Search for content in message boards

Elender Oaks And Wm H Sharp

Elender Oaks And Wm H Sharp

John Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Oaks, Sharp, Smith
I am looking for ancester information about my GGGrandmother Elender Oaks (b:1824 Union Co.,Tn). She was the wife of William Henry Sharp (b:22 Jan 1820 Union Co.,TN). Any information about Elender's Mother,Father,or siblings would be greatly appreciated.
I am also looking for information on my GGrandfather John MAT Smith b:abt 1831 Union Co.,TN. He was married to Elizabeth Jane Sharp (b:1848 Union Co.,Tn). It is said that Mat had a former wife and family. Any information on Mat, his family, father, or mother would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Elender Oaks And Wm H Sharp

Posted: 1 Jun 2008 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: SHARP-OAKS of Union Co TN
John -- Would you have the time to contact me RE your Elender Oaks & William Henry Sharp? They are my 3rd great grandparents. Contact me at monableu@yahoo.com
Thank you.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 6:31AM GMT
Do you connect to Ambros Sharp of Union CO TN? My great-grandfather was John Henry Sharp of Sharp's Chapel TN and Knoxville TN.. I am trying to find Ambros parents.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 12:09PM GMT
Ambrose Sharp was my gggrandfather. I do not know who his parents are. There is some speculation that John Honas Sharp was his father but I don't see how that can be. I've looked and looked but can't figure it out myself. I am descended through his son Calvin Sharp.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: *SHARP--OAKS
I, honestly, do not know to whom my SHARP's and OAKS' connect. It was only two years ago that my 93 year old grandmother told me (just before her death) that her grandmother was MARTHA SHARP (2nd wife of WILLIS GREEN WELCH) (marriage info is on file) [Martha had died soon after giving birth to her only child, CHARLES OSCAR WELCH, my great grandfather.] and not MARY ADALINE GUY (3rd wife of WILLIS GREEN WELCH) [Willis had married 1st Mary Whited.]. All of my WELCH-SHARP-OAKS connections are from the area known as Lead Mine Bend over by the Norris Lake backup at Sharp's Chapel Tennessee. (Some of those farms were covered by the lake and my WELCH line wound up on the north side of the water, but still in Union county.) I am still searching for my Sharp & Oaks connections. If I find any new information I will post the same here for others to use. Sorry I couldn't answer your specific query.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 4:22PM GMT
We are looking for some of the same people and probably connect. Contact me at my e-mail: margannals@aol.com

I have these names in my group: Sharp;Whited;Graves;Shofner;Moser;Keck

My people are mostly from Claiborne (now Union) CO TN and some of them had land that was covored by Norris. The cemetery was relocated. There are also a number buried in Knoxville and Sharp's Chapel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Margaret-Ann

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 4:02PM GMT
Do you have information on Elenders family? They were my GGG Grandparents too. Through their daughter Permelia. I have yet to find out who her parents were. Thanks!

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 5:11PM GMT
I have been researching my father's family and don't have my mom's information at hand but will try to find something for you next week. Permelia rings a bell. The Sharps all seem to be located in the same general area there. I will be out of town until Monday but will get back to you.If you would like to reach me: margannals@aol.com
Margaret-Ann

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 9:24PM GMT
Monday would be just fine. William and Elenders daughter Permelia Caroline married Orville Lee Peters. I have a picture of her on Ancestry. But I have not been able to find anything on Elender Oaks, so any help would be deeply appreciated!

Diana

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 9:28PM GMT
I have also posted a new thread today about William H Sharp, son of William and Elender. Trying to prove that he was the one who married Lucinda Ellison, if you might know, or know how I could find something to prove that. There are a lot of clues which point strongly to it, but nothing solid.

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions