Search for content in message boards

christine collins grave

christine collins grave

Posted: 25 Oct 2008 10:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: collins
There is a new movie out about Christine Collins who's son disappeared in 1928. He was never found. Does anyone know where Christine Collins grave is and when she died. I'd like to know if her grave has a marker.

Re: christine collins grave

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Klein
I would like to know at what age Christine Collins, the mother of Waltre Collins, passes away. I have read in articles posted that she died in 1935 and on other articles that the last record of her was a court record of her updating a judgement was 1941. No other record of her after that. Is there a death certificate somewhere??

I am curious to know what the circumstances of her death were. It seems she would of died at a pretty young age. Is there any record of other family members. Any further retaliation from LAPD?? Any trace of her after 1941.

Posted: 9 Nov 2008 5:36PM GMT
Christine Collins died in 1996 at the age of 95. She is buried in Costra County where she moved sometime after 1954.

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: Collins
The Christine Collins that died in 1996 is not the same Christine Collins that is portrayed in the film. The lady in the film was born in 1891.

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 8:15PM GMT
Christine Collins, the woman who lost her son, Walter Collins, was born in 1901. The are many erroneous reports of her birth in 1891 and death in 1935. None of these are accurate. Collins resided in Southern CA until 1954 when she moved to Contra Costa County after remarrying.

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 2:41PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. Does she have a tombstone marking her grave? Did she ever have more children?
Thank you once again

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 5:56AM GMT
Are you sure about the date of Walter Collin's birth? If he was born in 1901 and she was born in 1891, she would have been 10 when she gave birth to him.

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 9:34PM GMT
I think the post was saying that Christine Collins was born in 1901, not Walter.

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 9:37PM GMT
Do you have any information as to what her last name was after she remarried?

Posted: 4 Dec 2008 5:14PM GMT
I have a friend with an amazing story about Christine COllins. BUT! in order to find out if the story is correct and true I need to find out if she live in Glendale CA until her death in ????. My friends mother remembers a lady by the last name Collins who use to live next door to them as her kids were growing up. She remember the lady was a manager at a big telephone company and she would get mad at the father if he left is young son unwatched out side riding his bike. Does anyone know if she live in Glendale CA?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions