Search for content in message boards

Concepcion del Oro

Concepcion del Oro

Miguel (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2002 4:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
My father had born in Concepcion or Concha del Oro, Zacatecas. My family still has an old house there. It’s a pretty, very relaxing, and nicely place rounded by mountains. Whether is excellent in during most part of the year, but very cold in winter. I love that place! My Grandpa and his brothers worked as miners before the Mexican revolution (1910). They use to extract the gold with primitive techniques. My mom born in a town on the top of a mountain called el Cobre, which was on the way to Mazapil (Spanish most important town of Zacatecas… in the past). Her surname is “Hernandez” and her father was a miner too, she was the responsible of the postal service office there…. That’s why every body knew her. My dad’s family “Dorantes” is very well know among the habitants of Concha, actually my dad use to play piano in the church. Every hill in Concepcion del Oro has amazing legends that the old miners in the town believe very deeply. Like the one about the “Temeroso” which is the highest peak around the city. I haven’t been there since summer 1998, but when I was living in Mexico (Monterrey) I use to go every month.

Re: Concepcion del Oro

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 2:45AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2003 3:15AM GMT
My grandfather, Refugio Sauceda Hernandez, and his small family lived in Concha and worked in a mine called "Las Animas" between 1904 and 1909. They had come to Concha from the mining village of San Miguel del Mesquital, but my Hernandez family originated from Vetagrande, Zacatecas. My grandfather worked as night watchman at "Las Animas" for a man named don Tereso. From Concha, my grandfather moved to the village of Milagrosa, SLP in 1909. This is near the town of Cedral, SLP. In 1910, the family moved to a mine called "La Ladera" near Bustamante, NL. The family finally settled in nearby Minas Viejas, NL and lived there from 1910 to 1912. I'm sure my family and yours knew each other in those years at Concha.

patricia (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2002 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Perez, Carreno
Miguel,
My grandmother, Elisa Perez was born in Concepcion del Oro to Elias and Catalina Perez and lived in El Cobre. She was born in 1914. Her family lived in a home carved out of the mountainside . She used to tell us how her mother worked as a maid for the "gringos" who lived in a gated community and were the owners/managers of the mine where her father worked . Her mother used to take her to work and that was where she saw her first indoor toilet. I think the company was "American Smelting"? She had relatives with the surname Carreno? By the way, she used to tell us about sparks coming from behind a mountain where witches were believed to have lived and the sparks came from their cauldron. Anyone tossing their newborn baby down the mountain would be rewarded with enormous wealth, but no one ever tested the legend since who would be crazy enough to toss their child down the mountain? Heard that one?

Posted: 7 Aug 2003 6:47AM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2003 7:07AM GMT
I actually live in Saltillo Coahuila is about 120 km away from Concha del Oro, and I am married with Carmen Santos Yaber she and her mother are from there.
I know all the history about the "Temeroso, witches, all that leyends.
Also i went to Concepcion this weekend and also visited Mazapil they are celebrating the "Santo Patrono"

Re: Concepcion del Oro/Moreno y Hernandez

Posted: 29 May 2004 10:35AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2004 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: MORENO Y HERNANDEZ
Hola, he estado muy interesada en lo que ha escrito sobre su familia. Mi famila tambien es de Concepcion De Oro. Mi abuelo se llamaba Tereso Moreno, (creo que nacio en Galecia, N.L.--la verdad, no se, pero creo que su padre era de Espana y mi abuelo tenia un hermano que se llamaba Juan Moreno y el tenia dos hijas de nombre de Berta y Carmen y un hijo que se llamaba Juanito Moreno--y creo que tenian una tiendita en Concepcion de Oro. Toda la familia se fue a Monterrey, creo en los 1950's .

Mi Abuelo era un contador (bookkeeper) y viejaba mucho administrando las cuentas de sus clientes. My Abuelita se llamba Maria del Carmen Hernandez de Moreno, ella era de San Luis Potosi, fue maestra antes de casarse y su familia sabia de las minas. Tambien creo que mi Abuelita tenia una hermana y un hermano, no se sus nombres, pero tenian una farmacia en San Luis Potosi. Mis Abuelos tambien tenian una mina en Concepcion del Oro, no se que tan grande o que tan chica era la mina--pero me intereso que usted menciono que su abuelo trabajo con un hombre que se llamaba don tereso--no tendra usted mas informacion sobre don tereso? Y quiza mi Abuelita sea pariente de su familia porque tambien ha escrito que su familia Hernandez era de San Luis Potosi . . .no tendra mas informacion sobre la familia Hernandez que pueda compartir?

Mi padre se llamaba Baldemar Apolonio Moreno y le decian Polo o Balde--el tenia dos hermanos de nombre de Edmundo y Pepe y una hermana. Tambien ellos se fueron para Monterrey en los 1950's.

Le agradeceria mucho si me pudiera mandar cualquier informacion que pueda compartir. Ojala reciba esta email y me pueda contestar. Estoy muy interesada en tener mas informacion sobre la familia de mi padre. Carmen

Re: Concepcion del Oro/Moreno y Hernandez

Posted: 29 May 2004 10:49AM GMT
Surnames: Moreno y Hernandez
Me pueden escribir a esta direcion: carmen@cmchavez.com si tienen algun informe que me puedan mandar sobre mi familia, aqui esta la email que escribi anteriormente y se me olvido poner mi direcion para que me manden algun informe que tengan sobre mi familia. Muchas gracias, Carmen

"Hola, he estado muy interesada en lo que ha escrito sobre su familia. Mi famila tambien es de Concepcion De Oro. Mi abuelo se llamaba Tereso Moreno, (creo que nacio en Galecia, N.L.--la verdad, no se, pero creo que su padre era de Espana y mi abuelo tenia un hermano que se llamaba Juan Moreno y el tenia dos hijas de nombre de Berta y Carmen y un hijo que se llamaba Juanito Moreno--y creo que tenian una tiendita en Concepcion de Oro. Toda la familia se fue a Monterrey, creo en los 1950's .

Mi Abuelo era un contador (bookkeeper) y viejaba mucho administrando las cuentas de sus clientes. My Abuelita se llamba Maria del Carmen Hernandez de Moreno, ella era de San Luis Potosi, fue maestra antes de casarse y su familia sabia de las minas. Tambien creo que mi Abuelita tenia una hermana y un hermano, no se sus nombres, pero tenian una farmacia en San Luis Potosi. Mis Abuelos tambien tenian una mina en Concepcion del Oro, no se que tan grande o que tan chica era la mina--pero me intereso que usted menciono que su abuelo trabajo con un hombre que se llamaba don tereso--no tendra usted mas informacion sobre don tereso? Y quiza mi Abuelita sea pariente de su familia porque tambien ha escrito que su familia Hernandez era de San Luis Potosi . . .no tendra mas informacion sobre la familia Hernandez que pueda compartir?

Mi padre se llamaba Baldemar Apolonio Moreno y le decian Polo o Balde--el tenia dos hermanos de nombre de Edmundo y Pepe y una hermana. Tambien ellos se fueron para Monterrey en los 1950's.

Le agradeceria mucho si me pudiera mandar cualquier informacion que pueda compartir. Ojala reciba esta email y me pueda contestar. Estoy muy interesada en tener mas informacion sobre la familia de mi padre. Carmen"

Famila Moreno de Concepcion del Oro, Zacatecas

Posted: 29 May 2004 11:40AM GMT
Surnames: Moreno
Me pueden escribir a esta direcion: carmen@cmchavez.com si tienen algun informe que me puedan mandar sobre mi familia, aqui esta la email que escribi anteriormente y se me olvido poner mi direcion para que me manden algun informe que tengan sobre mi familia.

Mi famila viene de Concepcion De Oro, Zacatecas. Mi abuelo se llamaba Tereso Moreno, (creo que nacio en Galeana, N.L.--la verdad, no se, pero creo que su padre era de Espana y mi abuelo tenia un hermano que se llamaba Juan Moreno y el tenia dos hijas de nombre de Berta y Carmen y un hijo que se llamaba Juanito Moreno--y creo que tenian una tiendita en Concepcion de Oro. Toda la familia se fue a Monterrey, creo en los 1950's .

Mi Abuelo era un contador (bookkeeper) y viejaba mucho administrando las cuentas de sus clientes. My Abuelita se llamba Maria del Carmen Hernandez de Moreno, ella era de San Luis Potosi, fue maestra antes de casarse y su familia sabia de las minas. Tambien creo que mi Abuelita tenia una hermana y un hermano, no se sus nombres, pero tenian una farmacia en San Luis Potosi. Mis Abuelos tambien tenian una mina en Concepcion del Oro, no se que tan grande o que tan chica era la mina.

Mi padre se llamaba Baldemar Apolonio Moreno y le decian Polo o Balde--el tenia dos hermanos, les llamaban Mundo y Pepe y una hermana. Tambien ellos se fueron para Monterrey en los 1950's.

Les agradeceria mucho por cualquier informe que me puedan mandar. Estoy muy interesada en aprender mas sobre la familia de mi padre. Mi padre murio cuando yo era una nina de 2 anos y he perdido contacto con ellos por que mi madre se vino a los Estados Unidos poco despues de que murio mi padre. Gracias.Carmen"

Posted: 1 May 2005 8:05AM GMT
Surnames: CARRENO * GOMEZ * LEDESMA * TAVERA * EZQUERRO * MALLEN * OLSEN
I am a Carreno. My family was from San Luis Potosi... do you have any specific Carreno names available?

miriam (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2005 5:38PM GMT
my great grandparents, grandparents, mother and her immediate family are all Yaber's.

can you let me now your wife's mother and father's names so I can ask my mother if they are related?

all of my Yaber family members were born in Concepcion Del Oro and a few born in Saltillo.

many live throughout Mexico and in the United States.

miriam

Posted: 4 Dec 2005 7:50AM GMT
hello Miguel, my name is frances.My father and his
family were from concepcion del oro. i have never been there but have heard that it is beautiful. my father surnam is Aranda.have you heard of this last name in that area.also Acosta, Mendes,and Guzman. any information will be helpful.
thank you frances
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions