Search for content in message boards

Location of “Old Story Burying Ground” in Monmouth?

Location of “Old Story Burying Ground” in Monmouth?

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 10:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perrine, Perrin
Where is “Story’s Burying Ground” or the “Old Story burying ground”? Here's what I've gathered:
John Perrine, my 5th great-grandfather owned land adjoining Old Story burying ground where he and his wife are buried. In 1937, William Davison Perrine replaced some of the earliest Perrine gravestones in Old Story Burial Ground: Henry Perrin 1669-1734 His Wife Marie 1674-1765 John Perrine 1690-1779 His Wife Catherine 1708-1792 John Perrine Jr. 1722-1804 His Wife Mary LaRue 1736-1824. "Daniel Perrin, 'The Huguenot'," says on page 59 that the homestead of Joseph Perrine who was a founder of Spottswood, NJ, is located on the road from Englishtown to Spottswood, and is “now” owned by Luther Dey of Englishtown. Joseph Perrine, a Minute Man in the Revolution, died on Sept. 4, 1791 and is said to be buried in Story's Burying Ground, near Freehold.

Re: Location of “Old Story Burying Ground” in Monmouth?

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 3:27PM GMT
If you have not already located the location of Old Story, please contact me for directions. I also have relatives buried there and have been to the cemetery a number of times. Nancy

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 2:44AM GMT
and is not in Monmouth County, but right over the line in Middlesex County.

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 12:21PM GMT
Surnames: LaRue, Perrine, Foote, Carpenter
I'd like to establish contact with you. My great-grandfather was William LaRue Perrine, homeopathic physician in Brooklyn. His daughter, Bessie Clark Perrine, married John Howard Foote and my mother was their daughter Edith Foote, later Carpenter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions