Search for content in message boards

My Simpson Family

My Simpson Family

Posted: 14 Nov 2001 11:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simpson,Boyd,Woodward
I have recently discovered my ties to the Pickens county,Alabama Simpsons. Ephrain or Ephraim Simpson who came to Pickens co. Abt. 1845 from Ga. was my g-g-g-grandfather. He married Martha(Wingate?) and had twelve children.One of his son's William Alexander Simpson g-g-grandfather married Nancy(Wright?) and had five children the youngest being my g-grandfather Coney Dial Simpson. He married Margaret Lula Boyd in Tuscaloosa county and had one son James Herman Simpson my grandfather. He married Ethel Woodward and had five children. The youngest Raymond Earl Simpson was my father.I have names of all of Ephraim and William Alexanders chilren if anyone needs them.

Re: My Simpson Family

Zach Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 4:47PM GMT
Hi Jay! My name is Zach Simpson and i found your subject interesting.My family goes back to Virginia but no specific names yet, but iwill certainly find out and keep you posted. Were all related somehow i think,cause every Simpson i ever met either looked or acted alike.I was born in Ill.my family migrated from KY. in the mid 50's my grandfather's name was Richard from Richmond KY.born 1901.he had 3 brothers i think.His father was Zach simpson,he was shot to death in a tobac0o feild around 1914,he also had 3 or 4 brothers in which moved all around the country. His parents were jim and mary i do believe. Dont want to take up all of your time,email me sometime P.S. i have a brother named JAY!

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Simpson, Clark
Hi! Would you by any chance have the name Eloise G Simpson? I know she was born in Pickens county. She is my great grandmother. I know she married Roy D Clark from Birmingham and moved to Michigan. That's all I know about her.

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
Mrs. Lee,
I am sorry but I have not come across that name so far in my research. Do you know her fathers name? What about siblings? Let me know if you know any of these and I will check my tree for their names. Wish I could be more help to you.
Jay

Posted: 29 Jun 2002 12:28AM GMT
Through a contact on this message board, I have found out that Eloise's parents were named Henry Harrison Simpson and Ida Mathews. She has brothers by the name of Robert E Lee, Patrick Henry, Ira Cleveland, Louis Grady, John T Morgan,Stephen Douglas, and George Dewey. She has 1 sister named Ida Lee. Eloise's full name is Frances Eloise. I hope you can find something on your tree about these people. It would be nice to find some family somewhere, since I have never known my real grandparents on this side.

Thanks for your resposes.

Jay Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2002 12:50AM GMT
Mrs. Lee,
I do not have any of the names you mentioned in my tree.
However, a few months ago I received an e-mail from a woman named Sara Simpson Enock. She lives in England but was born and raised in Pickens County,Alabama. Reform, to be exact. She was asking me if I had any info on her grandfather Ira Simpson. I didn't know anything about him,but, I would be willing to bet he is your Eloise's brother.
I am going to give you her e-mail address so that you might exchange what you know with her. I hope you can help one another.
If I can help you in any other way please let me know.
Jay

Simpson families

Posted: 2 Jul 2003 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: NEWELL, BOYD
Jeannie, I am primarily a Newell researcher. My line ties back to Sarah (Boyd) Newell, dau of Robert Boyd, Vet of War of 1812. There were several Simspons married into the Newell lines. I have also communicated with Jay concerning Nola Boyd, who married Coney Dial Simpson, and descends from Robert Boyd through Boyd lines. I have a Robert Lee Simpson m/abt 1914 to Emily Newell, dau of Rufus M. Newell. Ira Cleveland Simpson was the 2nd husband of Sarah Cordelia Newell, dau of Rufus M. Newell. They married Jul 4, 1905. I have the names of children of these two families, but little else. Rufus Newell is the son of Robert Boyd Newell, my gtgtgrandfather. Robert is son of James and Sarah (Boyd) Newell.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions