Search for content in message boards

Micajah Ward in S. Carolina

Micajah Ward in S. Carolina

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2006 4:03AM GMT
I am looking for information about Micajah Ward, who lived in Kershaw County, SC, probably in the late 1700's or early 1800's. His son was William Alfred Ward, who married Laura Louise Lucius. They moved to Clarke Co., MS in about 1840. Any help would be appreciated!--Ward is not an easy name to research!
Sally Ward

Re: Micajah Ward in S. Carolina

Posted: 27 Dec 2005 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Ward
Sally,
Please email me at the above address - I think I can bring you up to date by a few generations. -Sue

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 5:10AM GMT
Sue:
Thanks for your reply about Micajah Ward. I would welcome any information you have about him or prior generations. I am able to work forward from William Alfred Ward, who married Laura Lucius, although I may not have all the pertinent dates and other information. William Alfred is my husband's great-grandfather.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Sally Ward

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2006 6:03PM GMT
Sally, we probably have all the same info from Micajah forward, I'm sorry to say. Wish I could help. But I got a lot of info from the library about your line, and have corresponded with an uncle of your husband's, Granberry, who is sending me infor also. I do think the lines are connected, just have to keep looking for that common denominator. -Sue

Posted: 7 Jan 2006 7:45PM GMT
Sue: Thanks for getting back to me. You may be getting more info from Granberry (or G.H., as we call him) than I have on the specific family members--I know who they all are, but not much more about them. I have been in contact with one of the Ward descendants that moved to Texas in the 1800's--several of William Alfred's sons moved there, the most well-known being Pierce Butler Ward. I know the Wards came from Wales, but that is the hard part to trace--I will keep trying! I will be in DC in March and will do more research on my family and the Wards at the National Archives. I will let you know if I find anything.
Sally

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 8:22PM GMT
In your research have you ever come upon a Micajah Ward in South Carolina that was married to a Nancy Rose that had two children: William Henry Ward and Flemming Ward? Micajah is said to have had a brother named Wade. I can't find out who Micajah's parents were or anything about his wife Nancy Rose. There seems to be more than one Micajah Ward in South Carolina during the 1700/1800s. I am a descendant of William Henry - he is my Great Great Grandfather. If you stumble upon my Micajah during your research would you please let me know. Thanks, M
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions