Search for content in message boards

Peyton/Payton, McGlothlin

Peyton/Payton, McGlothlin

Phyllis Montano (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Bennett Peyton, born about 1808-1810. Lived in Casey Co. from 1840 until his death around 1900. He married Sarah Jane (Janey) McGlothlin in Casey Co. in 1839. I am trying to find his father. Would apprectiate any information on this family. Thanks.

McGlothlin

Posted: 12 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2002 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: McGlothlin, Keen, Minton, Leathers, Vandike
I read your query about Bennett peyton (b1808-1810) who married Sarah Jane McGlothin in Casey County, KY about 1839. Have you been able to determine who her parents were. Who are your McGlothins one generation back?

I have John and Judith Leathers McGlothlin (var spellings) born 1750's-1760's in the Carolinas and died about 1848 in Russell/Tazewell Co,VA.

Can you make a connection?

Lomane

McGlothlins

Jean Hite (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peyton, Hale, King
Sarah Jane McGlothlin's father was Thomas McGlothlin and her mother was Sarah Peyton d/o James Peyton all of Casey Co.,Ky. That's all I have on the McGlothlins.
Jean Peyton Hite

Re: Peyton/Payton, McGlothlin

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Peyton
A DNA test is needed to help determine the lineage of Bennett Peyton of Casey County, Ky., who lived and married in Indiana his first wife who died before Bennett Peyton and his daughter by this first marriage went to Casey County, Ky. We need to find a direct male descendant surnamed Peyton to volunteer to do the DNA testing which is being conducted by The Peyton Society of Virginia. The Peyton Society researches and studies the ancestry of any Peyton who lived prior to 1831 in Virginia. DNA testing has been done on descendants of Philip & Winnifred (Bussell/Bufford) Peyton namely 2 of their sons: Valentine (1749-1831), and Major Daniel Peyton (1761/2-1826). Also descendants of Philip's brothers: John, and Henry Peyton. Henry Peyton's descendants went to West Virginia, and John's son, John went to Ky then to Indiana. Many other lines of the Peytons have been DNA tested. PAllen7783.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions