Search for content in message boards

Talley Family

Talley/Tally Family

Betty Young Bray (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Talley, Tally
My Young family lived at "Talleys Old Field" in Jackson County, Tennessee in the early 1800s or before. I have always wondered who 'Talley' was.
Posted: 27 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Talley, Tally
Any help on the Talley / Tally Family

Talley, or Tally surname

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Tallie, Tally, Talley, Hobwood
I never thought of researching Tallie, or Tally, Talley as a surname. Thanks for the idea. We have pictures of my grandfather Hobwood who deffinately carried some native american physical characteristics.

TALLY/TALLEY

Betty Young Bray (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:48PM GMT
Sorry, but I have been unable to find any information on the Tally/Talley family.

tally history

nicole thomas (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Tally, Holt
I am trying to find my family history far back as i know is that my great great grand fathers name is Jim Tally he married my great great grand mother Lucy holt they lived in hollywood alabama jackson countie if you can help me let me know thanks

nicole

Re: Talley Family

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 2:35AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2001 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Talley/Tally
Dear Dr. Talley,

I am currently doing research on the Talley family. So far I hve information from Kentucky, Indiana, Nebraska, Kansas and California, beginning in about 1825 (KY) up to present day California. If information from any of these states would be helpful please let me know and I would be happy to send it to you. Best of luck

Kate

Re: tally history

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2002 8:16PM GMT
looking for cynthia ann talley married to ? cofer----son name james a cofer my ggfather his wife was cordelia roper--rosser james was born in carolina and raised by the bussey;s thanks for any help

Re: Talley Family

Roberta (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2001 12:06PM GMT
Dr. Talley:

Our branch of the Talley family dates back to John Talley of colonial times in Virginia. Eventually two Talley descendents moved to Missouri and are listed as Missouri Pioneers. My husband is a direct descendent of these gentlemen.

There has always been a story in the family that we had native American ancestry, but as of this date I have yet to prove or disprove this theory. I would be interested in discussing this with you, so please feel free to email me directly.

Thanks!

Roberta

Re: Talley, or Tally surname

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Tally
Can you tell me about the native American Tallys? We are trying to trace our Cherokee line but to no avail. We know that our native american tribe is cherokee and think that it may have been in several branches. Any info you can give me would help. Thanks, Cheryl

Re: Talley, or Tally surname

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hobwood
Hi Cheryl, I'm sorry I have no information on the native american "Talley Family" I wished I did! I was interested on the Talley surname as my paternal grandfathers' name was Tallie William Hobwood. I had seen his first name written as Tally from time to time. My sister Anita, and her second daughter Lorrie carry native american physical traits. We were also told that there may have been native american blood on both sides of our family tree. However I haven't found a deffinate link on either side. Thank you for replying to my search Linda Hobwood, Belton
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions