARTIN - 1700 NC> 1800 TN> 1840s KY> 1860s IN>

Kitty@landscpelady.com (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2005 1:43AM GMT
WOULD YOU PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND SEE IF YOU HAVE RUN ACROSS ANY OF THESE NAMES RELATED TO MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY LINES.

Delilah Henderson, (no date or other info.) daughter of Edward
Henderson, Edward born 1780 in NC & Rebecca Unknown, born about 1786 in NC.
Delilah was the sister of William J. Henderson born 1809 in TN who married
Louisa Partin, born about 1818 in TN. William & Louisa had a daughter named
Delilah or Delia born about 1837.

I am searching for a list of all the children of Edward and Rebecca Partin. Is the father of Edward Henderson known? Who were the parents of Louisa Partin? I think these two families might be my Henderson and Partin family as well. Perhaps not also...I am not trying to grasp at straws. It is just that all the names shown below were duplicated between my ggg grandparents DELILAH HENDERSON and JAMES PARTIN...both born in TENN. I always had the "feeling" that both their parents may have come from North Carolina. I have never found out for certain. _________________________

Subject: My great great great grandparents DELILAH HENDERSON and JAMES W. PARTIN both born 1810 & 1820 in Tennessee

The following are the offspring , dates of birth and their known spouses:

I find my great great great grandparents first in HARDIN KY in 1837.
They had their first born daughter named SARAH J. PARTON/PARTON born
1837 in HARDIN, KY and she married ZACHARIAH RAY on 5 MAY 1867 in
PULASKI CO., KY.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Second daughter: ELIZABETH "J" (Jane?) HENDERSON who was born in
1838 and she married JOHN W. LONG on 18 JUNE 1856. They had a
daughter named SARAH JANE LONG born 10 MAR 1857. couple.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

JAMES RILEY PARTIN (now I have seen that RILEY name and it is not
frequent in all surnames or in many of them for that fact...so I search for an earlier "RILEY" PARTIN who could have been father to my James or a RILEY HENDERSON...Since this James is the first born son to my ggg grandfather I was thinking that RILEY was his dads name and he gave his own first name to his son...JAMES...are there any JAMES or RILEY PARTINS in Tennessee or the Carolinas?

++++++++++++++++++++++++

MARSHALL was born in 1844/45 in HARDIN KY, could it have been a surname? given as a middle name?

++++++++++++++++++++++++

JOHN "A" (alfred or Arthur) born in 1846/47 in HART COUNTY KENTUCKY...my ggggrandparents had moved to HART from HARDIN sometime in 1845/1846.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

JOSEPH "A" PARTIN born 1846/47 (may have been a twin to John A.) married ELIZABETH ANN MEECE on 16 MAR 1876.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

PERMELIA PARTIN was born in 1849 in PULASKI COUNTY, KENTUCKY and
married WILLIAM HENRY MEECE

++++++++++++++++++++++++

CHARLES MARION PARTIN was born 11 APR 1851 and married a ELIZABETH HUDSON on 21 AUG 1879 and he died 15 JAN 1939 and is buried at Decatur, Illinois at the CHANDLER CEMETERY.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

MATTHEW FLOYD PARTIN this man is my great great grandfather. HE WAS NAMED AFTER ONE OF TWO MEN I THINK...THERE IS A MATTHEW FLOYD WHO WAS A BAPTIST PREACHER AT INDIAN CREEK BAPTIST WHERE ALOT OF MY FAMILIES WERE ATTENDING OR THEY WERE PREACHERS THERE IN THAT TIME FRAME.
THERE IS ALSO A MATTHEW FLOYD PARTIN AS WELL I HEARD AND STILL NEED
TO RESEARCH AS I BELIEVE THAT THE TWO NAME COMBOS ODD IF NOT FROM
THE SAME FAMILY.....Matthew Floyd Partin.

MATTHEW FLOYD PARTIN married CELIA BALZER LAY, the daughter of a
HENRY LAY and ELIZABETH TRIMBLE (Darter/Tarter/Trimble/Lay) MATTHEW FLOYD was born 16 JULY 1854 in PULASKI COUNTY, KY. He married on 13 FEB 1873 and he died 20 OCTOBER 1938

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NAPOLEAN B. PARTON (now I have never!! been able to find that given name in the HENDERSONs or the PARTINs... NAPOLEAN married MARY S. GAINES.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

MARY MARTHA PARTIN born 27 FEB 1859 married WILLIAM E. MCLIN died in
childbirth on OCTOBER 9, 1888.

++++++++++++++++++++++

My cousin Tammy shared the following: "Family lore says JAMES PARTIN had money. He came to INDIANA first from KY and the others followed soon thereafter. My mother thinks he paid for my
gggrandfather's funeral. This is highly possible as my great grandfather (LEWIS GREEN was his name) is not buried next to my grandmother and my grandmother had no money and lived with various children when she was older.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Seeking information regarding the couple below.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Everton Publication= Delilah Henderson was born as a Child to
Joseph Henderson B. 1770 Virginia and Jane McGee B.1770 in Ireland ,
other children were William, Robert b. 1795, Polly, DELILAH, Jane,
Elizabeth, John, Joseph b. 1808, Sarah, Nelson and Samuel.

ANY HELP, INFORMATION OR LEADS AS TO HOW I MAY ASCERTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

GOOD DAY

Re: HENDERSON x PARTIN - 1700 NC> 1800 TN> 1840s KY> 1860s IN> CAN U HELP?

Posted: 4 Jul 2002 7:27PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2002 5:51PM GMT
hi kitty
my henderson line is also from edward and rebecca eades henderson edward born abt 1780 north carolina or va and i havethere childern as christopher christian henderson born 1801 in nc or tn he married millie e parton
then john henderson born 1802 in nc
william j henderson born 1809 intn died aft 1889
sarah henderson born 1811 ky married jessie turner
susannah henderson born 1815 married burl smith
delia henderson born 1810
charles henderson born 1820 knox ky married martha jane bull
dicey henderson born 1822 bell county ky married bayless randall
nancy henderson born 1824 bell county ky married david turner
riley henderson born 1826 clayborne county tn
allen henderson born 1829 tn
james henderson born 1830 ky
catherine henderson born1832 tn
christine henderson born 1832 tn
my direct line is from christopher c henderson born 1801 ky his son james r henderson born 1851 in tn is my great grandfather ava myrtle henderson ingram is my grandmother i have more on the henderson lines if you would like now i thought that it was you who had sent me a picture of john wesley henderson and lucinda payne and two childern back about 2000 my computer messed up and i never did get the picture i just got half of it so if it was you could you please re scan it to me thank you ann

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 2:45AM GMT
Hi....

I, too, am descended from Christopher Christian Henderson and Emelia Emeline Parton Henderson. They are my ggg Grandparents. My gg Grandmother is Sarah Rebecca Henderson Smith. Her husband was Daniel Meredith Smith. I was wondering if maybe you knew someone that might have photos of Daniel and Rebecca... I found photos of Christopher and Millie online, here at ancestry.com. I tried to attach them with this message. I hope you can see them.

I would really appreciate any help I can get!!! Thank you for your time!
Tony R Chesser,
GG Grandson of Daniel Meredith Smith and Sarah Rebecca Henderson Smith

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 2:25AM GMT
I have seen information on Ancestry that connects Emelia Emeline 'Millie' Parton to Barnabas and Margaret Hux Partin, but that connection DOES NOT exist. Millie Parton connects to the Parton line living in Knox / Whitley Co., KY and to Claiborne Co., TN. Barnabas Partin never lived in those areas. He and Margaret are my 4G grandparents and they had a daughter named Mollie that died prior to 1820, but they never had a daughter nicknamed 'Millie'. Barnabas and Margaret migrated from the Camden, SC area to Wilkinson County, Mississippi in January 1809, and never set foot in Kentucky or Tennessee.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions