Search for content in message boards

Salamanca, NY

Salamanca, NY

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2002 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching several names in Salamanca,NY...Lahoski/Lachowski,Kubiak,Kaminski,Budzinski,Pioterek, Sipiorski & Smith(various spellings) I am just looking for anyone doing the same. I have a nice amount of info and am just looking for more. So anyone researching the same please email me. Destynee22@aol.com
Nicole
New Jersey

Re: Salamanca, NY

Posted: 23 Oct 2002 10:50PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2003 2:41AM GMT
What part of the Smith line do you have data on?

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2002 11:00PM GMT
Smith is the one line that i definately lack info. My great grandfathers name was William F. Smith. He's buried in Calvary Cemetery. He had a 2 sisters named Maryanna, and Sophia and 2 brothers, Stephen and Leonard. Their parents were Stephen and Sophia(nee Budzinski). I am not real clear on his siblings descendents. I do know that Maryanna married Frank Shubert and they had several children I believe 12. From what i have gathered Their father Stephen may have worked for the railroad. Maryanna was the oldest and she was born in Salamanca, Then the two youngest my great grandfather and his brother Leonard were both born in Oil City, PA. Then at some point ended up back in Salamanca. Well thats about all i have.
Nicole

Posted: 23 Oct 2002 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2003 2:41AM GMT
My line of Smith's hail from Bermuda. My gggrandfather was a physician in Salamanca around 1870, named Julian Greenhow Smith.

My line of Smith's are buried in Wildwood Cem. I was hoping you might have data on the the Inman's of Salamanca.

Let me know and I would love to correspond.

Edie

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2002 12:14AM GMT
I believe my Smith was originally spelt Szymt or Smzyt and they came from Poland. I have not been totally able to verify that but my great aunt, one of William F. Smith's daughter's is still alive and that is what she told me she remembers hearing.
Nicole

Tracey (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2002 2:49AM GMT
Hi Nicole! I just read this and went nuts! We may be able to help each other because Williams daughter is Mary Smith who married Frank Shubert and had all the children. They resided in Salamanca and are my great grandparents. I have been trying to find info. on William.

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Pioterek
I would like to find any information on Bronislaus Pioterek. He was my greatgrandfather. He came to the United States from Russian Poland in the 1800's. I also have sister in NewYork. Her name is Barbara. If you could give me any information I would appreciate it.

Rose Garn (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2004 1:33PM GMT
Hi, I'm the daughter of carol pioterek (garn) the youngest. I'm also researching the pioterek family. I know that Bronislaus Pioterek is also spelled on a bith certificate Bronislaw Pioterek. I have talked to relatives that have helped me with that much and he was married to Mary Brzushalska. I'm searching for information mostly in the ohio area. I know their childrens name are Albert, Walter, Alice, Mary,and Alexander ("Ollie") Pioterek which the mother died giving birth to.
I find more information all the time.
You can e-mail me at rosec@chartermi.net
Rose Garn

Posted: 10 Sep 2004 6:17PM GMT
Hi I have found a 1910 census they show a Bronislaus Pioterek living in Lucas, Ohio age 34 at that time.

another Census in 1920 shows a Bronislaw living in Lucas, Ohio. I'm not sure yet if this is the same person just yet but they both show living in lucas, ohio. My mother also has a sister named barbra living in New york and a sister that is living in Canada named Marlene and a sister living in Ohio named debbie. I hope this information helps and if you can help me that will be great. I'm trying to find out more on this person he is my great grandfather also. He was the father of Albert Pioterek.
Thank you, Rose Garn

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 10:51AM GMT
what information are you looking for under the name of budzinski, and why?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions