Search for content in message boards

Green Duke

Green Duke

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 5:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Nov 2002 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Carrigan, Duke, Timmons
I have been looking at the message board and have seen a lot of Green Duke's, so I am hoping someone out there may be able to help us with our Green Duke b. c 1795 (Warren Co., N.C. m. 1 Jan. 1817 to Kezziah Timmons. Green d. we believe before 1840. Some of their children were: Green W., Nancy, Thomas, Squire Hamilton, James M., Jane, Mathew and Joseph. Our Line is Squire (Hamp) Hamilton Duke b. c1832 and M. 16 Oct. 1854 to Adaline Carrigan. Can anyone help us?

Re: Green Duke

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2003 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Duke
You show a marriage of a Green Duke to Kezziah Timmons 1 Jan 1817 - where did this marriage take place?
The only Green Duke marriage I find in Warren Co records is:
Green B. Duke to Rebecca Robertson 22 Oct 1806.
I don't find a marriage for a Kezziah Timmons (or any bride "Timmons" for that matter) in Warren Co, NC.
Have I missed a Warren Co marriage, or could your Green Duke have married outside of Warren Co NC?

cenie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2003 5:18AM GMT
Sandy, My Green Duke was b. c.1795 in Warren Co. but was
md. Jan. 01, 1817 in Williamson Co., Tn. to Kiziah Timmons.
He died c. 1840 in Maury Co.,Tn.Would you have any infor
on this family? I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thank
you for writing back.

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2003 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Duke
Cenie, I hope you don't mind my asking, but why do you believe your Green Duke was born in Warren Co, NC?
I ask only because I don't think I have identified your Green Duke, so that means there is ANOTHER one I must "account" for! ;-) Mercy. I may never get them all straight!
I know - or I should say I THINK I know - about the Green Duke found in the 1790, 1800, and 1810 Warren Co censuses, whose will was dated 14 Feb 1811, and proved May Court 1811.....naming sons William P., Lewis P., & Green B., along with several daughters and grandchildren. In earlier deeds, this Green's wife's name is referenced as "Mary" (if you believe these all to be the same Green Duke!)
His son, Green B. Duke, born ca 1781 who md Rebecca Robertson and had no known sons.
Then, there is also the Green Duke who was a son of Simon Duke, but this Green died ca 1805 (per a Warren Co estate inventory) - so surely would not be your Green Duke.
To answer your question, obviously I do not seem to know about your Green Duke, but I would very much like to try to learn more. The only way I know to be certain about any Green Duke is to identify them all! ;-)
I will be glad to try to help, but need some idea of how you've determined that yours was born in Warren Co, NC. Thanks for any help!

Posted: 6 Aug 2004 3:11PM GMT
Sandy, Do you have any information on Simon Duke, father of Green Duke who died in Warren Co?
Simon Duke's daughter, Martha, m. John Langford in Warren Co. John Langford died in 1828 & Martha in 1832. They are my husband's ggg grandparents. I have a good bit of info on their descendants but would love to know more about Simon Duke's family.
Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Happy to share what I have.
Thx, Mary

Dennis Duke (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2004 6:59AM GMT
I'm the great grandson of a Green R. Duke born 1835+/- shown in 1860 Floyd County (Rome), GA Census. A Mrs. Haney Duke b. 1782+/- is listed living with him, I assume this is his mother. She is listed as from SC.

I am interested in finding info on Green's father, Haney's husband. Did your Green Duke travel into SC?

Dennis Duke

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 4:18PM GMT
Mary,
I am a direct descendant of Martha Duke Langford's sister Frances Duke who m. Wood King. Frances Duke King was my 4th great grandmother. So your husbands ggg grandparents and mine were family!!!! Would really, truly appreciate being able to share information. Pls get in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions