Search for content in message boards

Larkin BUTLER, b. 1841 -- son of George BUTLER, b. 1807

Larkin BUTLER, b. 1841 -- son of George BUTLER, b. 1807

Posted: 12 Sep 2004 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2004 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Messick
George's son Larkin b. 1841 was my 2nd gr grandfather married to Mary Ann Messick. Would love to exchange info with you.
Mary

Re: Larkin BUTLER -- son of George BUTLER, b. 1807

Marlene (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2004 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
Mary, I would be glad to share information with you but need more to go on. I do not have a George or Larkin in my data base but was on line at one ime wih a man who seemed to think George was a brother to my Thomas in Butler's Landing, Tn but I was unable to establish the connection. Do you know where he was from or know his father's name?

Re: George C. BUTLER -- b. abt. 1805-1807

Posted: 26 Sep 2004 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2004 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Duncan
George C. Butler was born in VA abt 1805-1807. I believe the C stands for Calvin. He married Harriet Duncan b. abt 1811 in TN. They lived in the Coffee Co., TN area. and are on the war records.

Re: George C. (Calvin) BUTLER

Posted: 18 Nov 2004 6:33PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2006 7:53PM GMT
I don't know who George's parents are. George Calvin Butler married Harriet Duncan abt. 1828 in Warren, TN. George was born between 1800-1805 in VA. His brothers that I have listed are Lilibum b. 1798, David b. 1795, William b. 1810, and John b. 1813 in N.C. These names are repeated in his children and so is Thomas so probably are related.Hope we find a connection.
Thanks Mary

Re: George C. BUTLER

Posted: 23 Nov 2007 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Bowcock, Duboise, Dubose, Duncan
C is for Canady. I descend from Thomas Butler m Elizabeth (possibly Bowcock) to George Canady Butler to James L Butler (brother of your Larkin Butler)to George Pinkney Butler to Maydell Scott Butler to my father Earl Joseph Butler. We are 99% positive that George C married Harriet E Duboise (Dubose) who is the daughter of Peter Dubose and Annerece LNU (the Dubose spelling changes a lot). I'm thinking that once I can establish where the Canady name came from then I can establish where Thomas was born (probably VA). The Duncan's and Hathcocks are closely related to the Butler line as well but we have found no evidence that Harriet's maiden name was Duncan. Other names in this line are Nelson, Hart, Ensey, and Duboise. The Duboise connections have been well researched and may link as far back as Charlemagne. However, have to be carefull with this information though. George C was born ca 1805 in VA. Most of the research I have done indicates a very strong relationship between the Dubose and Butler families during the Revolutionary War (they all show up on the rosters for Francis Marion). Let me know if you would like to exchange information. I suspect our Butler line actually originated in Maryland and then to VA. Still no solid leads on that. Thanks, Chris Butler

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 8:04PM GMT
Would love to exchange info with you. Your information is alot like what I have. Never know when you'll find the missing link.
Thanks Mary
email: maryaston8@hotmail.com

Re: William BUTLER

Posted: 26 Feb 2008 9:55PM GMT
Where are your Butlers? My line decends from
William Butler b. 1770-1780
Larkin Butler b. 1814 in SC
William Butler b. 1835 in GA
This younger Willaim also named one of his sons Larkin.

I wonder if yours were in the south... if your George could be brother to my Larkin Sr sons of William?

Tonya

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 10:42PM GMT
Sounds like this could match. My Larkin Butler was b. in Tn. and his father was b. in Virginia (George C. Butler). Would love to get more info.
Mary

Re: Larkin BUTLER

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Bowcock, Deboise
Hi, I saw your post and it looks like we are researching the same family. Your Larkin is a brother to my James, both born in TN to George & Harriet Butler.
George's father was Thomas Butler born 1775, VA; married Elizabeth Bowcock in 1793. I have Thomas's death date being ca1839 in TN. I don't have any other info on Thomas.
I have Larkin being married to a Mary Newman but they may have divorced. I also have a Mary Messick being married to him in 1865 in Coffee Co, TN.
In 1907, Larkin is living in Lee Co, MS and in the 1920 census he's living by his brother, Alexander in Chester Co, TN. I have his death date being 15Apr1920, Chester Co, TN.

~Renee

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Dubois, Nelson, Hart, Hathcock
I believe we have already talked before regarding Larkin Cannerdy Butler (found him in Prentiss MS with Annerece Dubois, etc.) Take note of the post regarding a William Butler - I too have found a Larkin associated with this William and suspect he may be the same William that is in Orange county North Carolina with our John Nelson (m Lucy Hart) and Howell Hathcock, father of Howell Pinkney James Hathcock. Let me know if you would like to share information. I'm stuck on our Thomas Butler.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions