Search for content in message boards

James & Elizabeth OWENS, of Wayne County, KY

James & Elizabeth OWENS, of Wayne County, KY

Posted: 17 Jan 2003 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2005 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Owens, Coe
I'm looking to see if anyone has any info on James & Elizabeth Owens of Wayne County, KY. They are my maternal g-g-grandparents. Their daughter Nannie Bell Owens married my g-grandfather Samuel Winfield Coe in Wayne County, KY on Dec. 30, 1886. Can't seem to find much about my Owens family. Any & all help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: James & Elizabeth OWENS, of Wayne County, KY

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 8:54PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2010 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Owens
I am interested in your Owens line. My Owens were in Wayne co.Ky in the very early 1800's. They moved to Nodaway county, Missouri, in 1838 I think. They lived there until 1885, and moved on to Neb and areas north and west. I have
always wondered if they left some of their Owens family in Wayne, co. Have you done any dna tests? We did and we do not connect with any other Owens lines so far. Thanks Kay Neubauer
NQH@EARTHLINK.NET

Re: James & Elizabeth OWENS, of Wayne County, KY

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: Owens, Oens
Did your ggrandmother Nannie Bell Owens have any brothers to follow down thru the ages? If we can follow the male Owens line, we can test the dna and see if James Owens is of the same line as our NIcholas. There is a chance that James could be a son of Nicholas. Thanks Kay
NQH@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions