Search for content in message boards

Posey, Bryant connection in Alabama

Posey, Bryant connection in Alabama

Posted: 23 Mar 2005 3:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Posey, Bryant
Looking for any information on Ann Bryant b.1860, Elija E.Bryant b.1871, Lem L. Bryant b.1871, Lenorah Bryant b.1876 and Mary (Mollie) E. Bryant b.1874; all are listed as being born in Alabama. I have found them listed in the 1880 census in Cleburne, AL as the children of TB and Lucia A. Campell or Campbell. I can not figure out how they all ended up living with the Campbells or what happened to their parents. I have not been able to find any other information on this family. Mary (Mollie) E. Bryant was my GG Grandmother. She married James Ervin Posey of Crenshaw County, Alabama. I have been told that she was at least 1/2 Indian. Please.... help....Thank you ;)

Re: Posey, Bryant connection in Alabama

Posted: 14 Jan 2011 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: bryant campbell posey dry
it appears that Lucy Ann Bryant Campbell was most likely the sister of Hugh Eisha Bryant (who was married to Martha Elizabeth Dry). I think that T. B. and Lucy (Lucia) Ann took in the children of Hugh and Martha Dry, possibly? Mary Eugenia (Mollie) Bryant is my mother's (Mary Callie Posey's) grandmother. My mother, Mary Callie Posey is the daughter of Houston C. (Huston) Posey who is the son of Mary Eugenia (Mollie) Bryant. This possible Cherokee Indian link confuses my family, as well. I hope that I am not linking up the wrong info on my great-grandmother Mollie.

Re: Posey, Bryant connection in Alabama

Posted: 4 Jun 2011 10:07PM GMT
My brother and I are looking for information also about Molly Bryant Posey also. She was our great grandmother also. Our grandfather was William Ervin Posey, the son of Mollie and Jim, or James E Posey from Crenshaw County in Alabama. We are wanting any information to help in tracing down our heritage of the Cherokee roll and if Mollie is recorded and what we need to do. Please reply if anyone can help. Thanks, Debbie Stephens Stone- Owasso, Ok.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions