Search for content in message boards

Carpenter Children

Carpenter Children

Posted: 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2004 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter, Burt, Rickey

Samuel Carpenter son of Joshua & Sarah Burt Carpenter. Mary Polly Rickey Carpenter dau. of, I believe John Rickey, I'm still searching on this to be sure.

Re: Carpenter Children

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 5:06AM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2004 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter, Burt
I am trying to research my family branch of the Carpenters. I am not sure but I think there is a connection between my great great grandfather Thomas Carpenter and Joshua Carpenter and Sarah Burt. I think they may be Thomas Carpenter's grandparents. Do you have the names of Joshua and Sarah's children? Or names of any of their grandchildren? Please let me know.

Carpenter Children

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2004 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter, Cook, Burt
Thomas Carpenter B: 6 Aug 1793 in Elmira NY, Chemung County D:Sept 1857. Spouse Lucy Cook, was born to Joshua Carpenter and Sarah Burt Married 1771. If this is your Thomas he had 10 siblings.

Diane Mortensen (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: CARPENTER, RICKEY
Did you find the information that you were looking for with regards to Mary Polly Rickey? I have more information if you want it...

Posted: 9 Dec 2002 1:56AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2004 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter, Cook
Can you please tell me the names of Thomas' Carpenter's siblings who was married to Lucy Cook. And do you know if they had any children?

Posted: 6 Dec 2004 7:51PM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2004 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter
I am looking for the children of John Hawthorne Carpenter(born- 1791 NY), son of Joshua Carpenter (born- ca1740) and Sarah Burt (born-1752). I believe John had a son named Basett Cook Carpenter born 1817 who lived in Lenawee County, Michigan.

Lois Waldron (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2004 1:19PM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2004 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter, Cook, Burt
I have Bassett Cook Carpenter as the first son of John Hawthorn and Elizabeth Cook born 21 July 1817 in Chemung County, NY, Pheobe P B: 31 Jan 1820, Eunice H B:3 May 1822, Charlees H B:30 Aug 1825, Daniel Burt B:20 Sep 1827,AAron W B: 4 Feb 1830, Elsie Ann B: 17 June 1832 and Martha Washington B: 29 June 1836. I also know of some decendents of John Hawthorn still living in the area and they still have a Carpenter Reunion in Aug each year at Houghton Lake, Michigan.

Posted: 8 Dec 2004 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2005 2:20PM GMT
Thank you for the information on the children of John Hawthorne Carpenter. My husband is off of the Bassett Cook Carpenter line. His family has a reunion in Eaton County every June. I know that some of them would be very interested in the Carpenter reunion at Houghton Lake. Do you happen to have any sort of a contact for these
Carpenters?

Lois Waldron (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2004 7:51PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2004 9:12PM GMT
You have a cousin Beverly Hawrysz elbev@mail.riverview.net
who went to the Carpenter reunion and decends from a William I believe also a Pat Lumley who lives up by Houghton Lake. She decends from John R. I have her address somewhere. Did you know Seeley, Silas and Samuel were triplets?

Dennis Carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2004 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2004 5:24PM GMT
Thanks for posting. I had the names of John Hawthorn Carpenter's children, but only dates from census. Do you have children for his brother William, who came to Lenawee county about the same time? I am also looking for children of Thomas M. Carpenter, who remained in New York. I decend from their brother Samuel.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions