Search for content in message boards

LaRocque, Rock, LaRock, LaRocquebrune, etc - Family Photos

LaRocque, Rock, LaRock, LaRocquebrune, etc - Family Photos

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 11:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LaRocque, Rock, LaRock, LaRocquebrune, etc
Hello,
I am a LaRocque and I willing to share photo's of LaRocque ancesters in hopes someone will also do the same. We all have many of our family members photos sitting locked away and these may be our aunts, uncles and cousins some closer in each generation of our grand parents and great-grandparents. Please contact me if you would like to share genealogy information and photos.
Regards,
Joyce (yoshijag@hotmail.com)

Re: LaRocque, Rock, LaRock, LaRocquebrune, etc - Family Photos

Posted: 30 Mar 2009 1:48AM GMT
I have photos of the Stone Family who I suspect were LaRoche from Canada and settled in Franklin Co. I am stuck at Alexander Stone (LaRoche) b.1805 Canada married Margaret Livernois. Any similarities?

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 1:41PM GMT
Noticed your post and as I am the Moira,NY historian ,I do have info on the Larock (Larocque-Rocquebrune) families and will look through and give you all info I have, Marie mariet@northnet.org

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 1:52PM GMT
Joyce, I am the MOira,NY historian and do have info on the Larock family,please contact me as I will give info ,Marie mariet@northnet.org

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: LaRock/LaRocque
Hello Marie,

I appreciate any information that you can share with me on the LaRock/LaRocque family. I will be getting back to you later this week.

Thank you,
Joyce

Posted: 17 Jul 2010 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: LaRoche, LaRock, LaRocque, Stone, Fobare, Fabare, Faubert
Marie,
I am hoping you can help...I am interested in my ggg grandmother, Marceline LaRoche Faubert. Marceline (aka Marcelline, Marcella) was listed in the 1870 census as running a boarding house (no husband listed)although a newspaper article listed him as Francois Fobare (aka Faubert). I am specifically looking for information on the LaRoche family. I think Marceline LaRoche was born around 1840 in Canada (French). I am hoping to find her parents names. Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Kathleen

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 11:46PM GMT
Alexandre Faubert, son of Francois Faubert and Marcelline Laroche was baptized at St. Antoine Abbe 26 March 1862. Sponsors were Francois Laroche and Magdeleine Mailloux. The record states that they were "of this parish".

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 1:14AM GMT
Do you think these sponsors were parents or siblings?

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 11:06PM GMT
Could be either. I looked for a marriage of Francois and Magdeleine but no luck. Also cannot find in 1851 Canadian census. St. Antoine Abbe is across the border from Ellenburg, Clinton County, so I would check there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions