Search for content in message boards

Spicer Photographs

Spicer Photographs

Posted: 6 Mar 2004 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Dec 2004 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer, Anderson, Newlon, Gaines, etc.
To all Spicer "cousins" ... I have uploaded some William Thornton Spicer, Sr., and William Thornton Spicer, Jr., family photographs to my website. I've had so many requests, this seems a good way to have them available to anyone interested. This is a work in progress, so more photos will be added, time permitting. I will also add photographs from the Moses Spicer-Moses Spicer Jr - Samuel Spicer line soon. Here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/4098/spicer.html
Ellen

Re: Spicer Photographs

sherry (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2004 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: spicer
How neat is this!! I have been searching for information for my father: Melvin Spicer born in culpeper. His line is the samuel line...we think. Def. the moses and albert.
Please hurry up with the photos!!! I can't wait to see if some look my father's that he has. I'll get those and post them somewhere as well.
THANKS
s.s.p

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2004 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Spicer
Ok, now you have teased us with the William Thornton Spicer photos, so when do we get to see the Moses Spicer stuff. I am pretty sure my William Spicer descendant came thru him. We are still adding the pieces as they are scattered all over the US.
Thanks so much for sharing with the Genealogy world of the Spicer families. That is what the Web can do for us now that the mail man could not do for 200 years.
William Neil Spicer

sherry (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2004 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: spicer
AH! Dad and I have just scanned in what he has in photos. It was very interesting. He has John Joseph Spicer and Lucy! from 1943 when he was a boy. also his picture from 1942, culpeper high students;Maggie spicer(cribb)charlie's daughter.James Albert Spicer @ in 1992 with his revolver, and again when he was 100 yrs old in the Newspaper,culpeper/with gggrand-daughter Shadrica in washington dc
Oooooooo so fun!!
sherry

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer, Anderson, Hensley, Pierce
I have photo of Samuel Spicer, his homeplace and mill that were located on a branch of Devil's Run in the Slate Mills area of Culpeper County, near the Rappahannock County line. I also have lot's of photos of Samuel and Nancy (Leavell) Spicer's grandchildren, including James Albert Spicer, Walker Spicer, and my line, Louisa Ann Spicer who married William Thornton Spicer, Jr. Space is an issue on my website, but will try to get photos posted ASAP, either there, on another website and "link" them.

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer, Anderson, Hensley, Pierce, & others
Hi ... I have other photos of James Albert too. One of him in his Civil War uniform, on horseback, in bi-centennial parade (I think) for Orange, VA ... taken early part of 20th century. Also have some "tid-bits" of info on James Albert and the rest of that family ... will try to get all this on website. 'Course it won't be until after tax deadline. :-(

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer, Anderson, Hensley, Pierce & others
I'll give my database a look when I get a few minutes ... "Melvin" rings a bell, so I may have. Will let you know.

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer
Thanks Ellen for the help. I have posted a message showing my family line just now to one of the other messages, check it out and see if I am in family that you may have photos of. If you see someone that is not what you believe to be fact please contact me for a correction if you would.
William Neil Spicer

Posted: 7 Apr 2004 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer Spicer Anderson
I'll give it a look ... I know the Spicer's are confusing ... especially the "Williams" ... One of Moses, Sr.'s son's, William, went to NC, and I have documentation mentioning this ... from a British Mercantile Claims record. What I'd really like to find is proof that Moses Sr., a Benjamin, Randolph, and a William are brothers and where they hailed from.

Posted: 7 Apr 2004 9:34PM GMT
Thanks Ellen for any help you may pass on to me. These are the lost ones that no one ever thought about until 200 yrs later. Now we want to know what they were doing and why. Hope you have something on the family tree I sent. Remember now, some may not be the real thing as it is sketchy in this period of time for finding the truth. I looked for 2 yrs trying to find out why other Spicers were telling me I was on the wrong trail and then it happened, I found out I was right with mine and they had another set of Spicers with the same name as mine. We learn to be patient doing this research as the obvious sometimes is hard to find.
Thanks again, Bill Spicer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions