Search for content in message boards

JOHN ANTHONY

JOHN ANTHONY

Kenneth Joseph (Bagg) (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 11:26AM GMT
Greetings to the Clan of Anthony. I would like for someone in your clan, that can assist me in starting my lineage to John Anthony (bd 1607, Hempsted, Hempsted, England, dd 28 Jan 1675, RI). He married Susanna Potter (bd 1623, dd 1675, RI). Their daughter Susanna Anthony (bd 1644, dd 1719's)married John Tripp (bd 1640, md 7 Sep 1665, and dd 20 Nov 1719). Any information from your clan's family concerning the above will be greatly appreciated. With respect to your clan and cousins. Hear from you soon. Ken

anthony

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:19PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2003 12:42AM GMT
Ken: The dates on my grt aunt's ancestral registry are very hard to read. But here is what I have picking up where you left off.
John Anthony m. Susannah Potter and had Isabel Anthony, who m. robert potter. They had John (potter from here on)who m. ruth fisher. They had John who m. Jane Burlingame. They had Fisher who m. Mary Winsor. They had winsor, who m. damaris burlingame.They had Pardon who m. rhoda carver. They had George Carver Potter who m. Harriet Richardson. They had Albert Pardon Potter who m.Sarah Louise Hobby. They had Walter Hobby Potter, my grandfather. I have a huge fan chart with lots of names and dates. The names are pretty easy to read. What info do you have?I'd like to know something about their lives. Thanks. Ellen

John Anthony

Ken (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 5:32PM GMT
My Dear Ellen and cousin. Thank you very much for your input. By any chance. Do you have any dates on; birth's, marriage's, death's? Any tibit of historical data, or direction to reference sources. Ellen, you have given me a better impression on your Anthony Clan, than the person before you. Could you possibley communicate directly to me in my email address. Would you like to be my point of contact for the Anthony Clan? Do you have a picture or drawing of your Family Crest or Coat of Arms? I have to go now. Take care now. Hear from you soon. Ken

anthony's

julie pfeiffer sigwart (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 10:13PM GMT
Ellen,
I don't know what info you already have on John Anthony and his wife Susanna Potter. What I have is they had a son named Abraham Anthony who married Alice Wodell. Abraham and Alice had a son named William Anthony. I don't have William's wife's name, but he had a son named David Anthony. David married Judith Hicks. They are Quaker, have you tried looking in the Quaker records for Rhode Island for further info?

John Anthony

Ken (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 4:52PM GMT
Hi Julie, thanks for your input. Question. Is there anyone from this clan related or linked to John Anthony? Ken

john anthony

julie pfeiffer sigwart (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 10:38AM GMT
Hi Ken,
I do have a John Anthony: son of William Anthony and Mary Coggeshall, no b. or d. dates; John Anthony, also son of the above, marrried to Lydia Luther and John Anthony: son of Jacob Anthony and Hope Durfee. Jacob is the brother of William and son of William and Mary. William Anthony's parents are Abraham Anthony and Alice Wodell (Wadell) and his grand parents are John Anthony (DR.) and Susanna Potter.

Closer to what I'm looking for I have Humphrey Anthony, married to Hannah Lapham, who had Daniel, Susanah, Hannah, John, Abigail and Humphrey Jr. Daniel Anthony married Lucy Read, they are Susan B's parents. If my research is correct Humphrey Anthony is the son of David Anthony married to Judith Hicks, grandson of William Anthony married to Mary Coggeshall. So far I cannot find David Anthony as a son to William Anthony and Mary Coggeshall in more than 1 place.

Do you have anyone by the name William ?M. Anthony in Pittsburgh, PA born March of 1849?? If so do have any other names associated with him?

John and Susanna (Potter) Anthony

Ken (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2000 4:55PM GMT
Hi, cousin. Thanks for the info. My data on the Anthony's is very limited, since I have several major lineages in progress. I was not able to any extensive research on the Anthony's. Since, I am near finished with a couple of lines, I'll focus more on the Anthony's, and Susanna Potter's family lineage. I'll keep you posted. Any word, in regards to the family crest? Hear from you soon. My email address is Neder7ppl@aol.com. Ken

Anthonys

Julie Sigwart (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 10:52PM GMT
Hi Julie, My name is Norm Becker from Somerset Wi and I also am interested in the
Anthony Family Tree. I've read most of your messages and find them very interesting.
Part of your confusion may be the fact that there were 2 William Anthonys. The first, born in 1675, son of Abraham Anthony Alice
Wodell and married to Mary Coggeshall and they had a son William, born in 1709, married to Alice Eddy and they had a son by the name of David who married Judith Hicks.
Click on: http://home.att.net/~jimfina/Anthony.htm
My problem is I need to find out about
the children of both Daniel Read Anthony and
Merritt Jacob Anthony. One of them,
I hope, had a son named Isaac who married a Pamelia Phelps. My grandmothers name was Emma Jane (Anthony) Becker and her fathers name was Daniel Phelps Anthony. If all this sounds confusing it is but that is what we are here for, to straighten things out. I hope this helps. Norm
Email: sowhatsew@hotmail.com

469 208th ave
Somerset WI 54025-7236
Ph 715-247-3476

Re: anthony

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Apr 2002 2:29AM GMT
Hi -I have John and Susannah(Potter) Anthony having a son who is John Anthony who married Alice Wodell. They were Quakers got any datses for me??Info I have is so sketchy. Thankyou so Much. Rit

Re: Isabel Anthony + Robert Potter

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 5:09AM GMT
Surnames: Potter + Anthony
I am having difficulty reconciling dates for Isabel Anthony. I have read about 40 family trees all stating her year of birth as 1612 but her father Joseph being born 5 years before that date and her mother Susannah Potter 6 years LATER? No one has cited primary sources just LDS files. Have you found anything further on this? The only primary source I he is RI records of Robert Potter marrying an "Isabel" no last name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions