Search for content in message boards

Gregg (Mc Greggor)

Gregg (Mc Greggor)

Steven Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2001 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know of any Gregg's that were McGreggors in Scottland and were banished to Ireland?

Re: Gregg (Mc Greggor)

Douglas Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2001 4:39AM GMT
William Gregg, Jr (Quaker) landed in Upland Chester PA on the ship Caledonia after Oct 1682. The ship shown above is stated in the book "History of Clan Gregor", Compiled 1898 by William Brown, Eidenburgh Scotland. In my family information I show William Gregg Jr (Quaker) b 1642 in Glenarm Barony Coast Antrim Co., Scotland. died 1 Jul 1687 Strand Millas, Brandywine creak Centerville DE. mar. in Ardmore Waterford Co., Ireland wife 's name unknown.William had three children John Gregg (Quaker) b 1668 Adrmore, Waterford Co., Ireland, Ann Gregg, George Gregg, Richard Gregg. William's father is William Gregg, Sr b 1616 Glenarm Barony Coast of Antrim Co., Scotland d 1672 S.W. Shore, Ardmore, Waterford Co., Ireland. his father was John Mac Gregor b 1576 in Gleanarm Barony on Coast Antrim Co., Scotland. John Mac Gregor b 1576 at the age of 42 in 1618 brought his father John or could be James Mac Gregor b 1546 and his family to Ireland and changed the name to GREGG. I show a Patrick Mac Gregor b 1410 in Stronmelochane, Glenstrae, Scotland d 1461 in the same place. Then his son Black John Mac Gregor b 1440 went to Glenarm Barony Coast of Antrim Co., Scotland.I have a map of Ireland 1550-1653 it showes Antrim as a Scotish Settement here the name chaned from Mac Gregor to Gregg. Remember none of the information is set in stone.Have you seen Triadic Origin of the Gregg Family by Howard T. Dimick. Look at the Family tree maker cd rom, Family History, PA Genealogies #1 pre 1600s to 1900, Family Archive CD #163. Good luck

jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: greggs
I belive that my birth Grandparents were from that line,however,I haven't confirm that as of yet.Can you tell me where your line lives or came from(like Iowa,ect.).I know that there is a book called "The Quaker Greggs",which list all of the Mcgreggor Clans from Ireland.I haven't been able to locate this book yet,but am still looking for it.If you find one please let me know.I hear that all of my family came from that line.I am in search of any relatives that might help and locate information that will help me to finish my history tree.
I wish you all the best...Jennifer

Gregg (Mc Greggor), Ardmore, Artemore, Par. Killead, co. Antrim, N. Ire

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Gregg, Greg, Elder
Were the Gregg family of / from the townland of Ardmore (Artemore), Parish of Killead, co. Antrim, N. Ireland,
not in co. Waterford ?
Attachments:

Re: Gregg (Mc Greggor), Ardmore, Artemore, Par. Killead, co. Antrim, N. Ire

Posted: 2 Apr 2008 11:21AM GMT
Surnames: GREGG
The Gregg's (McGreggor) in my line were from Ardmore, Artemore, Antrim, Ireland.
I have a great deal of information on them if I can be of help.

Posted: 9 May 2008 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Gregg
My mother's paternal lineage MIGHT be descended from MacGregors of Scotland. The furthest back my mother has traced her history is to Gerard Gregg (b. abt 1774 in Co. Fermanagh or Monaghan, Ireland).

She didn't think much of the theory that some Gregg families were MacGregor's of Scotland. She cannot find the parentage of Gerard Gregg, but there is a MacGregor who would match his father, except he's a MacGregor instead of a Gregg. So, my mother might be descended from MacGregors, but do not have any proof for the time.

Posted: 11 May 2008 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: jeannette gregg from mo.
are you related to any gregg's in independence mo. like carl gregg if so im his youngest daughter jeannette gregg please if so write me little_red_dragon74@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 Mar 2009 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Gregg/Chilcote
My gggrandmother was Nancy Ann Gregg. I would like to have any information you have regarding the family line.

Posted: 22 Mar 2009 10:33PM GMT
I would be happy to share information on the family with you. Please contact me at ladytxlove@yahoo.com with more information on your Nancy Gregg. I have probably 40 of them.
Jan

Posted: 22 Mar 2009 10:33PM GMT
I would be happy to share information on the family with you. Please contact me at ladytxlove@yahoo.com with more information on your Nancy Gregg. I have probably 40 of them.
Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions