Search for content in message boards

William Scruggs - Cowpens, SC

William Scruggs - Cowpens, SC

Posted: 5 May 2008 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for William Scruggs that lived in the Cowpens area of Spartanburg Co. SC. He was born around 1828 and married Sarah. They had a son Alfred born 1858. Any information would be appreciated. You can email me at carolinagurls@charter.net

Re: William Scruggs - Cowpens, SC

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 6:40PM GMT
I'm a carolina girl, too and an looking for info on Susan Scruggs daughter of Richard Scruggs, Jr. (I think he's the brother of Robert Scruggs of the Scruggs cabin at Cowpens National Battlefield. I think Richard is really Richard Drury or Drury Richard (1765 in NC to 1855 in SC). I have a copy of his will and think there was a land grant involved with his father Richard Sr. This is what I have:
Richard Scruggs (England)
Henry Scruggs (1625-1738) m. Anne Gross
Richard Scruggs (1692-1774) m. Martha Drewry (Drury)
Richard Scruggs Sr (1725-1782) m. Mary Carter
Richard Scruggs Jr (1765-1855) m. Elizabeth Polly Wilkins
(he's buried at New Pleasant Baptist church in Cherokee
County, SC)
Susan Scruggs m. Isaac Williams
Drury Williams m. Jane Potter
Louisa Williams m. James Melton Hayes
Clayton Livingston Hayes m. Myrtle Phillips
and then there's me

There is a Scruggs Family Cemetery near Cowpens but I haven't been there yet. I have some rather detailed directions. There are also a lot of Scruggs in this line buried at the Williams Family Cemetery near Hayes Road in Cherokee County. I have been there. I have pictures of all three cemeteries mentioned if you're interested. Contact me at rdonaldwest@bellsouth.net.
Dale

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 2:09AM GMT
Hey my name is william david scruggs i live in ga. My grandpa is from cherokee. My dad had an ancestory report done . The the scruggs house at cowpens was built by my great great great great great grandparents i believe it was robert scruggs son of richard scruggs. I have the ancestory rrport if yall would like a copy feel free to email me

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 1:52PM GMT
I am the archivist for the Scruggs Family Association and I would really like to have a copy of the information that your father received from the genealogist. Please send it to me as an attachment to an email if possible. My email address is jkcarter@datarecall.net. If you would like more information about our organization go to Scruggsfam.com and print out an applicaton for membership. Membership is only $25.00 a year.

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 2:31PM GMT
Yes, I would like a copy of your information. Please send it to sheilabauer@hotmail.com Thank you Sheila Bauer

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 9:56PM GMT
I'd love to see what you have as I've never been able to sort out all the Scruggs boys named Robert and Richard. I have photos of the gravestones of Richard Scruggs the Revolutionary and Richard Scruggs (his son, I think) along with other Scruggs buried at New leasant Baptist Church and the Williams Family Cemetery both in Cherokee County, SC. Send a valid e-mail and I'll forward them to you. By the way,I'm dhwestjnk@yahoo.com. Contact me at that address.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:41AM GMT
William
I am the archivist for the Scruggs Family Association and would really like to have a copy of the report that you received from the genealogist. My email address is jkcarter@datarecall.net

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 1:54AM GMT
David, would you send me a copy of the report? My dad was William Thomas Scruggs and my brother is a junior. My granddad is William Madison Scruggs. So there are a lot of Williams in my immediate Scruggs family. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions