Search for content in message boards

William Johnson

William Johnson

Elaine Brake (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Tipper
Searching for information on Johnson family, Father, William C. Johnson b. 12/29/1810, near Cumberland, Montgomery, Tn.d. 8/9/1884 Barry Co, Mo. Burried Sparks Cemetary, Barry Co. Mo. Married Sarah Tipper b. 3/10/1812 also near Cumberland, Montgomery, Tn. d. 12/14/1881 Barry Co. Mo. Burried Same Cemetary. Children of William C. & Sarah are: William Riley b. 1831 Knoxville, Knox, Tn Married Susan Parks b. 4/13/1836 both are burried in Hilton Union Chapel Cem, Osa, Barry Co. Mo. Nancie Dove b. 1830 Knoxville, Knox, Tn. Sarah b. 1832 b. same place. Mathew b. 1834 same place. Mary Elizabeth b. 12/233/1836 New Cumberland Mtn., Tn. d. 5/1919 burried Jenkins, Barry Co., Mo. Alcey b. 1838 Knoxville, Knox, Tn. d. 7/16/1896. Lavinia b. 1840 same place Married Joseph Woolf Dec. 24, 1860???. Madenia or Felisa b. 1842 same place. Louise Katherine b. 1846 same place d. 3/1918. William R. is my gggrandfather. His son James R. Johnson's daughter Tella Hartsel Patterson was my grandmother. Story has it this family came to Missouri in the late 1850's and then their oldest son My gggrandfather William Riley brought his family later. I need more information and I would enjoy sharing what I have.

WILLIAN C.JOHNSON

TWILLA DURON (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON, TIPPER, PETERS
MY GREATGRANDMOTHER WAS ALCEY JOHNSON SHE MARRIED MATHIAS (TY) PETERS ON DEC. 6,1856. I THINK HE DIED IN BARRY CO. MO. BUT HAVE NOT FOUND ANY RECORDS ON HIM. THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN, MY GRANDFATHER WILLIAM SAMUEL PETERS,B.MAY 20,1860,AND SUSAN PETERS LOWERY. HAVE YOU FOUND ANY MORE ON SARAH TIPPER OR WILLIAM C. JOHNSON? tduron@JUNO.COM

William C. Johnson

Elaine Brake (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Tipper, Peters
So wonderful to hear from you. I have a copy of the 1860 Barry County Census. Your GGMother Alsa (Alcey?) Peters is listed as living with Wm. Johnson. Also listed in the same household is a Female age 1 year named Sarah and a Male age 3/12 named William S. I am sure this must be Alsa Peters' children, since the Wm. Johnson she is living with and his wife (Nancy?) may be too old (50 and 46) to have children this young. Any information you have about William and Sarah would be greatly appreciated.

William & Sarah Johnson

TWILLA DURON (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Tipper
The only information I have on William & Sarrah (Tipper) Johnson is ,William was b. Dec. 29,1810 near Cumberland,N.C. ,D. Aug 8, 1884, Cassville, Mo. Sarah Tipper was b. March 10,1812 in N. C. , d. Dec. 14,1881. Burial is in the Sparks Cemetery, northeast of Cassville, Mo.. William C. married (2) Martha India Counts. They had a daughter- Leander Johnson. And un official record list children of William and Sarah as William R. b.1829,Tenn.Nancy b.1830,Sarah b.1832,Matthew b.1834,Mary Elizebeth,b.1836,Alsey b.1838, and four more ,need space

NANCY???

Casey Smith (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: JOHSNON
Is your Nancy Nancy H?? by chance her father Wm.R. Johnson?? her mother Susan Johnson? if so please let me know thanks!!!

Re: William Johnson

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
Elaine/Twilla, are you guys still out there? If so, please contact me. This also my family and I would love to share information.

Elaine - I'm along the same lines as you. Your side is Aunt Ted, mine is her sister Zelphia. If you are the "Elaine" I think you are, we may have met at Sam A. Baker State Park.

Thanks - stefanie

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Solomon, Reeves, Allen
Hello,
My name is Cheryl Watson. My father, Lloyd Allen Reeves, son of Elijah Thomas Reeves, Cato Barry, MO., and was the grandson of John Reeves and Sarah Ann Solomon. Sarah's father was John Solomon and Nancie Johnson. Nancie Dove Johnson 1830 of Knoxville, Know, TN was the daughter of William C Johnson and Sarah Tipper. Here is what I have accumulated so far. John Solomon, b. 1826, Jenkin, Barry, MO married Nancie Dove Johnson, b. 1830 Knoxville, Knox, TN (father William Johnson and Mother Sarah Tipper). Children Mary Jane Solomon b. 1852 Cato, Barry MO d. 1940; Sarah Ann Solomon b. 1854 Cato, Barry, Missouri d 1886; John Solomon 1856 Cato, Barry MO d 1925; Thomas Solomon b. 1858 Cto, Barry, MO d 1930. John Reeves b 1850 Cto Barry Mo d 1900 married Sarah Ann Solomon Feb 13 1868. Children were James Reeves b 1870 Cato, Barry, MO d 1905; Mary Reeves b 1873, Cato, Barry, MO d 1900 married Dan Hurrel; Nancy Dove Reeves b 1875 Cato, Barry, MO d 1912 married a Mr Rhoden; Lucile Reeves b 1877 Cato, Barry, MO d 1943 married Joseph Allen; William Reeves b 1879 Cato, Barry, MO d 1910; Elijah Thomas Reeves, my grandfather, b 1881 Cato, Barry, MO d 1926 married Berth Lenora Allen, my grandmmother. Della Reeves b 7/14/1883, Cato, Barry, MO; Elizabeth Reeves b 1885 Cato, Barry, MO d 1885. William C Johnson b 12/29/1810 d 8/9/1484 Cassville, MO married Sarah Tipper b 3/10/1812 d 12/14/1881 Cassville, MO. I understand that there is Cherokee heritage and I have been trying to make the connections as it appears they did not register on the Indian Roll during the time of the "Trail of Tears". I have much more information, but mostly on Reeves/Allen side. I would like to find out more about William C Johnson. If you would like to correspond I can be reached at email rac@nwlink.com. I reside in WA.

Posted: 4 Aug 2010 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
Hi Cheryl,

I am a cousing on the same level as Elaine Brake that started this thread. I also once believed that William C. Johnson was a possible father to William Riley Johnson. But, after many years of research I no longer believe this to be the case.

But here is some of the information I found out about WCJ while I was researching him.

If you check out the Goodspeed's History of Barry Co. you will find a couple references to WCJ. One mentions he was transporting a prisoner and he shot the prisoner. Another refers to him as being a Coroner. And another I believe shows he took part in the Civil War in the Barry Co. area.

William and Sarah are buried in the Sparks Cemetery which is just a few miles north of Cassville, MO. It is a small cemetery, maybe 50 to 100 stones. There are 3 or 4 other Johnson graves there, but I was unable to find a connection to William or Sarah.

Lastly, aI think I have found Bright's first born son, William. I have a male cousin who has done the DNA test for me and it is currently being processed. I would love to have a direct male descendant from this family to compare to.

A stop at the court house in Cassville will yield you with some property documents as well as I think a partial will. Looks like WCJ bought property and later sold it to other family members.

The children are mentioned in the will, including a daughter named Alcey. If you search on her, look under Alcey Peters and you will find information about her second husband. Looks like she was only married a short time and something happened to her first husband and then she married Peters.

The only other interesting fact that I can think of, is if you follow WCJ and his family through the census as they leave TN and come to MO, they make a short stop for the 1870 census in the eastern-most tip of Kentucky. The son is listed in the census and if you read the information provided for him there is a checkmark in the field for if his voting rights have been removed. This is the only year this shows up and it means that this person rebelled in some way related to a previous war or has committed some kind of crime. So he did something, but we don't know what it is.

Hope this helps.

-stefanie

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Tipper, Solomon
Don't know if any of you are still actively researching William C Johnson, Sarah Tipper, and/or their descendants. They are 4th gr-grandparents and I've recently decided to focus my research on them. I would love to share what I've found and bounce several theories off other descendants.

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Tipper, Solomon, Reeves, Allen
Still researching when time permits. Would like to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions