Search for content in message boards

William Swan, d. 1849, Harris Co., GA

William Swan, d. 1849, Harris Co., GA

Hugh Rodgers (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swan
Seeking wife and children of William Swan, Rev. Soldier from NC who died in Harris Co., GA. in 1849. Buried in Rehoboth (now Rock) Baptist Cemetery, Cataula, GA.

Re: William Swan, d. 1849, Harris Co., GA

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 10:21PM GMT
I know that William's wife was Rachel Brown, born c. 1769, daughter of William Brown and Sarah "Sally" (Long?). Two of their children were Parmelia who married William Glass and William B. I know there was at least one other son whose name I do know now. I believe him to be my great great grandfather; I have been searching for his name for 40 years at least. He married Esther "Hetty", possibly Trimble (not sure of her last name).

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 8:50PM GMT
William's wife was Rachel Brown, born circa 1767. Their children were Parmelia, born 1798 married William Glass; William B., born circa 1808; and at least one other son, whose name I have been searching for for at least 35 years. He married a woman named Esther "Hetty" (possibly Trimble) and he was my great great grandfather. I hope this information will be of help to you.

Catherine Swan Gallinger

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 7:58PM GMT
I know that his wife's name was Rachel Brown. I can give you more info on her. I know they had a daughter named Parmelia and a son named William B. There was also another son whose name I am seeking as he was my great, great grandfather ; he was married to an Esther, possibly Trimble. Write to me at catherinegallinger@comcast.net. Maybe we can help one another.

Catherine Swan Gallinger
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions